conjuration of the Bound Dagger

I'm still fairly new to this game, so creating spells is a little bit of an effort. I tried to make a spell that creates a dagger in the palm of the casters hand and lasts only a few minutes. A sort of preparation for an attack, and would best if the user had both silent and motionless casting abilities.
Would the range be Personal? I assumed that since it only affects the caster it would be, but I want to make sure.

Also, just for giggles, I made this:

Curse of the E-Z-Bake Oven
CrIg LV25
Range: Touch Duration: Concentration Target: Room

By touching the wall of a room, the caster is able to make the surrounding air begin to heat up steadily until it reaches the intensity of boiling water. All creatures within must make a Stamina Check (+3) after 3 minutes, which increases to (+1) for evey 3 minutes afterward. it is very easy for a creature to succumb to heat storke or die if left within the room long enough. The heat produced does not ignite flammable objects., though it may still melt materials such as wax.
This spell is better used when the caster is outside the room it is cast on.

(Base 4, +1 Touch, +1 Concentration, +3 Room)

I believe it would be "touch". Personal to turn your hand into a dagger, touch to affect the so to be dagger. Your mileage may vary, check with your Storyteller.

The range is the distance between you and the target. With Creo effects that actually create/conjure something, the thing being created is the target.

And one thing to note, as a thing of magic, the blade can be resisted by both Might resistance and Parma Magica, rendering it effectively useless in combat. So if the knife is going to be used against enemies likely to have such defenses the caster should be prepared.

Conjuration of the Bound Dagger
Creo Terram 15
Creates an iron dagger in the caster's palm. The design of the blade is determined by the caster at the time of casting. The position and attitude of the knife is also determined when the spell is cast. This allows for both a dagger created in the fist, a delicately held knife, or a throwing blade held between finger and thumb.
(base 5, +1 Touch, +1 Diameter)

The Silent Conjuration of the Bound Dagger
Creo Terram 30
The effects are as the similar spell above. This variant has been designed such that casting requires no gestures or vocal element. This raises the overall spell level, which has a detrimental effect on the spell's penetration.
(base 5, +1 Touch, +1 Diameter, +2 for no words, +1 for no gestures)

why not just cast the original Conjuration silently and without gestures? Then it's just a level 15 spell cast at -15 to casting score. (-5 no gestures, -10 no words), and you only need learn one easy-to-learn level 15 spell, rather than 2 spells!

For that matter, I am not aware of any standardized formula making a spell which is naturally free of gestures or words... (aside from the pointlessness)

There are many examples of this. First off in the description of designing Mythic Blood powers, but mostly in the Spells chapter. Kiss of Death for example.

Wonderful, thank you all for helping me correct that spell.

Oh, granted. I thought that myself but added the "silent and deadly" version for completeness. There may be some use with regard to mastery or somesuch. I can't think of any, mind.

And I used the Black Whisper spell for inspiration (ArM5, page 151) for the "no gestures" business.

Umm... more difficult to PeVi dispel could conceivably be considered a plus. Wouldn't make it resist PeTe any better, so even that's doubtful.

About your Easy Bake oven thing... (funny!) It's target "touch" but the caster should probably be outside the room at the time. I suppose he could cast it and then walk out but it's concentration level. I'd add extra botch dice for that.

According to ArM5, you can cast a spell with Room Target by touching an exterior wall of the room in question. So you can be outside the room the whole time.

lol
I though no one noticed my Curse of the E-Z Bake Oven.