Companion Development

What about using the idea of the Corpse-Thief from Grogs (p. 103). He would have the Embitterment supernatural virtue.
The idea is that he was a spiteful man, who honed his Embitterment, but it backfired, and the man he attempted to affect almost killed him, but he appeared dead, and the local priest performed the last rites on him, giving him the Viaticarus flaw. The man he tried to use it on was a good friend of the local Bishop, which still holds a grudge towards him, and it seems that wherever he goes, bad rumors follow him, despite his ability to lay low.

Would you enjoy playing him? That feels like the most important question.

Also what would he do for the covenant that they shelter him?

I would enjoy playing that.

There are a few things such a character can do for the covenant:

1. Use Embitterment to cause rivalries and maybe even drive people to attack others. And it's a supernatural ability, so if a Quesitor comes looking, there's no Sigil to find.
  2. He has Magic Lore, so he knows about Arcane Connections, and with his stealth can go places and get us ACs to people we want.
  3. According to A&A, he can use Apothecary to extend ACs, by one rank, so those who last weeks can last months, and those who last months, last years, and so on. But it can only be done once per AC.
1 Like

Sounds good to me then :slight_smile:

Sounds like a fun concept.

Requesting thread for Aitano, the corpse-thief companion

Will make a thread for Carlo Maludrottu as well.

Thats 3 companions and I shall make one as well. Just gotta settle on one idea. Do we want more or are we fine for now?

I think 1 Companion per player is enough.

1 Like

How old do we want to place the companions? I'm working on Carlo the Muscle :slight_smile: and am looking at abilities. Was thinking about placing him around 22 years old.

That would be 17 years (22 - 5) at 15 xp a year. So 255 xp to spread across the abilities.

Or are we wanting companions who are a little further along? Mid to latter 20s?

I made my one a bit older as he is half Fae, so ages less quickly. I can make him younger of people want. I didn't realise age of companions was a ln issue. My bad!

It really depends on what you want. An older character is more experienced, but is likelier to suffer some aging before we can secure a longevity ritual for him/her.

Eh, he's strong faerie blooded and unaging. He'll hold for a bit