Character Design

Clio is the Muse of History.

I should have been able to find that one

Self-designed spell idea (plan to replace Pit of the Gaping Earth with this, because it makes more sense for Ankoydes to have this one.

The Hole of a Winter's Respite
(PeTe 15)
R: Touch, D: Momentary, T: Part.

This spell creates a small cave in dirt or stone, up to 10 cubic paces (or expands an existing one by the same volume), large enough for Ankoydes to sleep comfortably.

(Base 3, +1 Touch, +1 Part, +1 stone, +1 size)

Ankoydes has the Twilight Prone Flaw. How do we want to figure how many Warping Points he has? Roll a d10 every year, and if it comes up 0, he's gone into Twilight or something?

So, rereading this, and I think I spoke too quickly without reading the flaw. It does require equal periods of time. So, it's not good enough.
However, there is the flaw Astrological Cyclic Magic from TMRE, and I think that can be used in this case. There are astrological seasons, indeed they begin on the solstices and equinoxes. The penalties are more severe, but for a shorter interval. You would have a -6 during the winter season. If you want it to be really astrological you could call it seasons which start in the sign of earth. The Winter solstice marks the start of Capricorn, an earth sign.

The other option, which is potentially even more severe, but your circumstance is not quite "uncommon" is deleterious circumstances.

I'm working on a Flambeau of the School of Sebastian with an mMF in Wind. I would like to have a folding fan for a talisman, but it isn't exactly in period, in fact it's about 400 years too early if my googling is authoritative in the matter. When it is folded, I wonder if it might not have a shape to act as a wand, and consequently lose the bonus of the fan with respect to SM bonuses. I'd be willing to go so far as to say if an effect were cast with it as a fan, and would have failed if it were cast as a wand, that the effect ends. Note it may not even be attuned as a wand by the beginning of play. It's just something kind of neat I thought of, and folded fans can look somewhat wand like.

I'm presuming the answer is no to pretty much all of the above, but it never hurts to ask.

Pending the sorting out of the talisman issue above here is Anemone.
A flighty Flambeau with ambitons of winning the Dimicatio some day. She is attempting to merge the schools of Apromore, Sebastian and Vilano into her own unique style. She internalized the teachings of Apromor as a means towards self defense based on an innate and preternatural understanding of Perdo, almost specifically applied to the Form of vim. She was trained in the School of Sebastian to harness the power of wind, but wind is a fickle tool, through hard work she developed a means to control the forces of wind, not always by attacking directly with it, but to use the wind to throw things and so developed techniques giving her an affinity for Finesse. Her natural hard work and diligent focus on her magics has given her Flawless Magic.

I'm still playing with the virtues and flaws a bit, so she's a work in progress. I have Mercurian as a minor, I might drop it as it makes little sense to this concept now. If I do, I'll probably pick up Fast Caster. I'm torn between Indiscreet, Envied Beauty and Difficult Underlings for her story flaw. Comments welcome.

