Character Development

Huh? What? I'm probably years out of date, but what's this?

Scott

There were two issues.

1. We did come to an agreement on the fire, which was to limit it to hearth-sized fires (ind, +5 damage), because they can be reasonable be touched for a very short time whereas bigger fires would immediately cause damage.

2. I will keep the spell Boom Arrow even if it can't be tethered to control when to end the spell because it is a useful way to start and end a fire when traveling and to create a bomb that the mage can detonate. The open question is if a tethered version makes sense or if the mage herself has to end the spell the round after impact.

Here's the bone of contention restated for ease of reference.
Boom Arrow is a touch range spell turning a fire up to hearth size into an arrow that can be shot with the bow. Since it has Moon duration, it would normally turn back when the moon changes. Since the character has harnessed magic, she can end spells earlier by concentrating on them. Since she also has tethered magic, she can pass the control over a spell to persons or objects. The open question is if an arrow controlling a spell can end it on impact. There are good reasons for and against it: Arrows are blind and possess no intelligence, so they can't see or feel, obviously. On the other hand, tethering can pass control of a spell to an object, which to me seems to imply it must give the object some means of making very simple decisions about ther spell according to the circumstances the object is in.

Shortly: Does the spell automatically end on impact (because the arrow ends it) or does the mage have to turn it off, which would be no sooner than the round after shooting the bow (because despite the tethering, the arrow is to dumb to do that by itself).

My 2c boom-arrow Qs: a non-sentient object cannot alter a spell. The active control of the spell is passed across to another entity who must control it, the power does not allow objects to gain extra abilities it does not have; and also does not allow conditional triggers.
So it’s not a valid recipient.

Another question is how fast the caster can cease concentration- as your magus might just be able to end the spell at their choice easily IF it’s ruled that ending the spell is a free action. Not sure.

Boom Arrow:
You know what? Let's simply agree a tethered spell has to be ended by concentration of the caster herself or by another being with sufficient brains to end it. Which obviously does not include arrows (EDIT: or fires, rather).

He would agree with you. Strife Criamon do actually follow apt action most of the time. But sometimes unapt things need to be done so you might as well load it all on someone who is doomed to not escape circular time. He would never tell you he killed someone, that guy would just stop showing up.

That being said, Fury+Magic Addiction means my magus will end up doing a lot of unnecessarily unapt things and then immediately regret them.

This is certainly true for most arrows. What mystery does the Merinita delve into? Using animus to turn all of your arrows into might 1 fairies would be hilarious!

Core book text says, familiars gain experience just as people do (not a quote but close).
Realms of Power: Magic came in later and said, Magic creatures subtract their Might from all study totals.
I think most people called it a specific trumps general and said familiars are the exception because they are familiars and they stop functioning if you apply the rules from RoP:M. Y'all use a different house rule.

RoP:M also introduced transformation rules, where you can use XP to gain more Might based qualities. It also allows you to consume Vis equal to your Might to gain 1d10+aura XP (exempt from the might based XP reduction).
My point on transformation is basically this. Might doesn't matter for Familiars. I don't care about their magic powers and they get my magic resistance. So if you allow transformation rules (from RoP:M) My best course of action is to get the lowest Might familiar I can. Not a problem itself but hold my beer and watch this.

I'm a Magus I can create Vis, getting 3 pawns is pretty trivial (21 lab total). So my Might 5 familiar gets 1d10+(the highest aura I have access too) XP that is going straight into transformations every 5/3rds season. That averages out to usually about 10 XP which is enough to add a new Minor Magical Property. This could be "Gain 50XP" which goes straight into Magic Theory, after two and a half years my familiar has 10 Magic Theory and about a year after that can teach me up to 10 Magic Theory. That is a lot of time investment though. You know what a better use of those 10 XP is? Getting a minor Virtue, Personal Vis Source to pick a random example, it's allowed by RAW and your troupe should kick you right in the jewels if you bring it up, so I'm not going to elaborate.

