Changer's Granddaughter (Summer 1243)

Seeing his wife's attire, Jaksic enquires
What's happening? You look like you're expecting trouble. Is everything all right?

Felix:
Meow belchs some smoke

(I'm taking a few days next week, I don't know if I'll be able to connect, so don't be surprised if this stalls up a little)

[color=red]"Everything's better than all right, love! Grandfather and I are going exploring...well, I'm going exploring, he knows where he's going...and he thinks that when we're done, I'll be able to become the dragon again!" Vibria is absolutely beaming and hopping up and down with girlish glee.

Take care, have a fun and/or productive time, and we'll see you when you get back.

Jkasic looks at vibria with puzzlement at first, wondering what his wife his saying.
THen, grasping the idea
A dragon? You're sure? Wow, that's quite something. And I guess it won't be dangerous if you're with sigmundo. Not that you're not fully able to calcinate anything!!!
So, that's a good news, then? You go, and you enjoy your trip, I'll wait for you here!

Once Vibria is done, she goes through the gates, the gaze of both mundane and supernatural guards on her. Despite the breeze, the night is hot, which is comfortable for the maga. THe moon and stars are bright above her, enough to clearly see the road as she leaves the castle, walking away from it for a little while.
Here, darling, she hears, coming from a tree on the side.

The great raven she's seen before flies towards the road before her, and lands. She sees his form bulge, increasing in size, then changing to a draconic shape, increasing again in size, and again, and again, until the great dragon reaches his full size.
He puts a claw forward in invitation for Vibria to climb
Come. We have much road to cover, and little time.

Thanks! :smiley: I'll connect if I can, but I have absolutely no idea, so don't worry!

Vibria climbs aboard and makes herself secure, being sure she can reach the catch on the armour in case she falls off during the flight.

[color=red]"Allons-y!"

In one single, powerful move, Sigmundo flaps his wings, rising in the air while buffeting the soil underneath with mighty gusts of wind.
He flaps them once more, and once again, shooting himself in an ascending slope, never missing a beat. The wind rushing around her, vibria can feel the elemental force of wings able to batter a knight.

Flying faster than ever before, the Dragon travels northward, Vibria being forced to cling to him for fear of being taken aback.
Yet, it is an exhilarating experience, to ride such a powerful mount, the cold air around her contrasting with the potent, comforting warmth of Sigmundo's body.

This goes on for a while, although far less than what Vibria would have loved, until her ancestor lovers his flight, the beat of his wings stopping as he glides towards the ground. One could almost say gently if the beast wasn't to damn massive.
The descend slows down, and down again, his claws finally grasping solid rock as he lands on a stony slope.

The stars are bright, and the more is clear enough for Vibria do discern her surrounding clearly. First, the massive, freaking dragon, of course, although he's already shrinking. Then, rocks and stone, leaving a clear field of view to... is that fissure a cavern?

Sigmundo, his dragon form now only as big as a great warhorse, catches Vibria's look.
Yes. That's it. That's the entrance I used, at least.

Vibria looks back at Sigmundo, then at the cave entrance. She casts Lamp Without Flame without words or gestures (her CT is +29 before Aura, and the spell is Level 10; her roll, just to make sure she doesn't botch, is a 6.

[color=red]"Shall I go first, or would you rather follow me?" she grins.

She does keep a hand near the hilt of her sword, just in case.

Surprisingly, Sigmundo seem to balk a little.

You go, dearest. You're a dragon at heart, remember? You have nothing to fear. You wouldn't have me babysit you like you were some kind of baby lizard, wouldn't you?

Vibria nods, then turns back toward the crevace. She has a sudden attack of the nervous, as bad as she felt just before her gauntlet or the Battle of the Dragons. She tells herself that she'll be fine...after all, she made it through everything else with all but her pride intact (and her finger, but still...).

[color=red]"Wish me luck, Grandfather." she says before she enters.

Good luck, grandaughter., whispers the dragon as Vibria enters the cavern.

And the cavern is quite mundane to Vibria's senses. Solid, basic stone, nothing out of the ordinary, or so it appears once she's cast her Lamp Without Flame.
But it goes deeper, so deeper Vibria goes.

The path is wide enough for her to walk comfortably. So far, there doesn't seem to be any pitfalls or treachery.
Soon enough, Vibria enters a chamber, big enough to house a score of soldiers despite the earth's teeth going up and down. Something strange seems to be happening to her light, though, it looks a little more diffuse, things a little less sharp.

Going out, there is one path up ahead, similar in size to the one she took already. It soon goes dawn, at times slippery, although vibria manages by being careful when need be.
And, yes, there's definitely something going on with the light. As she progresses in the tunnel, it appears that some kind of diffuse mist is rising, soothing her light and blurring her sight, not to any dangerous level, though. Yet.

