Chapter 6: Travel to Kolberg

Krispin can escape without any problems. He can both teleport away and grab his arcane connections. He returns to Ad Fons almost unconscious from the repeated spell casting. No signs of hermetic magic where seen when Boris shape changed.

What you choose to do with the plot is up to you now. Just report back to your allies and call it a day or...?

Is everybody home? If so, Krispin will relate what all has happened.

Huffing and puffing Krispin gets as much of the grime off of himself as possible and takes a nap while the grogs assemble his fellow magi.

[color=red] Hail, sodales. I have disturbing news to report about our foray to spy on Boris the Red. After I left Heinrich, they took me to the strangest little village...

Krispin recaps his story, including how Boris is building a village in the middle of nowhere with a barracks but no other apparent purpose, and how Boris had magic resistance and turned into some creature of flame when he discovered Krispin.

[color=red]Any questions, sodales? Thoughts about what we should do? It’s most strange.

[color=red]"It sounds to me like he is a demon , if he has links to Contantia then she has sunk to new depths. Do you think this demon's activities could potentially pose a threat to our covenant? If so we should go destroy him, burn the village to the ground and sow the ruins with holy water and salt.
If you think hw was just working for Constantia and has no direct bearing to us then report him to the Quasitors. Possibly this Justice you met , she seems ideally suited to investigate Constantia.

[color=red]I could also be a creature of magic or even fae, perhaps even a transformed human. We do not know. I think that we should report back to our allies or whatever we should call them. At the time we should not act hasty. Thankfully they does not know where we came from. Krispin did they take any arcane connection from you? It won’t take long for Constantia to figure out what has been carried out at her friends village. They asked us to look into the matter and we did so our mission is complete. I will write down a report and make sure that it get there. I think we can trust the redcaps. Justus seems worried.

[color=red]They have no arcane connections to me that I know about, though it is possible that I left some of my traces in my haste to leave. Not incredibly likely, but possible.

Krispin gazes levelly at Mariella. [color=red]The people of the village seemed good enough. Its purpose was mysterious, not malign. Boris seems like the sort of fellow who should be dealt with, but I think the village is only part of his plans. We would be better suited to observe the village than to destroy it. If he is a demon, having us kill innocents there could be exactly what he wants.

[color=red]If we are concerned about an arcane connection , we should be able to destroy any possible arcane connections. An an arcane conneaction from you should be possible to destroy via an arcane connection range Perdo Corpus effect of about the 2nd magnitude unless protected by magic I can easily manage such an effect spontaneously

Krispin nods. [color=red]That seems a reasonable precaution. I will consent to this

Justus: [color=red]I think that we will do best when we do report to our allies. Our task is done and I think that we risk far more than we can gain from watching that site. Constantia will surely increase the security and the risk will be far greater. Though I do not like Constantia I am reluctant to believe that she consorts with daemons, but I have little doubt that she will meet them in the afterlife.

[color=blue]We call this thread to an end and continue it later. It where the first battle against Constantia and her allies. One or more of the magi and or companions, grog etc could spend the season there watching the village and thus earn exposure xp in the more sneaky arts/abilities/spells.