As an alternative I could spend those 5 vis to enchant my familiar except that would take a lot of time and expertise, you know what would be better? Funneling it down ol'boy's gullet and simply having him develop what every enchantment I want as an innate power, Huzza he can do this completely independent of literally any of my skills. Plus he is my familiar, AKA inherently my best bro, so he can't actually turn on me!

What else might I enchant my familiar with? Increased int, that is a pretty standard bond enchantment, pricey and hard to do though level 35 enchant minimum. Good thing I can just take that Vis or the time it would take to make the enchantment to just have my familiar get the Great Characteristics Virtue and dump all those points into Int!

I picked some extreme examples, especially in that first paragraph. But if you are going to have to SG fiat all the time to say you can't do most of the thing in transformation. Then why not just house rule it out.

Although, If you are cool with the above then I want to reroll a Tytalus with a hardcore battle familiar. Huzza for Minor Magical Focus Vis Extraction!

After 3.5 weeks without posting, I'm finally getting a handle on the Tremere Architect. I've been juggling virtues and flaws and looking and how advancement works in this. So here is how a young Hungarian boy who wanted to be a stonemason ended up a Tremere:

Istvan, pre-Hermetic apprenticeship:
Characteristics: Int +3, Per +2, Pre 0, Com 0, Str 0, Sta +1, Dex 0, Qik 0
Size:0
Decrepitude:0
Warping Score:0(0)
Confidence Score 1(3)
Virtues and Flaws: The Gift; Improved Characteristics Second Sight; Driven (minor), Obsessed (finding new things) (minor)
Personality Traits: Brave +2, Driven (become a great mason) +3, Curious +3
Reputations: None
Combat:Dodging Init 0, attack n/a, defence +3, damage n/a
Soak: +1
Fatigue levels:OK,-1,-3,-5,Unconscious
Wound penalties: -1 (1-5), -3 (6-10), -5 (11-15), Incapacitated (16-20), dead (21+)
Abilities: Magyar 5 (Hungarian accent), Athletics 2 (climbing), Awareness 2 (hearing), Brawl 2 (dodging), Charm 2 (townspeople), Craft: Mason 3 (cathedrals), Folk Ken 2 (detecting lies), Guile 2 (elaborate lies), Second Sight 2 (regio), Stealth 1 (sneak), Survival 2 (plains)

Young Istvan grew up on the plains of Hungary in a small town. Aged ten, his parents apprenticed him to a cathedral stonemason, hoping they would keep the curious child safe. A few mysterious occurrences of blocks of stone moving strangely and the boy not falling as he should (manifestations of rego magic) happened, and he was taken as an apprentice by a Transylvanian Tremere.

