Catastrophos of Flambeau (rough draft)

These are my preliminary character idea. Well, the fifth drafting of an idea. Feedback is encouraged and appreciated :smiley:

Catastrophos of Flambeau: aka Dan Patrokolos of Vresthena
Characteristics: Int +3, Per -1, Com -1, Pre -1, Str 0, Sta +1, Dex 0, Quik +2
Size: 0
Decrepitude: 0
Warping: 0 (0)
Confidence: 2 (5)
Virtues & Flaws: The Gift, Hermetic Magus, Puissant Perdo; Mythic Blood of Delendides (Stalwart Casting, Temperate, Minor Magic Focus in Causing Wounds,

Apt Student, Fast Caster, Good Teacher, Mastered Spells, , Puissant Parma Magica, Self Confident, Skilled Parens
Blatant Gift, Weak Spontaneous Magic; Difficult Spontaneous Magic, Dutybound, Minor Essential Flaw โ€“ Laconic (Communication), Temperate
Personality Traits: Laconic* +3, Honor Bound +3, Stoic +3, Brave +4, Loyal +4
*applies as a penalty or substitute for Communication when engaging in lengthy detailed discourse; such as oration or writing. Teaching large groups or Writing Texts is affected, but not Teaching or Training one on one.
Reputations:
Powers:

Combat:
Dodge/Grapple:
Knife:
Soak: +1
Fatigue: OK, 0, -1, -3, -5, ko
Wounds: -1 Lt (1-5), -3 Med (6-10), -5 Hvy (11-15), Incap (16-20), Dead (21+)
Abilities: Greek 5 (Doric)
Magic Theory 4 (spells)

Arts:
Creo 0, Intellego 0, Muto 0, Perdo 4+2, Rego 4
Animal 0, Aquam 0, Auram 0, Corpus 0, Herbam 0
Ignem 0, Imaginem 0, Mentem 0, Terram 0, Vim 5
Twilight Scars & Effects:
Magic Sigil:
Symbolic Sigil:
Equipment:
Encumbrance: 0
Spells Known:

ReCo15 Wizardโ€™s Leap (Mastery 1; Fast Cast)
ReVi20 Aegis of the Hearth (Mastery 1; Stalwart)
Background:

You have 5 traits, including two at +4. Wouldn't you call that a bit much? Also, you took Temperate twice (once through Mythic Blood, once regular).

I'm personally not a fan of multiple "puissant" abilities, especially when they are both magical in nature, but that's your call. Guess I don't like stacking the deck too much. You could always consider Puissant Parma and Affinity with Perdo. It'll give you more of a feeling that you're growing into your real power, too.

What do you plan for your magus to do when there's nothing to fight? Between Laconic and Blatant Gift, your character is just about a disaster at anything social. Even magi might balk, given the preponderance of House Jerbiton in the area. The Good Teacher merit will help some, but only when teaching an apprentice, essentially. And you will struggle to leave a legacy, since your books and lab texts will be a serious chore for you. If you feel that your character cares about a legacy, consider Profession (scribe) and perhaps OoH Lore.

Have you considered whether your character owes any favours or such to his awesome Parens? I'm actually working on that for my own character, since I was planning on that same virtue. Not sure yet what my solution will be.

The combination of Stalwart and Fast Casting is a good idea. Cautious Sorceror might be worthwhile, too, given the danger of botches in combat. Self Confident is another solid choice; I approve (for what that's worth!).

Incomplete rough draft. Drop the second temperate and sub Heroic Personality, trade self confident for something else.

I am unsure which traits you refer to or the +4's. But no, there is nothing I consider a bit much.

Puissant Perdo is a Free House Virtue. I myself do like stacking and think I should stack more.

There is always something to fight. One day maybe a hoplite. Playing nice with others is not on his agenda. I myself will play nice with you though :smiley:

I might drop Good Teacher. It was for you guys, teaching each other. I envisioned a guy whi sucks at writing books and teaching large crowds, but is great at one-on-one training/teaching.

I think he's speaking of Personality Traits.

Indeed.

Who was Delendides? I can't place the name.

If you have made changes to the character please make them on your top post. Also I am going to echo the question about who Delendides is, when I search for it all the pages are in Spanish, and in no case was it capitalized.
Also is your essential trait (laconic) an essential flaw or essential trait? From what I am reading Essential traits are restricted to characters with a magic might.

Essential Flaw can be treated as essential traits; the personalities was a mistake because I forgot heroic personality, this was a rough draft i revised at home, the scapped the guy because he is unpleasent. I have a new concept: Anathasios of Flambeau. will post monday

That is a play on words, Hellenizing the names Delendar/Delendos. They were readmitted to cannon in the Val-Negra chapter of Faith & Flame.

Here is a revised version of Catastrophos
:mrgreen:

Catastrophos of Flambeau: aka Dan Patrokolos of Vresthena
Characteristics: Int +2, Per -1, Com -1, Pre -1, Str 0, Sta +1, Dex 0, Quik +3
Size: 0
Decrepitude: 0
Warping: 0 (0)
Confidence: 2 (5)
Virtues & Flaws: The Gift, Hermetic Magus, Puissant Perdo; Mythic Blood of Delendides (Stalwart Casting, Temperate, Minor Magic Focus in Causing Wounds, Endurance of Hercules); Deft Corpus, Fast Caster, Good Teacher, Mastered Spells, Puissant Parma Magica, Skilled Parens, Blatant Gift, Enemies; Dutybound, Difficult Spontaneous Magic, Heroic Personality, Minor Essential Flaw โ€“ Laconic (Communication)
Personality Traits: Laconic* +3 (Communication); Stoic +5, Honorable +4, Loyal +4, Dutybound +3
*Essential Trait [sup](applies as a penalty to or substitute for Communication when engaging in lengthy detailed discourse; such as oration or writing.; Teaching large groups or Writing Texts is affected, but not one-on-one personal Training or Teaching)[/sup]
Reputations:
Mythic Power: [i]ReCo25 Endurance of Hercules[/u]: As Endurance of the Berserkers, but with a potential duration of up to a Moon. As any Mythic Power, it can be activated or cancelled at will. (Base 10, +3 Moon, No Gestures)

You do understand that an essential flaw is always a penalty, correct? There will never be a +3 bonus for Laconic, only a penalty, and it will replace your -1 com with a -3 anytime you would need to be loquacious or expound upon a subject.

[strike]Also since I do not have faith and flame, that didn't really answer the question...[/strike]
never mind, I found it in the Andorra Wiki

Fully understood. It is easier to say "Laconic +3" as opposed to "Verbose -3". It is a -3 penalty for rolls and a substitute of a -3 score when calculating totals.

Heroic personality indicates the personality trait has to be one which could be used to pull you into a story- I don't see that happening with stoic...

Forget this guy, I decided to go with thw Anathasios concept. But Stoic can force all kinds of actions, as can Honorable. But it doesn't matter. Keep this guy for yourself and rework him into an NPC ally/enemy if you want.

I'm also only seeing 9 points in virtues with 10 points in flaws...

retool him as you need. I have abandoned this character concept and turning it over to you as a possible NPC or casualty of war or just to be ignored and forgotten.
Anathasios is the way of the future! It was also my greatgrand father's name. Immagrant, WWI vet, killer of giants. :mrgreen: