Character Sheets

While at the same time Viviane would offer counselling and conversion to Christianity and Veronique would probably try to capitalise on the situation... :smiling_imp:

Haha, yeah I can see the Flambeau trying something and Amaury sighing deeply at the inhumanity of it all before casually unravelling any Creo Ignem spells he tries to cast.

It's fun, fun - all fun :open_mouth:

Oh yeah, the first one of you to start singing "When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's Amaury!" gets a, well, he'll be a bit cross and might frown rather sternly at you!

Does anyone mind if I make a slight change to my character. It's simply dropping the point in Brawl and putting it into House Criamon Lore instead? I didn't realise that I needed points in that to start down the Path.

I have no objections. Then again, I'm opposed to public display of private character info anyways :wink:.

Sigh...I really should not be so impatient and quadruple check everything about my character before posting it.

Much as I love the Malignant Magus flaw the description clearly states that it comes from a Twilight Experience. To be consistent I should really take some Warping points then. Given that I have also taken the Twilight Prone flaw this would make things quite tricky for my magus at the start.

Not only that but it's a story flaw and so it Supernatural Nuisance!

GRRR...these virtue/flaw limitations are well...limiting. Anyway, it would appear I will to have remove Malignant Magus for something else. I shall repost my character with the corrections.

Sorry!

Sigh...I really should not be so impatient and quadruple check everything about my character before posting it.

Much as I love the Malignant Magus flaw the description clearly states that it comes from a Twilight Experience. To be consistent I should really take some Warping points then. Given that I have also taken the Twilight Prone flaw this would make things quite tricky for my magus at the start.

Not only that but it's a story flaw and so it Supernatural Nuisance!

GRRR...these virtue/flaw limitations are well...limiting. Anyway, it would appear I will to have remove Malignant Magus for something else. I shall repost my character with the corrections.

Sorry!

Grrr...double post too!

Well, not only all that but I had THREE personality flaws. How did this slip by Quality Control?? I shall have to fire the manager (i.e. BoXer) :wink:

Anyway, here's the revised version of Amaury all 100% legal and correct (I hope!!)

Name: Amaury al Maganza ex Criamon

Appearance: Amaury is shorter-than-average and thin almost to the point of emaciation. He has light brown skin, black hair and piercing blue eyes. He dresses in simple brown robes and sandals

History: Amaury grew up in a covenant in northern Iberia. His father was a diplomat/spy in the service of the Spanish government. He had a brief affair with a Moorish woman and, when the woman fell pregnant, his father fled the country to avoid the shame, eventually dying of typhoid having never met his son.

At school, Amaury was was teased incessantly about his Moorish heritage but has come to appreciate and understand these proud and noble people. From a very young age it was obvious something was different with Amaury. When the family cat was fatally wounded by a rabid dog, Amaury was left alone with it so that he could mourn. Within moments the cat came bounding out of the house, fully recovered. At the age of 7, Amaury's mother died suddenly and Amaury went to live in the local orphanage. However, word of the child with strange powers soon reached the ears of a local Elder Criamon and he took Amaury as an apprentice.

At first Amaury was scared of the strange tattooed men who wandered the halls. However, his skill with healing and his almost preternatual ability to instictively understand the nature of magic soon drew the attention of the Mystagogues of "The Path of Walking Backwards" and their beliefs and philosophies resonated strongly with him and he soon became an exemplary student. He has since dedicated his life to their cause. He is driven by the need to understand the very nature of magic and the human spirit as he believes it is this that will provide the answer to The Enigma. He speaks softly but eloquently and seems to radiate an inner peace.

Tagline: "Only through creation can we achieve true harmony"

Characteristics: Int +3, Per +1, Pre -1, Com -1, Str -1, Sta +2, Dex +2, Qui -2

Size - Human: 0
Decrepitude: 0
Warping Score: 0 (0)

Personality Traits: Inquisitive +2,Calm +1,Helpful +1

Flaws: Compassionate, Noncombatant, Supernatural Nuisance, Twilight Prone, Motion Sickness, Susceptibility to Infernal Power

Virtues: Affinity with Creo, Affinity with Intellego, Free Study , Ghostly Warder , Puissant Art (Creo), Second Sight , Skilled Parens, Minor Magical Focus (healing), The Enigma, The Gift, Hermetic Magus

Abilities

Artes Liberales 1 (Ritual Magic)
Awareness 1 (Body language)
Charm 1 (Empathic)
Concentration 2 (Spells)
Enigmatic Wisdom 2 (Understanding spirits)
Finesse 1 (Corpus)
Folk Ken 1 (Magi)
House Criamon Lore (Mysteries)
Latin 4 (Hermetic use)
Magic Lore 3 (Spirits)
Magic Theory 5 (Vim)
Penetration 1 (Vim)
Parma Magica 1 (Vim)
Philosophaie 1 (Ritual Magic)
Second Sight 3 (Spirits)
Spanish 5 (Expansive Vocabulary)

Arts: Cr 11(+3), In 8, Pe 3, Re 5, Co 7, Me 7, Vi 10

Spells

Purification Of The Festering Wounds +32 (Cr/Co 20)
Bind Wound +32 (Cr/Co 10)
The Chirurgueon's Healing Touch +32 (Cr/Co 20)
Whispers Through The Black Gate +26 (In/Co 15)
Unravel the Fabric of (Mentem) +25 (Pe/Vi 10)
Unravel the Fabric of (Imaginem) +25 (Pe/Vi 10)
Sense Of The Lingering Magics +30 (In/Vi 30)
Ring Of Warding Against Spirits +20 (Re/Me 10)
The Call To Slumber +20 (Re/Me 10)
Gift Of The Frog's Legs +23 (Re/Co 15)

Equipment: Wizard's Robes, a plain wooden staff

Ghostly Warder

Name: Juan-Carlos Vazquez (Amaury's father)
Size: 0
Magic Might: 10 (Mentem)

Characteristics: Int + 1, Per + 2, Pre + 1, Com 0, Str 0, Sta 0, Dex +1, Qui +1

Description: The Warder often advises Amaury in situations where negotiation is required (i.e. telling him what to say, motivations of other etc). However, he has become a little paranoid since death and has a tendency to see threats where there are none. He is tied to the material plane because of his guilt at abandoning (and never meeting!) his son. He is working off his sins by protecting him in the afterlife. He appears as middle-aged man dressed in a smart black suit.

Personality Traits: Protective + 3, Trusting -2, Loyal +1, Paranoid +3

Abilties

Artes Liberales (politics) - 4
Dominion Lore (after death) - 1
Folk Ken (spies)- 2
Guile (negotiation) - 4
Intrigue (alliances) - 4
Living Language (Spanish) - 5
Magic Lore (ghosts) - 1
Sense Holiness/Unholiness (people) - 4

Powers

Breath of Betrayal: 5 points, Init 0, Mentem. The Warder can cause the breath of someone to "mist up" when they are not telling the truth (as per Frosty Breath Of The Spoken Lie).