So I ran some numbers regarding the school, using the expenditure rules from Covenants.
Students that reside at the school 2 seasons per year will need to be charge extra for room and board, including the impact of servants and teamsters. That would be about 0.4 pound per student per season. That means that the actual cost for a year's tuition to the school would be 1 pound -- 0.2 for the teaching and 0.8 for room and board. I based myself on what it would cost to have only students (dependents without wage) living at a covenant.
Now, based on that, here's the summary of the school expenditures:
[list][*]Christophoros (a companion): 3 points of inhabitants + 1 point to consider his above-average living conditions
- 1 Senior teacher (treated as book specialist): 2 points of inhabitants
- 3 Junior teachers (treated as regular specialists): 6 points of inhabitants
- 45 Students (dependents without wage), present only half the year: 22.5 points of inhabitants
- 7 Servants: 7 points of inhabitants
- 4 Teamsters: 4 points of inhabitants
Total 45.5 points
- Buildings: 4.6 pounds
- Consumables: 9.2 pounds
- Provisions: 23 pounds
- Wages: 4.6 pounds
- Writing materials: 1 pound
- Pound of Enumarus: 1 pound
Total 43.4 pounds
- Students' tuition (0.2 pound per student): 9 pounds
- Students' room and board (0.8 pound per student): 36 pounds
Total 45 pounds
So, with 45 students, the school would register a slight profit of 1.6 pound per year, which would slowly pay for the books being advanced by the covenant. As the number of students rises, the school would be able to add more teachers and/or assistants as well as run a slightly larger profit.