Chapter 5: Shadows of the past

[color=red]Did someone say danger? :smiley:

Roberto looks happy

And wirth anxious.
He doesn't care much for his own life, but fears a lot for his wife, although he tries not to show it.

Clara has faith, she is no stupid, and intend to follow the rules. Thus, she should be safe, so why bother?

Aelianus obey the rules and make sure that his fire wand it in his belt. If any fae would as much as think about hurting him they would see a amount of firely pain.

Iolar looks nervous and uncomfortable particularly as she will be in human form and unnable to take wing.
Kilica looks impassive and merely ensures that her sword is free for a rapid draw. She makes sure she is walking near to Wirth and Clara.

Genevieve leads the magi to a dark and dismal clump of tree's . There are no birds or other animals near the woods. She stops just outside the tree's and hands each of the mages and Kilica a small talisman made of bone and feathers. [color=red]This is the talisman which will protect you do not loose it
She then pushes her way into the woods gesturing for the others to follow, as she pushes into the woods the brambles seem to bend out of her way and out of the way of each of the group.
Soon an earthen track becomes visible surrounded by warped and blackened tree's. Strange moans and cries come from the woods and it feels like something is watching you. No animals can be seen in the woods.

Genevieve presses on down the path with seeming enthusiasm.

[color=green]Kilica
Kilica is clearly uncomfortable , she is constantly looking into the shadows by the side of the road , and then looking over at the other side. Her hand resting on the hilt of her sword

[color=green]Iolar
Iolar is if anything even more uncomfortable than Kilica her eyes keep seeming to track things which no one else can see. She clearly is not happy and seems to be keeping very close to Roberto

(Roberto to Iolar, noticing her behavior [color=red]You seem nervous. Do you sense danger? Perhaps I should cast my defensive spells; which I then do. Howl of Steel Weapons, Shriek of Wooden Shafts, and Ward versus Heat & Flames; in that order. Takes only a few moments.

[color=red]There are spirits everywhere watching us. They aren't freindly and it's unsettling

The path stretches on in a straight line as far as the magi can see, the group continues along it and can see no sign of the outside world besides the bent and blackened tree's and mist enveloping the path.
Genevieve and Aelinius seem unbothered by the sinister atmosphere and depressign terrain.
Wirth and Kilica are clustered around Clara looking apprehensive but there has been no actual danger yet.
Roberton is striding along clearly looking forward to some silly faerie to challange him so he can burn it to a crisp, he seems excited. Iolar stays close to Roberto and seems the most nervous of the group.

Not only looking, but being :laughing:

The Journey seems to continue for hours , and after a while Genevieve turns around and says [color=red]It seems the spirits are being difficult today perhaps one of you offends them , or perhaps it is the phase of the moon. This is going to feel like a long journey

As the trail continues it opens out into a clearing although there is a clear path through the middle of the clearing. The clearing itself is floored with a black malodorous moss.
Standing at the edge of the clearing are two human figures . One of them is a tall beautiful women with flame red hair, dressed in a cloak of Eagle feathers, she bears a striking resemblence to Iolar. The second figure with one arm around the womens shoulder is a man dressed in a robe of seven colours with a fine black beard , in his free arm he cradles a small harp.
The two figures stand still and look at the group approaching, as they do the women raises her hand.
Iolar cries out something and turns away from the group stepping towards the edge of the path

Aelianus makes haste towards Iolar. What is wrong? Are the fae affecting you in some matter? Aelianus holds his hand on hiswand ready to draw it.

Iolar does not seem to respond to Aelinius instead looking at the two figures and continuing to move forward

Aelianus greets the magi waiting at the covenant. [color=red]Salve soldaes, I am Aelianus Rober Ex Verditius, leader of Novus mane and crafter of Wands. We are honoured to be invited to your covenant. These are my soldaes. Aelianus assumes that the other magi introduces themselves.

Failure of Clarity. You have not reached the covenant you are still in the woods on the path.

I grab Iolar by the sholder [color=red]Hold up Girl! Stay on the path as we were told. Who are those peole ahead? Why do they startle you so?

[color=red]They are my parents
She makes a half hearted attempt to move around Roberto , but the surroundings seem to sink in. She comes to a stop and starts to cry, tears streaming down her face.

By this time Genevieve has turned around and come back down the path , [color=red]"Remember stay on the path the faeires and spirits are good at illusions , they will try to draw you out with shadows from your past

Aelianus speaks to Genevieve. [color=red]Please tell me about any current concern for your covenant. Did I mention that I am a wand crafter. Perhaps if your covenant are threatened by hostile fae you have a need. I could supply you with wands or other items that provide self defence.

Genevieve, ignoring the weeping Iolar
[color=red]We have no problem with the Fae our treaties, pacts and wards keep them in line. They harass visitors but thats not a big problem and they horribly kill intruders which overall is a big bonus and explains why you should never leave the path. However I am sure the elders would be happy to listen to your offer
Genevieve looks around at everyone else
[color=red]Be careful they will try again to lure someone off the path

Roerto holds Iolar, lets her bury her face in his shoulder and cry.

After a fit of sobbing Iolar seems to regain her composure and the group continues along the seemingly endless path .
The path seems to pass along one side of a clearing , in the middle of the clearing can be seen A wooden stake set into a bonfire , tied to the stake is a young boy . Surrounding the boy is a Jeering mob and a priest who is chanting and making the sign of the cross , as several of the crowd heft lit torches to ignite the bonfire. The Boy is crying out for help clearly desperate for aid