Chapter 10 - A Space in Time

I'll take 4 Perdo vis.

My apologies. Work has been hell and I intend to at least get the next part done today, or just write up a quick conclusion. I assume my virtue for +xp for adventures would also apply?

Octavian would give his proxy vote to whomever is the acting Tremere Tribune anyways. Octavian would have gone to Provencal if there were any questions regards to his investigation of Val-Negra. I don't have the time or real inclination to run a story of my own as a storyguide. As for running a solo adventure, it's up to you.

Octavian will vote against all of them.

Your prose is powerful, and it is well worth the wait!
And yes, your special Virtue does apply.

Hmmm, I thought that would be you as you are a councilarius. No matter. In any case, if their is something specific you are wanting to accomplish with Tribunal, let me know PM. Otherwise I want to handwave past it. We are a borderland covenant with pretenses at independance, so it is not important to us.

Okay, that's fine. Everyone note that Octavian the player is a pretty cool guy, it is Octavian the character that is totally a Dk. He is playing in character :slight_smile:
Any other votes?

All Tremere, including those with their sigil, vote with the Tribune on important matters. On "trivial" matters, they are free to vote as they wish. It would be silly to appoint someone that can't vote as your House's voter.

No in character reason to allow them. None of them except Ludivico even bothered to introduce themselves, no less earn his vote.

That's because you intimidate them and they fear to approach you :smiley:

Okay guys, you heard the man. Octavian wants to be politiced in order to earn his vote.

The only time we met in actual play was, I think, in Chapter 7 when he left the hall just as Txatxu entered, and he was pretty angry at something which Txatxu still doesn't know about.

I had assumed they would have met and talked, at least the polite hello and good afternoon every now and then, off screen though.

send him private messages and charm him :slight_smile:
It could also be something you are doing over the course of the next year during your "Inspection" time (the year period before they vote on your membership, when the member magi can instect and investigate you non magically)

Who are the people that can vote on the upcoming memberships, an exact count with names please. :wink:

Antonio

Rodrigo

Inigo / Xalbador

Carmen

Dimir Taar

Octavian

Viola?

Marie Noris?

Marcellus Glacius?

Aaaaand?

And our prospectives are...

Ludovico

Ameline

Vares

Theseus? ( Active? )

Gerardo? ( Active? )

Txaxtu

Kallista

Vallentino

Is this correct?

Theseus and Gerrado are gone, but otherwise you are correct.
I think...

Didn't marie drop the game or am I mistaken?

Also, any news from Falls or the Fixer? They haven't posted on the forums in over 2 months.

Well, Max (Decimus) did drop out because he is busy running two other games. Jean Michelle (Marie) had recently sent me a letter announcing his intention to return, but that was a few weeks ago. I'm just leaving her in her lab for now. Fixer is back though, long summer vacation. He just caught up with Ad Fons, is catching up with Novus Mane, and is working on catching up here too. Already talked to him. Falls is, well, Falls is Falls. He often fades out and back in. This is normal for him. Pretty much the same over in Ad Fons.

So do you want me to spend the drake hunt xp differently? I had put it all in magic lore...

Looks good to me. You did get a strong exposure to Magic Lore.
You are still labeling the years and seasons like mundane scholars do :laughing:
Hermetic year starts with winter.
Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall
The Aegis is cast on the Winter Solstice each year, common throughout the Order of Hermes.

(BTW, I purposefully set the end of "Space in Time" for Spring 1222, because it works out the same using either system)

OOC: Just realised that this applies to Vares. I was continuing on with Chapter 8b.

The situation regarding Andorra and the local Tribunals is of concern. Would a Magus attending them, but not seeking to vote, be accepted? Vares would strongly advise that Andorra have at least one Magus present at both Provencal and Iberia to see what was happening. His personal inclination is to vote in Iberia, however, as he is a resident of Andorra he won't compromise its official position that way. Which is really annoying, because Andorra's "neutrality" is depriving its members of their votes when they could constitute a significant bloc.

I'll have to update Vares for the XP of the season traveling Andorra. Everything will go into Andorra Lore. Is that Independent Study? With different people he was meeting, there might be some instructional value, but I'm not clear on that point.

Is it possible for him to undergo any further Mysteries in the subsequent five seasons?

The Andorran elders are uninterested in attending either tribunal, and they will not allow any "official" representatives at their expense. Foot your own bill and go if you want, they allow visitors. :smiley:
Having said that, as a provisional guest member, no one is going to refuse to take some horses and some grogs and go somewhere. The covenant is just officially "hands off".
Rodrigo is going to Harco at that time for a special meeting. Jehan!, you will have to go with him (Summer 1221), and you will pick up 7xps of Order of Hermes Lore (or more if you choose to write a story about it :slight_smile: ).
Antonio is going to an Archmagus Symposium being held in the Alps. He drags his Carmen with him (he is her current Mentor, so she has to play sidekick again).
Wandering around and exploring counts as a Source Quality of 7 for Andorra Lore. This counts as "Practice", so Independant Study gives you +2.

As far as a New Mystery goes, I can have Fuego cook something up for you :smiling_imp:
I have a specific Alchemy/Astrology idea in mind, something Gerberish...

Uh, please keep in mind, you can only put up to 5 xp from an adventure into a single art or ability. It isn't like teaching, training or books on a subject.

Sure, if it bothers you I can change.

I just forgot about that rule as I don't use it at all, so when I saw it mentioned I thought I'd ask.

Rules Shark strikes again! Thank you LadyP, I had forgotten about that.

Dimir Taar too, for the same reasons.
That, and he thinks you really have to prove your work and dedication to the covenant. If he were to decide, there would be more grades, and you'd gain them depending or both seniority AND dedication, although the later could speed things up by about half, while whe former would hit a wall somewhere (Dedication can take you high, seniority has its limits)

I am employing the three degree system for membership. The newbies would e Journeymen whilst you have the rank of Master.

What would it take to influence you? And are there any candidates you find more or less appealing than the others?

Time. And not really, although I did recall a magus that had an interesting conversation and a tactical mind, but this was soooo long ago, I can't remember it :blush: