Can you change range of a formular spell?

So I have some personal ranged spells.
I dont feel like to relearn them with touch range.
Can you change the range it with muto or rego vim?
You can change duration with muto but cant find range specifically.
Or is is there an other way?
I know there is a virtue for that but I dont have it.

It's a Muto Vim effect, specifically the second one on the list. Talk to your SG about making a version of Wizard's Boost that always increases Range by one increment.

Otherwise, without Virtues, no. But Muto Vim is a pretty useful school to dabble in, so have fun.

Wizard's Reach, ArM5, p. 160.
QED.

Ye the wizards boost is what I need.
Wondering if I change the individual to group and cast the personal spell then ppl standing near to be will be affected right? And still 5lvl higher?

Wizard's Boost changes a spell by 5 levels, a change from Individual to group is going to be 10 levels (2 magnitudes, so 10 levels if the spell is 5th level or higher). and cannot be changed by Wizard's Boost.

Wizard's Boost is also a spell whose effects are entirely up to the SG based on the text.

It really isn't. It's a legacy spell that's horribly vague.
The same page has Wizard's Reach, which is exactly what you're asking for.

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but while are on the subject of Wizard's Reach, I have a question. Wizard's Reach says that you can increase the range of the targeted spell by one category. That's pretty easy to figure out. But when do you have to cast Wizard's Reach? Does the targeted spell have to be in effect? Do you cast it immediately before casting the targeted spell? Maintaining the Demanding Spell is clear that it must be cast while the other spell is in effect. But no such clarification is given for Wizard's Reach.

I ask mostly because, in theory, the spell should allow you to affect the range of a Momentary duration spell, and I'm not sure how you would do that if the spell had to be in effect when you cast Wizard's Reach. Let's say that I want to cast Pilum of Fire at Sight range instead of its normal Voice range. Is that possible with Wizard's Reach? If so, how would I go about doing it?

Regarding "when you cast Wizard's Reach" is a specific example of "when do you cast a Muto Vim spell?" Which, unfortunately, isn't clear.

It's either "right before, and you delay the MuVi effect until you finish the target spell", or else it's "right after, and you delay the target spell".

I think the general consensus on the forums is that you cast right before. Personally, I prefer right after, though. (It makes sense to me that you cast the first spell, but hold it temporarily with your mind, and then you modify it with the MuVi effect.)

However, either way - the spell is in range because you're delaying one of them for a second or two - that's why there's a concentration check that's required when casting MuVi spells.

Meta magic needs to happen first. Primarily reasoning is this is the way Wizards Communion works for ritual spells. The Muto Vim errata requires that a spell affecting another spell be in effect for as long as the casting of the other spell. For ritual spells, that duration is Sun.

The Muto vim text box on page 159 says that muto vim can not happen after the spell is cast. Muto vim when cast on someone else's spells must be done simultaneously. The required intelligence + concentration roll of 9+ makes more sense if one assumes that the caster is casting both spells in the same round. You could argue that you're spreading out the casting of both spells to interweave them thus requiring a concentration roll but I think that is a bit more of a stretch. I allow both spells in the same round consistent with what I think was the intention of the int + concentration roll, but it does clearly contradict other parts of the rules regarding only one formulaic spell per round (the muto vim text box is mostly copy paste from 4th edition rulebook unlike the clear and contradicting discussion of spells per round in the combat chapter).

Now that muto vim is form specific (ignore the weird text in the description of wizard's boost) I think that this isn't game breaking. I've in fact never had any difficulties with it. I write it in to the setting as a remarkable magical breakthrough that happened 200 years ago.

I believe that is the general consensus because David Chart publicly stated that that was the intent many years ago. I've quoted him on that at least once on these forums when the debate has arisen before.

However, as Jonathan Link pointed out, you don't actually delay any spell. The MuVi spell needs to last through the casting of the other spell.

IIRC: Also, a T:Group can't be R:Personal. Never mind you being a part of a group logically speaking. It needs to be R: Touch or better.

Once you get a spell to Touch, you can also increase the range with the Rego Vim effect "Intangible tunnel". Although the listed spell allows you to treat a Touch spell as an Arcane Connection, it doesn't have to be - you can also have an Intangible Tunnel that works at Sight or Voice range.

Also note that an Intangible tunnel is a separate spell and magical construct, rather than a modification (such as a MuVi effect). As such, you can combine the effect with a MuVi spell. Or more specifically, you can use an Intangible tunnel with any non-personal spell - including one that has been modified with MuVi.

If you dont use the Intangible tunnel spell then you need to make a range: arcane connection version from all your spells if you want to use an arcane connection?

No, only if you cast at Range:Arcane Connection. You can always use an AC to boost penetration. And you need an AC to cast The Leap of Homecoming, even though that spell is R:Personal, you need an AC to where you want to be.

To expand a bit on what Jonathan.Link said: there are two "Arcane Connections" in Ars Magica:

1. An Arcane Connection is something (almost always a physical object), such as a blood sample or bit of hair, that creates a magical link to a target. If you have an arcane connection to a target, you can increase your casting ability. This is true for any Hermetic spell. For example: having the scale of a dragon means you can more effectively cast (say) Pillum of Flame against that dragon. The True Name of something is also considered an Arcane Connection.

2. There is the Range: Arcane Connection - which is a spell range that allows you to cast on a target, regardless of where the target is in Mythic Europe, as long as you have an Arcane connection (see #1, above) to the target. This is the classic "I set fire to an effigy of my enemy that has a bit of his hair worked into it, and he bursts into flame, even though he's in London and I'm in Constantinople." style of spell casting.

Obviously, if you successfully cast a spell that is designed for an Arcane Connection (#2), you will also get the casting bonus for having an Arcane Connection (#1). However, you do not need to have a spell with Range:AC to get those nice casting bonuses. You only need that kind of spell (Or the Intangible Tunnel) if you want that huge range.

So, it's always nice to have an AC to your target - you get a nice casting bonus. However, as Jonathan.Link said: you only NEED an arcane connection if you have a spell that is specifically designed to work at Range:AC.

This reminds me of a rules point I've never been clear of. What does it mean to "have an Arcane connection". I've traditionally thought of this as the magus holding the item with the AC, but is that necessary? Can a magus cast a spell with Arcane Connection range on an effigy of his enemy if that effigy is across the room, for example, and have it affect the connected enemy?

I've always played it that you need to be touching the AC. I think doing it any other way opens up cans of worms.

Oh, and while it's pedantic, An AC provides a bonus to the penetration total, not the casting total. It's probably unlikely to ever happen, but one could conceivable cast a spell with less than the required casting total and be fatigued, only to end up being able to penetrate due to the bonus.

Thanks for the clarification, all.