Aedificator at gauntlet:
Characteristics: Int +3, Per +2, Pre 0, Com 0, Str 0, Sta +1, Dex 0, Qik 0
Size:0
Decrepitude:0
Warping Score:0(0)
Confidence Score 1(3)
Virtues and Flaws: The Gift; Hermetic Magus; Minor Magical Focus in certamen (free) ; Affinity with Finesse, Affinity with Rego, Cautious Sorcerer, Improved Characteristics, Nyktophylax, Puissant Finesse, Puissant Terram, Second Sight, Skilled Parens, Study Bonus ; Driven (minor), Loose Magic, Mentor, Seeker, Study Requirement, Twilight Prone
Personality Traits: Brave +2, Driven (become a great mason) +3, Seeker +3
Reputations: None
Combat:Dodging Init 0, attack n/a, defence 0, damage n/a
Soak: 0
Fatigue levels:OK,-1,-3,-5,Unconscious
Wound penalties: -1 (1-5), -3 (6-10), -5 (11-15), Incapacitated (16-20), dead (21+)
Abilities: Magyar 5 (Hungarian accent), Artes Liberales 1 (ceremonial magic), Athletics 2 (climbing), Awareness 2 (hearing), Brawl 2 (dodging), Charm 2 (townspeople), Code of Hermes 1 (interfering with mundanes), Concentration 2 (maintaining spells), Craft: Mason 3 (cathedrals), Faerie Lore 1 (Transylvanian fae), Finesse 1(7)+2 (rego craft), Folk Ken 2 (detecting lies), Guile 2 (elaborate lies), Infernal Lore 1 (demons), Intrigue 1 (Tremere plots), Latin 4 (writing), Magic Lore 1 (regiones), Magic Theory 3(terram), Organisation Lore: Order of Hermes 1 (covenants), Parma Magica 1 (mentem), Philosophiae 1 (ceremonial magic), Second Sight 2 (regio), Stealth 1 (sneak), Survival 2 (plains) (148xp spent including 8 on Finesse)
Arts: Cr 5 In 0 Mu 0 Pe 5 Re 12 An 0 Aq 0 Au 0 Co 5 He 0 Ig 0 Im 0 Me 0 Te 10+3 Vi 0 (152xp spent)
Twilight scars: None yet
Equipment: Dark black robes, a quill and parchment, surveying tools.
Spells:
Cloak of the Duck’s Feathers ReAq 5 as per ArM5 p124
Bind Wound CrCo 10 as per ArM5 p129
Gift of the Frog’s Legs ReCo15 as per ArM5 p134
Pit of the Gaping Earth PeTe 15 as per ArM5 p155
Wielding the Invisible Sling ReTe 10 as per ArM5 p155
The Unseen Porter ReTe 10 as per ArM p156
Crest of the Earth Wave ReTe 20 as per ArM p156
The Earth Split Asunder ReTe 30 as per ArM p156
Creeping Chasm ReTe 35 as per ArM p156

His magical powers (and all their drawbacks) have now fully manifested. His obsession/curiosity has changed with age into being a Seeker, an appropriate outlet for such emotions in a Tremere. His desire to become a great mason has taken on a different scope now he has access to Terram magics. He has been taught a little about surviving Transylvania by understanding Tremere plots and the dark fae and infernal creatures that stalk the tribunal. He has had minimal training in Finesse but appears a quick study. His certamen style is the school of Andabatus. He took the name Aedificator in honour of his trade.

It then got clarified by a later erratum in RoP:M (atlas-games.com/arm5/arm5errata.php#AG0288) (which came after we wrote the house rule for the saga):

Note that we have houseruled transformation to take 5 times the normal xp (so 50xp to get a minor quality that gives you 50xp). That doesn't completely eliminate what you're suggesting, but it does limit it. There are also some other minor limitations:

• The change must not conflict with the character's essential nature (this is probably going to be a fairly weak limit in most cases)
  • Enchanting your familiar is more presitigious than vis extraction, even if it's less efficient.
  • Your familiar has the option of using its own magic resistance or your Form bonus, not your entire magic resistance (pg 105). You can extend your Parma over it, but this suffers the usual limitations (e.g. -3 to effective score, only works within line of sight). This makes choosing a very low Might familiar a riskier option.

I'm not claiming these are going to completely prevent the hardcore battle familiar, but they do make the situation less bad than you're presenting, or at least increase the risk of such an approach.

I'd say yes, but only at the 5xp level (as you are doing something else productive with your season).

I thought he was taken on by another master to finish his apprenticeship? I'd have expected him to rectify the Latin deficiency before gauntleting him. I'd also expect Hermetic books in Latvian to be extremely rare - it's not entirely clear whether his master would have had to achieve the minor breakthrough to translate Hermetic language into Latvian that Greek magi have achieved and some Irish magi are going for (that might only be to cast Hermetic spells), but at the least the master will have had to translate them all himself. Besides, Latin is spoken in a lot of covenants - surely it's useful to be able to understand it as an assassin?

High "useful for assassination" abilities make more sense. At the end of the day, though, presumably there was a reason the master was training up Hermetic apprentices to be his assassins rather than random mundanes - why incur their disadvantages (such as the Gift making them look suspicious...) without making use of their strengths?

