These are my proposed contributions from Carmen & Vulvanus written up formally.
- Spring 1234: Attend Leadership class (13xp)
- Summer 1234: Invent ritual spell from scratch; CrAq20r Fountain of Sweet Waters; Touch/Mom/Ind; Creates a bubbling spring of sweet water that pools into a small pond. The water is cool, refreshing, and exceptionally tasty; (base 4, +1 Touch, +1 sweet water, +1 size, +1 just to be sure and a ritual is a minimum level of 20 anyway); LT = 44 (Aura 5, Lab +6 ([sub]GQ +1, Spells +4, Creo +1[/sub]), Int +4, Magic Theory 7, Creo 11, Aquam 5, Kesara +6
- Fall 1234: Invent ritual spell from scratch, CrAu30r Deluge of Torrential Rains; (Sight/Mom/Boundary); creates a massive thunderstorm that pours over the whole of the land (as defined by geographic boundary or from horizon to horizon). The Ritual nature of the spell means that the Momentary Duration indicates the storm is naturally created in that instant. The amount of rain is determined by Size (ten times as much rain as a normal storm); (base 3, +3 Sight, +3 Boundary, +1 Size); LT = 67 (Aura 5, Lab +10 ([sub]GQ +1, Spells +4, Creo +1, Auram +4[/sub]), Int +4, Magic Theory 7 (Auram), Creo 11, Auram 18, Focus +11
- Winter 1234: Invent ritual spell from Lab Text, ReVi30r Watching Ward; LT = 38 (Aura 5, Lab +5 ([sub]GQ +1, Spells +4[/sub]), Int +4, Magic Theory 7 (Auram), Rego 9, Vim 8).
Atthe end of Winter, she casts Watching Ward five times. Four times it is placed on a staff, each ward holding CrAq20r Fountain of Sweet Water. The simple condition trigerring each one is a number of taps followed by a secret word (each ward has a nubmer 1 to 4 taps and a different word). The fifth Watching Ward hold a copy of CrAu30r Deluge of Torrential Rains, placed on a small glass vial and triggered by shattering that vial. This is a pretty steep price to pay; 58 pawns of vis in total.
Vulcanus spends all four seasons working on a single item, his Hurbris driving him to create a masterpiece.
A brief review of the scores as they shall be applied...
Lab: GQ +4, Items +2, Creo +1, Rego +1, Terram +2, (Warping +1)
Assistance: Egon the Familiar (Int +2, Magic Theory 4 (Terram)
Vulcanus: Int +5, Magic Theory 6 (Terram), Inventive Genius +3/+6, Craft-Blacksmith 5 (armor), Philosophiae 5 (Iberian Script)
Max F&Ebonus & Philosophiae bonus: +6/+5 (Terram/Iberian Script)
Max Vis: 30 pawns
Arts used: Creo 7, Terram 17, Herbam 6
Runes used: Terram +17
- Spring 1234: Forge Item and Open it for enchantment, inscribing it with Iberian Script for Creo & Terram; 30 pawns of space gained with 25 pawns of Vim; Warping Check url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4472101/[/url].
- Summer 1234: Invest CrTe48 Vulcanus' Instant Fortress from Scratch using Experimentation (no risk factor, LT = 98, then the experiment roll, result roll, and follow up roll; all at once = (1d10=1, 1d10=5, 1d10=5); adjusted LT 99, Side Effect result is a minor side effect (the land wherever the fort stood is discolored); Warping check url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4472190/[/url] (safe)
- Fall 1234: Begin Investing CrTe(He)63 Furnishing the Instant Fortress from Scratch using Experimentation (Risk Factor +3, LT = 88, +3 Risk, simple bonus/result/follow up = (1d10=7, 1d10=10, 1d10=5); LT = 98, 35 completion points; roll twice more on the chart (first follow up is side effect), so side effect follow up, second roll, and follow up = (1d10=5, 1d10=6, 1d10=4); minor side effect, then another. So grass grows all over inside the bunker, and the items created have a rigid uniformity. Warping Check = url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4472211/[/url] (safe)
- Winter 1235: Finish Investing CrTe(He)63 Furnishing the Instant Fortress from Scratch using Experimentation (Risk Factor +3, LT = 88, +3 Risk, simple bonus/result/follow up = (1d10=10, 1d10=7, 1d10=8); LT = 101, 38 completion points for 73 total out of 63 needed, enchantment complete; Discovery, roll twice = (1d10=4, 1d10=6), with the Risk Factor resulting in 7 & 9, 3xp in one of the Arts (Herbam), and enough XP to raise one of the Arts involved one level (Terram)
The Fortress of Vulcanus: Invested Device (OP 30, Used 12)
[tab][/tab]This item takes the form of a chess piece, a rook three inches tall and one inch square at the base, forged from steel and ornately inscribed with arcane designs and Iberian scripts. The piece has a (yet undefined precious gem) embedded in the center, and was opened with 30 pawns of space (requiring only 25 pawns of vis though). These include the Terram Rune, adding five levels to all invested effects but granting a bonus to Terram related Lab Totals enchanting the device.
CrTe48 Vulcanus' Instant Fortress
R: Touch, D: Concentration, T: Individual
[tab][/tab]You place the rook on the ground and hold it there speaking the command words. The fortress takes the form of a bunker that manifests around the wielder of the item and anyone touching him. Those kept outside are not knocked back, but rather, the earth ripples and moves to accommodate the building as it seemingly manifests growing from and into the ground. The bunker is a plain stone building that is roughly square (500 square feet), stands 8 feet tall, with arrow slits surrounding. The heavy door opens into a vestibule with murder holes and a second heavy door to gain entrance. The bunker is set twelve feet into the ground, with a second underground floor a small crawl space cellar. The Item maintains concentration, and it will not end automatically at sunrise/sunset nor if anyone is still inside. Otherwise, it has unlimited use and can be set up or taken don as often as required.
(base 3, +1 Touch, +1 Concentration, +3 size, +1 complexity; +5 levels Terram Rune, +5 levels Item Maintains Concentration, +3 levels Environmental Trigger, +10 levels Unlimited Use)
CrTe(He63) Furnishing the Instant Fortress
R: Touch, D: Concentration, T: Structure
[tab][/tab]Fills the structure with the furnishings and equipment needed to manage a small fort (in the opinion of Vulcanus). This includes a long table and a dozen chairs, arms & armor for a dozen soldiers (longsword, heater shield, mail hauberk), eating utensils and dishes, tools for a small hearth, a brazier, a length of chain, a mallet, some spikes, and trivial items. These things come fresh into existence when the fortress manifests, are maintained as long as the fortress is, and disappear with it when the effect is ended or if removed from the building.
(base 5, +1 Touch, +1 Concentration, +2 Group, +3 Complexity/Requisites/Size; +5 levels Terram Rune, +3 levels Linked Trigger, +5 Levels Item Maintains Concentration, +10 Levels Unlimited Use)