Character: Sophie

To be honest I've always thought it was stupid to have any virtues as general as these arts or even ablating be inherently infernal or tainted, just seemed like a lazy balance mechanic by the authors, so I'm fine with any such changes.

Am I right in thinking that this has grown to be Callen's first choice and the Sihr issue is moot? It seems noone objects to Sihr anymore based on the other thread.

There is a difference between a full-blown TC&TC Sahir and a practitioner of Sihr.

TC&TC Sahir is nowhere near Hermetic Power

We don't need to discuss this here, as we are going to play:

Right?

I was trying to discuss it in the off-topic thread, because someone wanted to play one but was prevented via private communication of another player to the SG. Which is really not healthy, imo.

The power level was already set, when Xavi posted the recruitment thread:

So TC&TC Sahir were clearly out from the beginning. No need to block anything by private communication, that was not clearly blocked before.

Why were Sahir clearly out? Where is the cut-off for a hedge tradition? I thought it meant non-Hermetic.

For the precise cut-off you needed to ask Xavi, of course.

If you somehow understood "everything non-Hermetic allowed", that explains why you suggested the TC&TC Sahir. If I imagine all the big non-Hermetics assembling in Triamore, I shudder: that would have been just a character building exercise without any chance to play.

But Amelia's and Xavi's respective Opening Posts for recruitment and sub-forum should have clarified, that really hedge magicians were requested. Asking Xavi directly - perhaps with some explanation of TC&TC p19-61 Order of Suleiman: Naranjs, Sihr, Solomonic Alchemy, Astrology, Physic, Storytelling and Travel - should have further reduced doubts about the expected level.

I am officially smashing any further discussion in this thread about power level.

I will open another thread about this. In general I am not very enthusiastic about people bans on other player's choices. I did veto sahir on an assumption that I just discovered might not be the case. Will read the rules tonight and come back to you.
I will delete all then power level discussions in this thread in brief, since this is Sophia's thread, not the power level discussion thread.

Thanks.

Fine with me! Please go ahead!

Can you change the character name to "Sophie" without the Greek (trying to keep things somewhat the same)?