Low level spells mastered for multi-casting are fine.

Agreed 35 - 40 seems a reasonable point to have access to the third station. However, I would strongly recommend building him to gauntlet, posting him to the forum, getting the basic at-gauntlet character agreed (and/or any changes made), and then advancing him further. Otherwise you're potentially looking at a lot of rework if problems are found.

I wouldn't expect a single teacher to be available more than 2 seasons a year. Other than that, I think it's going to depend on exactly what the Teacher is teaching - a lot of skills are going to be difficult to find at a level above 5, which implicitly limits you to 5 seasons for a professional teacher. There's also the question of how long you can afford to keep paying them - this might be immaterial for basic common skills, but a lot more expensive for rarer skills.

Yes

Edited to add:

Names are usually Sympathetic Connections rather than Arcane ones (with the exception of True Names for certain classes of creature). Whilst it probably is possible to find exceptions, I also tend to think of flaws-with-benefits being mostly minor Story flaws (the personality traits that come with personality flaws can be useful as well under the right circumstances, but at least for a minor flaw it's usually nothing you couldn't replicate with just taking the personality trait at +3).

Okay. Do you want to write up the revised spell description? After that, I think she just needs me to do a final pass over her to check the stats.

This is largely fine. A few minor comments:

• Unless you strongly want it, I'd suggest dropping Nyktophylax. Not only is it a fairly weak virtue, but Gregorius, the other Tremere in the covenant, already has it.
  • I think you actually spent 7 rather than 8 xp on Finesse, which means you're 1xp underspent.
  • You've got 150 levels of spells, rather than 120.
  • For an Architect, you're lacking in spells to actually build things. At the least, I'd suggest Wall of Protecting Stone or (if you can manage the level) A Simple Method of Rapid Vallation (pg 141 of HoH: TL). Exactly to Scale (HoH: TL pg 139) is also a fun little spell. There's also some CrTe rituals in Transforming Mythic Europe. (Basically, I'm just looking at the CrTe spells in the list here: atlas-games.com/pdf_storage/ ... byForm.pdf ). I'm not suggesting you take anywhere close to all of them, but it feels like he should have at least something.

True, but it wasn't really that good of a clarification since it didn't talk about Transformation at all. I think it implies it doesn't work since humans cannot gain experience towards transformation. I was just trying to break it out clearly for him.

That is still being able to study any ability from Vis but it is hardly broken at that point.

Agreed. Mostly would be an issue if you were trying to learn every spell by learning it from your familiar (Faerie Raised Magic).

Is it? Mages are really pragmatic, many are. Writing a book about how you can do this at all would be more prestigious than enchanting your familiar.

Ah, that is the case. Touche. The other benefits would still be there usually.

I still feel like you nerfed it to the point that you should have just said they can't gain transformation XP (other than to replace lost Might maybe). Like, has anyone actually done it yet? I doubt anyone would be mad about their familiars retroactively gaining a few XP. It seems silly to keep going with a rule you know is non-canon and irritating.

Just read this? This is for their pre-bonding stats? You can still boost their human intelligence to the human maximum with magic?

Fair.

Not sure how that would go if they already knew Parma. I would think it was a Join or Die situation at that point so they would just swear him in with a cursory gauntlet like they do with hedges.

Didn't think that would need to be a break through, the implication was his master wither wrote them or had them translated. I was thinking of it more from a control stand point, but at that point it would be better to have them only speak Latin.

1 in Magic Theory is still sensible since bad master wouldn't want them developing spells on their own. It could probably be left that way if someone took his training over since it isn't actually a requirement.

It is very hard to have high of any ability during CC and still be able to learn spells, I was going with more of a 'be able to hit hard and fast' approach Fast cast to disable the arms and mouth, Have enough Parma to resist spells you can't fast cast dispel. Ya he has Stealth and Guile at good NPC levels but nothing crazy. I think I was able to put together a good murder kit with only Creo,Rego,Corpus,Ignem, and Vim. The CrVi spell for taking out mages is a little too difficult.