After a little while, Vibria enters a second chamber, a little wider than the one before. Between her light, the growing mists and the smooth stone teeth, it all seems a little dreamy and surreal. Or it would, if some kind of nightly Andorra bugs hadn't seemingly took Vibria for their dinner, for her skin itches a little, bothering her, but grounding her to reality.

Looking around, the only ways out seems to be either the passage she took, or a crevice on the floor.

What do you do?

Vibria stops in the second chamber, recasts Lamp Without Flame again (how did I go this long without giving her Concentration at all? :unamused: ), and thinks quickly.

She then goes and peers down into the crevice. If Awareness is called for: Per 0 + Awareness 3 + Keen Vision 3 + die roll of 6 = 12.

Good choice, recasting the spell :wink:

THe crevice goes down enough that, between her light's limited range and the mist, Vibria can't really see the ground. However, she sees all kind of nice holds, making the decent easy enough (Athletics check of 6-9).

Hum... Make me another awareness roll (and hope I remember what it's for when next I read you), difficulty 6.

Per 0 + Awareness 3 + die roll of 2 = 5. If it's Sight or Hearing, she gets a +3 for Keen Eyes/Sharp Hearing; otherwise, I'll use a Fortune to get it to 6.

Does the crevice look wide enough for her to use the wings in her armor?

(Feeling carsick, that's wonderful. It'll pass, but yuck)

First, Vibria realizes that the cave is strangely warm, like a spring day. Between, well, being in a cave, and the mists, it should be cold down her, yet it isn't, and she hasn't exerted in any way that could make it feel so.

Second, the crevice is wide enough to not feel cramped (at its widest, about as wide as Vibria's extended arms), but that's far from enough for her to fly.

Vibria mentally shrugs as she lowers herself into the crevice, focussing more on her next hand- and foot-hold than about how far down it is.

Her Athletics roll is Dex 0 + Athletics 0 (Really, PB?) + die roll of 9 = 9.

That's a real maga! Who cares about athletics when there are grogs for this! Now, give me a comfy chair! :wink:

Vibria begins her descent. Luckily, she finds it easier than she would have thought.
But she discovers it's a little hard to focus on her light spell, while taking care not to fall.

Make a Concentration check, EF 6.
If you fail:
[spoiler]Suddenly, Vibria feels her concentration slips, and the light suddenly goes out. Luckily, she had good holds, so she doesn't fall. She also discovers that the mists are slightly luminescent, which is barely enough to help her see the closest grips. The EF goes from 6 to 9, but she passed that.[/spoiler]

Either way:
[spoiler]Between the gestures, the warmth and the strange, increasing mists, Vibria loses more and more track of time. The climb seems more and more dream-like, and she has to struggle to stay fully awake, although her stinging skills helps somewhat in that.[/spoiler]

Make a second concentration check, same EF.
If you fail:
[spoiler]As before, Vibria's concentration slips, although for a different result, and she barely notices it. The EF still increases, but she doesn't realises much, so taken she is by her dream-state[/spoiler]

The first concentration check: Int 1 + Concentration 0 + die roll of 8 = 9.

Second concentration check: 1 + die roll of 4 = 5.

Vibria's feet touch down.

She finds herself in some kind of foggy, dark grey surroundings, images and memories flooding to her. Her childhood friends (or lack thereof), her parents, her flamebreath's first manifestation, her gift's opening...

Aside from the stone under her feet, she doesn't see much around her, and wander somewhat without even realizing it. Truth be told, she's a little stoned. Everything is warm and comfortable around her, save her skin, which is really itchy.

She feels like waking up when, before her, the mists part, revealing what looks like a cliff. A stony head emerges, that of an old man, half as big as her, almost human in its features, yet not quite, with its huge brow and large, wrinkled eyes.

Sigh... Here you come again, daughter of the dragon? I told you you should leave this path. Why do you still persist? it says in a fatigued tone.

(Edit: I know you chose "harcore gamer" setting, but still, if you're bored or are having a problem, please let me know)

[color=red]"Yes I do...although I don't really remember coming before. But I come again because this is important. I seek to find, to uncover a part of me that's lain fallow for far too long."

((Nah, I'm good.))

[b]And he'll destroy you, as he destroyed us.
But then, I am just a guide now. So shall it be

This will be different as before, yet the same: The mists may change yo- [/b]
He... twitches, and it's a little as if he was a different man. Not that his face is different, it's just the way he looks at you, more energetic, more awake, more commanding
Who are you? You are not Elisa, are you? Why are you here? Another fool seeking the mists, you are?

[color=red]"I'm counting on it changing me.

"And no, I'm not Elisa. I'm Vibria. I'm here to unleash and harness the dragon that lives within me. If it's foolish to become more than I was..." Vibria shrugs.