character design and development

In any case the concern appears to be with implications of the description rather than the actual concept.

[quote="silveroak"

darkwing- let me know when you have edited the wiki to take into account the difficulty in initiating the inner heartbeast...[/quote]
OK, Taurus now has less spell levels to reflect 10 adventure xp and several extra seasons getting the inner heartbeast. Still leaves plenty of room for whoever plays them to develop spells and mysteries.

I will come up with an apprentice - I decided that stylistically it'd be more fun to start without Hermetic virtues and let the Parens decide which of their virtues to pass on, and what approach their apprentice should take to casting spells in heartbeast form.

That's somewhat similar to my approach. I am creating a magus who wants to be acknowledged as the greatest Hermetic healer ever, and part of that would be by training an apprentice or two who would themselves be great healers. So he would be a master among masters. My character isn't interested in being the greatest healer, though. So I've mostly left out Hermetic Virtues, figuring the parens will teach what would make the best healer and then my character will try to take that training in a different direction.

On the training end, I expect we'd want to have a Latin/Artes Liberales instructor at the covenant. Why waste the parens' time?

on Taurus- necessary condition needs to be an action not a situation. Simply having your feet on the ground is not an action. Stomping your feet would be (suggested because it seems rather bull like)
age and warping wise I currently have your apprenticeship having started at age 7 giving you 104 points in magical warping, for a score of 5(29) instead of 5(25)

I think darkwing just accidentally wrote the wrong one. I think darkwing meant Restriction, also a Major Hermetic Flaw.

That would make sense. Directly mean no road pavings, floors, or shoes in the way, to be clear.

I've posted my magus character, Ouragan of Flambeau to the wiki.
Comments welcome.
I'll work on aging Ouragan five years to bring him to 1100, and then work on the apprentice concept.

Based on points in abilities and arts I'm coming up with an age for Ouragan of 25 2/3 instead of 27... he has another 20 points to spend...

I'm assuming Camilla isn't finished yet, as she comes to age 11 1/3 based on experience and is listed as being 13.

I'm quoting the example given from HoH;MC page 30. See the paragraph at the top of the second column, including the sentence

"Common Ordeals include a Deficient Technique (a serpent epitome might find Creo magics particularly difficult), a Necessary Condition (a bull chimera might need to be touching the ground), a Restriction (a choleric anima might not be able to use magic when at sea), or a Greater Malediction (burned by sunlight, silver becomes poisonous, and so forth)."

I can't get any more canon than following the example given for a bull heartbeast in the rules for the mystery I'm using.

Looks like we've caught one for the errata, and a really old one at that.

Huh, 32 sounds right. Changed it. Although I didn't double check your math. His warping is at 24 points so a score of 2 (9). I missed that somehow too. Subtle magic is now named properly.

Pretty sure Anna is 9 though. I did miss a specialization for Etiquette so maybe you missed that one? Still need to do spells.

I also did this. Although the teaching total is really high so most or all of them could be passed on without too much trouble. Of course, that means a season of not learning arts and abilities, which isn't a big deal unless the parens is trying to have Anna pump out as many books as possible.

No, not finished.

Are you sure that isn't 12 1/3? I have a note right there after the Abilities that there are 10 more points to spend. I keep getting 45+110 spent, and 45+120 would be 5+8=13 years. One of us is adding/multiplying incorrectly.

I get 140 points in abilities. 45 are up to age 5, 15 pts/yr after, so 95=6 years at 15 pts a year plus 5 points. 5+6=11
Now if you want to spend 10 more and go with age 12, that would be fine.

It would appear Aurthor has a somewhat melodramatic understanding of mistaken identity from his background- mistaken identity means someone who looks like you and you might have trouble and misunderstandings from what they have done, not an evil twin who seeks to be your undoing. That might be the case if you also had an enemies flaw...

Maybe I shouldn't be arguing against having more points than I think I should, but here are the costs and total expenditures (cost first, then total up to there):

05 005 Area Lore: Europe 1
05 010 Athletics 1
05 015 Awareness 1
15 030 Bargain 2
05 035 Brawl 1
15 050 Charm 2
50 100 Concentration 4
05 105 Etiquette 1
15 120 Faerie Lore 2
15 135 Folk Ken 2
05 140 Guile 1
05 145 Intrigue 1
05 150 Stealth 1
05 155 Swim 1

I'm still getting 15 more than you are.

I apparently didn't have folk ken on my spreadsheet version
so you are correct.

I adjusted a few things and should be done with the apprentice now. I think I managed to merge some things better, specifying the type of faeries with Faerie Upbringing and combining that with the original bargain, the native language, and at least one other Flaw.

I'm trying to understand the cult legacy flaw- first is this the same as Cabal legacy or is it from a different book? Second, how do you have this prior to being opened in your arts?
I'm getting 10 points over at this point- I believe you added 10 pts, forgot to remove the note, then added another 10 points...

Typo. I meant Cabal Legacy.

To the second point, I haven't listed some before/after maturing things. I should strike that through along with a Virtue. Or I could just drop it.

Yes, you're right. I'll lower Folk Ken to 1.

I'd suggest erasing them, since you won't have control of your apprenticeship and how things will develop- that will be decided by the person playing your parens...