Casting InMe: Tentative Sense of the Potential AM5 Interest

Hi,

This is no problem. RoP:F is not used, but a particular virtue or flaw may be fine.

Some rules are different, so while considering vfs in anticipation is fine, getting all the numbers right may prove frustrating.

I haven't gotten to my rules for vfs, but a magus can emerge from apprenticeship with any mystery virtues other than those that grant immortality. No Nature Lore or Glamour either; from a certain point of view all hermetic magic is a kind of glamour.

Hermetic Flaws do not count against the limit of 10 flaw points, or the limit of 5 minor flaws. You can have as many of these as you like. However, a magus who exceeds 10 flaw points must have one major hermetic flaw. A magus who does have a major hermetic flaw can have more than one major hermetic virtue. If you want those mystery virtues, take them pre-Gauntlet. Mystery Virtues from TMRE are ok too.

The upshot is that magi can have extreme traditions, sacrificing in some magics to be really good in others. I actively encourage this. (Though if you take stuff that deals with spirits, taking a bad reputation, enemies, dark secret and so on is also advised.) Aside from those acquired pre-Gauntlet, Mystery Virtues are not going to be potentially initiated until actual, slow play begins. Take the ones you want up front, and balance them with flaws.

Meanwhile, I'm still writing furiously. I will have a whole lot more information within 48 hours.

And hopefully more potential players. :slight_smile:

Anyway,

Ken

Hi,

I have just requested a subforum for the game. I'm not ready to start yet, but I will be posting rules and stuff shortly.

The game is called "Matters of the Heart."

Anyway,

Ken

Hi,

Just keeping things updated:

I asked for a subforum for the game yesterday, and that should happen soon if I did it right. My email didn't bounce, so that's a start.

Meanwhile, I have been typing away, writing or rewriting rules and background material that hopefully will contribute more to the game than to my RSI. :smiley:

Anyway,

Ken

The infamous "Game (you) don't run", soon to become a game you actually do run. Muahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi,

lol Yeah. I still hope for more players. Maybe when I've actually put up the background so people know what they are getting into.

(And while I'm offering the game I'd want to play, I keep wondering whether I'd have received a larger response if I had instead offered my "high concept" saga of "Magi of the Caribbean," featuring, you know, magi in the 17th century Caribbean....)

Anyway,

Ken

The forum is up, so we should take discussions over there. Post your CharGen rules/guidelines, and I will crank out Polyoppoties 3.0 :smiley:

lol I'm working on it, I'm working on it!

Hi,

Whew! I believe that I have posted everything, and hopefully have not left out anything important, except for some things I know I have to get to. There should be enough material for character creation.

Please let me know if the game's sub-forum is accessible.

There's an OOC Chat thread already open.

Anyway,

Ken

Hi,

I have a section about development remaining, which goes into detail about how that works, and perhaps a sample, to show that it does; everything needed to bring a character to Gauntlet is there.

wry smile Now I find out whether this is going to be the quickest game into retirement.

Anyway,

Ken

That sounds really cool. Because I'm playing in Andorra - which fulfills all my needs for fighting big monsters using big guns. So a pbp that allows a character time to develop his hobby horse is wonderful (I've always wanted to play a character who focuses on making everyday life more comfy - with a portable (flying?) house complete with invisible harp concert and running hot water - because that is what I would do as a magus in the Middle ages.

Is there still room for a player ?