Cat and raven with might

Hello all, long time no see :slight_smile:

For a game in another forum I amb building a Gifted witch: She has a lab total of around 12-13 for Animal Ken, and I was looking what she could bind as a familiar now or in the future.

I recall seeing a crow/raven with Might 9 somewhere (might be 4th edition?) and the same with a Might 8 cat. But I cannot find them. Does anyone remember where those creatures mught be hiding? IIRC the cat had second sight and the crow/raven premonitions. I might have imagined those stats, but I am fairly sure they are around. they are not in ROP:Magic before anyone suggests it.

Xavi

The magic cat in covenants is might 10, as is the hound.

Raven of Virtue in Realms of Power: magic.
There is a cat as an example character on the atlas games site, plus there are many rules for magical cat generation in Realms of Power: magic.

2 Likes

So nothing in the Might range (5-9) I was looking for. Thanks all for the info :slight_smile:

You know, building a magical animal for a low might range is extremely easy. Take the base animal, decide if it has intelligence or cunning, and just strap 5-9 points of magical virtues together that fit loosely with the idea you have in mind. For a quick rule of thumb, half the points on powers, half the points on basic statistics (quickness or soak for survivability, perhaps, and maybe a point towards communication and another towards unusual skills if it has intelligence). Both cats and birds have example powers, so it shouldn't take that long to do.

2 Likes

The Raven of Virtue is Might 9

1 Like

Ah! I missunderstood you then. Off I go to check the raven :slight_smile: