Bonisagi House Acclaim

My read of the Acclaim rules is that they are far too easy to accumulate. So, in any game I run where a Bonisagus's player wants to use those, I will be dividing pretty much everything by at least 2.

I agree that House Acclaim is too easily gained. Here's how I handled it in my game:

• With the exception of breakthroughs, the gain in acclaim points gain are reduced by two per Current Acclaim rank. This means that a Bonisagus will quickly get to rank 1, and eventually to rank 2, but if he only keeps doing things most mages would not consider significant as a contribution to the order enough to generate fame, he probably will not reach rank 3-4 until he starts being more ambitious in the projects he publishes.
  • There is no actual cap in House Acclaim rank. In practice, House Acclaim rank above 4 is only relevant in two cases: It's easier to succeed on lore checks to know about the magus's reputation, and House succession politics. So having a rank of 6 makes you more well known than other Dendrophori, but not more important until you're actually recognized as a Primus.