Of course they are. Just making sure they aren't called into question.

My bookkeeping is very good I have all of his point gains broken out individually. It was mostly a question on weather the starting age was acceptable for the Saga at all.

I was mostly using them for the basic Apprentice package. Finding a teacher for Enigma and House Lore among the Criamon for a few years I expected was fine also, since most Mystagouges teach you House Lore in preparation for initiation. The Level 5 books take you to exactly 5 from 1 so I read a lot of those.

I really have a hard time telling if people are OK with the idea or opposed to it when they comment, lol.

So, changes, Move early game points around into Latin. Post sheet.

[size=200]Old Version see updates on page 111.[/size]

"[size=150]A Magus ex Criamon[/size]
[size=120]Characteristics:[/size]* Intelligence (INT): +1

• Perception (PER): +0
  • Strength (STR): +0
  • Stamina (STA): +2
  • Presence (PRE): +0
  • Communication (COM): +0
  • Dexterity (DEX): +0
  • Quickness (QIK): +2
    [size=120]Arts:[/size]
  • Techniques: [list][*] Creo: 5
  • Intellego: 1
  • Muto: 2
  • Perdo: 2
  • Rego: 5
    [/:m]
    [
    ] Forms: * Animal: 1
  • Aquam: 1
  • Aurum: 1
  • Corpus: 5
  • Herbem: 1
  • Ignum: 5
  • Imaginum: 1
  • Mentum: 1
  • Terram: 1
  • Vim: 3
    [/:m][/list:u][size=120]Abilities:[/size] Artes Liberales: 1 (Arcane Texts)
  • Athletics: 2 i[/i]
  • Awareness: 1 i[/i]
  • Bargain: 1 i[/i]
  • Charm: 2 (Gathering Information)
  • Concentration: 3 i[/i]
  • Finesse: 1 i[/i]
  • Guile: 2 i[/i]
  • Latin: 4 (Arcane Texts)
  • Latvian: 5 (Nursery Rymes)
  • Legerdemain: 2 i[/i]
  • Magic Theory: 2 (Similar Spells)
  • Parma Magica: 2 i[/i]
  • Penetration: 3 i[/i]
  • Stealth: 3 i[/i]
  • Swim: 2 i[/i]
    Virtues: * The Enigma (Minor,Hermetic)
  • The Gift (Special,Hermetic)
  • Flawless Magic (Major,Hermetic)
  • Affinity With Penetration (Minor,General)
  • Affinity With Rego (Minor,Hermetic)
  • Mastered Spells (Minor,Hermetic)
  • Independant Study (Minor,General)
  • Minor Magical Focus (Dispelling) (Minor,Hermetic)
  • Fast Caster (Minor,Hermetic)
  • Lightning Reflexes (Minor,General)

Flaws: * Magic Addiction (Major,Hermetic)

• Infamous Master (Minor,Hermetic)
  • Lesser Malediction (Minor,Supernatural)
  • Fury (Major,Story)
  • Humble (Minor,Personality)
  • Lecherous (Major or Minor,Personality)
    "

And a blob of unformatted spells
Wither Assailant (Target loses control of one of their arms) 5
Lesser Pilum of Fire (B5 [+10 Damage],V,I,M) 15
Curse of the Unruly Tongue 5
Endurance of the Berserkers (Dia variant) 15
Blink Stride (50 pace personal Teleport) 15
Bind Wounds 10
Purification of the Festering wound 15
Lamp Without Flame 10
Unraveling the Fabric of Corpus 10
Opening the Intangible Tunnel 10
Circular Ward Against Magic 10

Flawless magic so each one has a mastery and I have 50 (really 100?) points to go towards additional masteries from the Virtue.

Not entirely happy with the mastered spells virtue, the Grey Man virtue y'all posted is actually looking kind of appealing but then I would swap my malediction for something silly.

