Chapter 1b: Dipping Your Left Foot In

Pytheas smiles

"Well, at least the island looks promising magically speaking, it doesn't just have a small aura around the oak. Japik, I'd love to go swimming with you, although all my proficiency in Aquam won't make up for your flippers, but I don't think right now is the time. For one thing, the tide is going out, and that's when I'm at my weakest magically. For another there are a lot of things we still need to do, and we don't want to the villagers wonder what we are doing around here with a half-empty skiff."

((IIRC it was high tide when we were up by the oak, so I'm assuming the tide is going out by now...))

Japik changes back to human form and heaves himself into the skiff again where he starts to dress. He doesn't care the clothes get wet.

Alright back to the town then and see if we can get some information from our mundanes. It's truly a remarkable island this.

((Indeed, the tide was at its high point then and it is at its low point now.))

((Anything more in this sub-thread?))

((Well, we are going back to town apparently ))

Yup. Tomorrow I plan to have Quercus investigate the island from up in the air, but for now I am done and the other magi seem content to have taken a first look around as well :slight_smile: "First contact day" was plentiful enough anyway

(Moving things back to the main "Chapter 1" topic.)