Anemone
Characteristics: Int +3, Per +1, Pre +2, Com 0, Str -4, Sta +2, Dex -3, Qik +3
Size: 0
Age: 41 (36), Height: 5'6'', Weight: 158 lbs, Gender: Female
Decrepitude: 0
Warping Score: 1 (¼)
Confidence: 1 (3)
Virtues and Flaws: The Gift, Hermetic Magus, Puissant Perdo*, Affinity with Auram, Affinity with Perdo, Affinity with Finesse, Puissant Finesse, Mystical Choreography (Ceremonies: only 5 minutes per magnitude), Flawless Magic (Study Totals: Doubled for spell mastery), Mercurian Magic, Minor Magical Focus (wind), Seeker, Optimistic, Indiscreet, Deficient Form (Mentem), Flawed Parma Magica (Mentem), Poor Strength × 1
Combat:
Dodge: Init: +3, Attack --, Defense +3, Damage --
Fist: Init: +3, Attack -3, Defense +3, Damage -4
Kick: Init: +2, Attack -3, Defense +2, Damage -1
Soak: +2
Fatigue levels: OK, 0, -1, -3, -5, Unconscious
Wound Penalties: -1 (1-5), -3 (6-10), -5 (11-15), Incapacitated (16-20), Dead (21+)
Abilities: Greek 5, Latin 5 (hermetic usage), Awareness 2 (determining effect), Artes Liberales 2 (cermonial magic), Philosophiae 2 (ritual magic), Magic Theory 6, Parma Magica 4 (Ignem), Concentration 2 (spell concentration), Finesse 5+2 (targeting), Area Lore: Theban Tribunal 1 (personalities), Area Lore: Lake Ohrid 1 (geography), Charm 2 (covenfolk), Folk Ken 2 (covenfolk)
Arts: Cr 11, In 5, Mu 5, Pe 12+3, Re 8, An 4, Aq 3, Au 9, Co 12, He 5, Ig 5, Im 15, Me 1, Te 4, Vi 8
Equipment:
Encumbrance: 0 (0)
Spells Known:
Wizard's Communion (MuVi) +16, Mastery 1
Quiet the Raging Winds (PeAu 20) +36, Mastery 1 (fast casting)
The Unseen Porter (ReTe 10) +15, Mastery 1 (imperturbable casting)
Jupiter's Resounding Blow (CrAu 10) +23, Mastery 1 (multiple casting)
Maintaining the Demanding Spell (ReVi 20) +19, Mastery 1 (adaptive casting)
Unravelling the Fabric of Corpus (PeVi 10) +26, Mastery 1 (fast casting)
Unravelling the Fabric of Herbam (PeVi 10) +26, Mastery 1 (fast casting)
Unravelling the Fabric of Auram (PeVi 10) +26, Mastery 1 (fast casting)
Unravelling the Fabric of Ignem (PeVi 10) +26, Mastery 1 (fast casting)
The Chirurgeon's Healing Touch (CrCo 20) +31, Mastery 1 (stalwart casting)
Bind Wound (CrCo 10) +26, Mastery 1 (penetration)
Unravelling the Fabric of Corpus (PeVi 25) +26, Mastery 1 (fast casting)
Unravelling the Fabric of Ignem (PeVi 25) +26, Mastery 1 (fast casting)
Demon's Eternal Oblivion (PeVi 10) +26, Mastery 1 (multiple casting)
Fairy'sEternal Oblivion (PeVi 10) +26, Mastery 1 (acute sense)
Unravelling the Fabric of Auram (PeVi 25) +26, Mastery 1 (fast casting)
Dragon's Eternal Oblivion (PeVi 10) +26, Mastery 1 (multiple casting)
Unravelling the Fabric of Terram (PeVi 10) +26, Mastery 1 (fast casting)
Chamber of Summer Breezes (CrAu(Ig) 10) +24, Mastery 1 (still casting)
Unravelling the Fabric of Ignem (PeVi 35) +26, Mastery 1 (fast casting)
Catapult of the Mighty Winds (Cr(Re)Au 30) +28, Mastery 1 (precise casting)
Chamber of Spring Breezes (CrAu 5) +32, Mastery 1 (still casting)
Broom of the Winds (CrAu 15) +32, Mastery 1 (imperturbable casting)
Pull of the Skybound Winds (CrAu 30) +32, Mastery 1 (multiple casting)

I plugged her into my mc, and I get a few oddities:

• I get 12 Virtues and 10 Flaws.
  • I get 1250 experience points. Even if I drop her Apprentice Age to 5, that's still something like 215 points to many.
  • On the Catapult of the Mighty Winds, it shows not enough points to get. Re 8 + Au 9 + Int 3 + MT 6 + 3 = 29.
  • Is there a difference between Chamber of Spring Breezes and Chamber of Summer Breezes? Aside from the smell, maybe?

Mercurian is a minor, drops to 1 from three, which makes her at 10.

I have 1255, she learned spells as lab work for about 3 years, also did her LR during that time. She didn't take XP during those years.

mMF makes it 37, and the Aura was defined as +4, instead of +3 per RAW

Summer breeze is warmer.

Hi All
I got back from America today and will start trying to catch up as my Jet Lag clears

That seems a reasonable solution

I don't have a problem with that. An effect with the enchanted using the Fan bonuses will only work when the Fan is open, one with the wand bonuses only when it is closed. An effect taking advantage of neither of those bonuses will work all the time

Ok, that's cool. I've been on vacation for a few days, so I'm a bit behind on work and also on some of the sagas I'm involved in. I'll get her finished up soon.

So, I revisited Anemone, and noticed that for some reason her Imaginem score was 15. And I have no idea why that is. So, I'm in the process of reconstructing her.
grumble