Since the other Criamon has also become a Flawless Magic character with an extra 20 years of experience, I'm tossing Albus. I'll come up with something else.

You were here first and I imagine it is a lot more work for you to redo your character than it is for me to redo mine. It's your prerogative either way I suppose.

I thought I had kept up with errata, but apparently I never checked for some of the later books...

I'm not sure I'd be completely happy with allowing familiars both to have innate powers and to learn as humans, because in that case, players will be tempted to have them studying constantly, and that just does not feel mythic. That being said, the erratum Salutor cited would open up a very intriguing story line for the Kitten.

Yeah, the transformation rule is very obviously broken in exactly the way you describe, Sir Swindle. Under our rule, there will certainly be cases where the doing something one way or the other is more efficient, but, IIRC, on average the x5 multiplier works out about the same as alternative methods.

Scott

To put it another way: if it seems plausible, it's a lot more acceptable than if it seems like an obvious attempt to minmax.

Scott

OK, I entirely missed the Latvian thing until now.

That's a coincidence:

scholar.google.com/citations?hl ... XgdD8AAAAJ

Scott

That's why I always just assumed familiars worked like people and other magic creatures worked like in the MoP:M book. A Freestanding Magic creature is a lot more worried about their safety at the hand of a mage and doesn't have a handy Vis dispenser. What do your guy's familiars do most seasons?

Of course, but in my experience so far with ArM5 none of the players have ever gotten a teacher that wasn't just one of the grogs.

Well balls...

[size=150]Philippa filia Maximus Mutantus, at gauntlet [/size]

Boom Arrow modified, learning total for most difficult spell calculated

Characteristics: Int +2, Per 0, Pre 1, Com -1, Str +2, Sta +2, Dex +2 Qik +1
Size: -1
Decreptitude: 0
Warping Score: 0
Confidence: 1(3)
Virtues and Flaws: The Gift; Hermetic Magus; Affinity with Muto, Cautious bows, Improved characteristics (2x), Inventive genius, Mutantum Magic, Puissant bows, *Puissant Muto (House Virtue), Skilled parens, Subtle magic, Venus blessing; Rigid Magic, Short-Ranged Magic; Driven (minor): Become a Bowmaid of Legendary Repute, Continence, Mentor (Maximus Mutantus), Small Frame
Reputations:
Personality Traits: brave+2, competitive (bows) +2, Loyal +2
Combat:
Brawl (dagger): Init +1, Attack +8, Defense +3, Damage +5
Horse Bow: Init -1, Attack +15, Defense +7, Damage +9, Range: 15
Soak: +2
Fatigue Levels (human shape): 0, -1, -3, -5, Unconscious
Wound Penalties (human shape): -1 (1-4), -3 (5-8), -5 (9-12), Incapacitated (13-16), Dead (17+)
Abilities: Area Lore Western Anatolia (Geography) 1, Artes Liberales (alphabets) 1, Athletics (running) 1, Awareness (alertness) 1, Bargain (magi) 1, Bows (Horse Bow) 3+2, Brawl (dagger) 1, Charm (magi) 1, Code of Hermes (Theban tribunal) 1, Concentration (spells) 1, Craft: Bowmaking (Fletching) 1, Etiquette (magi) 1, Folk Ken (Magi) 1, Guile (magic) 1, Latin (Hermetic) 4, Magic Theory (Muto) 3, Order if Hermes Lore (Theban Tribunal) 2, Romaic Greek (reading) 5, Parma Magica (Animal) 1, Ride (ponies) 2, Scribe (diligent) 1, Survival (Plains) 1, Swim (river) 1
Arts: Cr 0, In 0, Mu 15+3, Pe 0, Re 0, An 5, Aq 0, Au 0, Co 5, He 5, Ig 4, Im 0, Me 0, Te 5, Vi 0
Twilight Scars: none yet
Equipment: Superior Horse Bow, quiver with arrows, dagger, wizardly robes
Encumbrance: 0
Spells known: explained below
Pony from dust MuTe(An)25/+25 H
Doublet of Impenetrable Silk MuAn15/+25
Personal Aura of Ennobled Presence MuIm10/+20
Disguise of the Transformed Image MuIm15/+20 H
Every girl wants to be a Swan MuCo(An,He,Te)35/+25 HT [learning total: Mu 18+Co/An 5+ Aura 3 + Int 2+ MT (muto) 4+Inventive genius 3=+35]
The Voice of the Bjornaer Magus MuAn15/+20
Arrow – Boom MuIg(An,He,Te)30/+24 H
Scales of the Magical Weight InVi5/+2

