Chapter 7: Council meeting

"I am also going and hopefully we can keep the disturbance to a minimum. The reason nothing has been done about religous and moral affairs in the village is because several of our sodali's have had similar views to yourself. I have raised before the problems that unuusal religous beleifs here may attract the attention of the Knights of the Sword who are based in this area and fight to convert the slavic pagans but it has not been considered an issue. Our priest is not one to cause himself problems by raising the issue with his superiors as his own faith is weak
OOC Mariella has pretty much opposed every previous decision so it is quite hard for her to justify them

Riccardo will want to talk to Mariella quietly on the side, where no one else can hear them...
[color=red]I am open and tolorant to magi from many diverse backgrounds. But I must admit that the prevelence of heathens does worry me somewhat. And I find it inconsistant that the councl would rule upon the private affairs of individuals like they just have, yet they take no responsability for the religous and moral character of the people. Perhaps a priest is exactly what this covenant needs. I mean, how is it logical to outlaw gambling and take away a man's property rights, yet at the same time they allow them to continue in self debasment? The moral code here seems quite inconsistant. Perhaps if they were Christian, or even Jewish or Moslem, the people would correct their own immorality and the council would not get dragged into mundane ajudication.

Ok, sodales. Of course I will honor decicions previously made by this council, but it seems that we should reconsider some of them in due time. But as I said previously, we shouldn't be rash. So, I will go to Kolberg first, and if nothing significant has happened here when our expedition is back, it is time to take care for the souls of our covenfolk. I'd say, we start in four days time. If you want to hurry, I can set of earlier- at once if neccessary - but each day of preparation will give me one more power which might be of use.

"Previosuly the council has not intefered with affairs until they reached the point that they came before us as a dispute to settle. I try to intervene personally as little as possible in the affairs of the covenfolk as my Gift makes it hard for them to deal with me. While there can be problems from some priests in dealing with magi I would have preferred to secure a more capable priest , and to have expelled the heretical preacher . However expelling him know will cause more trouble than it would have done earlier. We rule only upon those private affaris which are brought to us for action as we hold the power of justice over these lands and it would not be in our interests to fail to exervise that power .

Ardath has kept silent before, judging the newcomers, silently approving tatiana. This, at least, is a good and wise recruit for the covenant. She'll be usefull in dealing with such matters. The mercere is a problem, though, maybe more trouble than he's worth.

Alexios. Your fears of infernal action are heard. Why won't you take it into your hands to investigate this? You could listen and speak to everyone, and tell us your conclusions. At the very least, it'll help you get accustomed to the covenant and the villagers, and this should be a good test of your will to belong here.

As for me, although I don't like wasted time, it seems I am one of the more able to deal with a ghost here, be it through second sight or spells. Thus, it seems to be my duty to go to kolberg yet again.

But Ardath, as I said, I think that my magic will be up to the job as well. And the problems here might be great enough to justify some investigation, but they seem to be of the long-term variety. So, as one of the most junior member to this covenant I shall go to Kolberg to prove my value to you. Of course, I would be most happy if you accompanied us. While I prepare for that trip, I still can get a better picture of the situation here by talks to our dear Father Gerald.
On second thought, Tatiana, now I consider your idea of sneaking unseen into the school and just listening in on the teaching better than on the first. Perhaps, given your lack of emotional commitment to variations of Christianity, you can gather an unbiased first account on this - at least as long as you aren't spotted sneaking around. I doubt that this would improve our reputation with the villagers. But I trust you to know what you are capable of.
When we are back from that ghost hunt, we could catch up with your results and settle for a course of action then.

As the story has already went on, I think we should keep this short and make sure thast the result of the council doesn't contradict the events that have already passed. I think we can adapt to the concepts that ardath has been around on the way to Kolberg; up to now, I think she wouldn't have changed the storyline much.

Agreed.

Having a magus join this school? This could be fun. And if there's evil at work, it should jump at the opportunity to corrupt a mighty magus.
Anyway. You know your abilities better than me, so let you see put them at work, and show us what you can bring to Ad Fons.