Vis: currently none
Appearance: Philippa is small and doesn’t look exceptional with her brown hair and brown eyes. But there is a bounce to her step and an innocent sway to her hip that men like and women don’t.
Voting sigil: An arrow with a bodkin tip. A closer examination reveals that the stuff on the tip is dragon-blood.
Spell sigil: elegance

Early Childhood (years 1-5)
Philippa’s mother was a redcap (vis banker) stationed at Alexandria, near Smyrna. Her grandfather is a mutantum mage in Rohrschach ()Alps). She grew up around magi and redcaps and was lucky to have her Gift discovered when she was still a baby.
45xp+language: Area Lore Western Anatolia (Geography) 1, Athletics 1, Awareness 1, Brawl 1, Charm 1, Folk Ken 1, Guile 1, Survival 1, Swim 1, Romaic Greek 5

Childhood (years 6+7):
As she got older, she got a pony immune to the Gift from her grandfather, which gave her childish ideas of becoming an amazon. Since she wasn’t allowed to learn how to shoot a bow yet, she instead slunk around the bowmaker’s workshop. Although she disliked it, she was also made to sit in on her mother’s deals with mages.
30xp: Bargain 1, Etiquette 1, Ride 2, Craft: Bowmaking 1

Apprenticeship (years 8 to 22)
Her grandfather Maximus Mutantus took her to Rohrschach (Alps) as soon as she turned 7 to apprentice her. A warm-hearted, friendly man, he took a very personal interest in her growth. Maybe, he was even too kind, because an accident in her second year made it difficult for her to use vis and to use magic at a distance.
150xp: Artes Liberales 1, Bows 3+2, Code of Hermes 1, Concentration 1, Latin 4, MT 3, OOHL 2, Parma 1, Scribe 1
150xp: Arts: Mu 15+3, Co 5 An 5, He 5, Te 5, Ig 4
150 lvls of spells (T=Tethered, H=Harnessed):

Pony from dust MuTe(An)25/+25 H
Maximus Mutantus invented this spell for his granddaughter to learn when her old pony died. Since her sigil is elegance, it is a very good-looking pony indeed. Like all spell-created horses, it is immune to the Gift. Since they are both mutants, he used a harnessed spell, so the pony can be dissolved at an appropriate time. (Base 5, +1 Touch, +3 Moon)

Doublet of Impenetrable Silk MuAn15/+25
Personal Aura of Ennobled Presence MuIm10/+20
Disguise of the Transformed Image MuIm15/+20 H
Every girl wants to be a Swan MuCo(An,He,Te)35/+25 HT (see HoH:TL, p. 102, Shape of the Ancient Kite - Sun duration)
The Voice of the Bjornaer Magus MuAn15/+20 (from HoH:MC, p. 36)

Arrow –Boom MuIg(An,He,Te)30/+24 H
Turns a Fire no bigger or hotter than a hearth fire that is touched into an arrow (before it can burn the caster). This spell has three uses: It can quickly extinguish fires. It can be given to someone to start an instant fire (e.g. a traveling redcap). It can also be shot at a target or hidden somewhere. The maga can turn the arrow back into a normal fire by spending a round to concentrate on the spell (Base 10; +3 Moon, +1 Touch)

Scales of the Magical Weight InVi5/+2