Covenant Building

So far there is a vis income of 3 muto and 1-n Animal.

Isn't that what we have the 200 BP apiece to use to decide? One person has chosen a bunch of summas. I've added a bunch of lab texts, some summas and tractatus, and lots of vis stores - still need to sort out the last few points. See the first page of the thread for those two. There are still a lot of players who haven't spend those 200 points. Looks like I'll also be spending 30 BP of my 75 BP on stuff to be immediate donated to the covenant, too. Some other stuff from the 75 BP may well get donated, too, but these are planned for immediate donation:

10: Q10 Creo tractatus
10: Lab Text (Spell) - Aegis of the Hearth [ReVi50]
5: Lab Text (Spell) - Suppressing the Wizard’s Handiwork [ReVi25]
5: Lab Text (Spell) - Divide the Gathered Essence [ReVi25]

Income sources are Boons; they are not bought with BPs.

Whoops. I was thinking of Vis as income as well.

In Canaries Are Dying, the covenant's income sources were fishing, sheep, and raiding.

My idea was to have the covenant's base income be fishing and sheeping, with a supplemental income from raiding, but its up to y'all. Don't feel bound to what was in the other saga.

Same thing with the vis sources. The only definite source is the Niseag, but even the amount she yields is as yet undecided.

Again, up to y'all. That's what this thread's for. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes. Default is two Typical income sources (£100/yr each). Secondary Income adds an additional income source every time it's taken. Wealth (Minor) increases a Typical income source to Greater (£250/yr), while Wealth (Greater) increases it to Legendary (£1,000/yr)

I'll try to get the Running Total updated tomorrow.

As much as I like books, I think we could do with some vis sources; so I'm going to put 150 of my BPs into vis sources (30 pawns / year). We should have some Animal (Niseag eggs); and I think we should have some Creo (healing spells if nothing else) and some Rego (Aegis); but what else do people thing we should have? I guess I want to divide 30 into about 6 different arts.

The other thing, does anyone have a clue what the covenant expenditures are in a year? I suspect with this many magi we might want a Wealth or Secondary Income boon.

I'm working through the 200 BPs of covenant resources (draft). My current thinking:

• In L14 Q12 [26],

• Im L16 Q13 [29],

• Vi L12 Q15 [27],

• Te L12 Q15 [27],

• 2x Q11 Magic Theory tractatus [22]

• Vis Source - Vim [5]

• ...56 to spend.

I'll go through and add all the character's I've put in my MC onto the Covenant file, but I'm pretty sure we're going need at least one or the other.

Is the Vis source 1 pawn/year (5 pts) or 5 pawns/year (25 pts).

If the former, that would be 136 points, with 64 to go. If the latter, 156 points, with 44 to go.

Are these opals normally Magic or Faerie? (Or Magic, unless I randomly determine that the faerie tried to slip some Faerie vis past us?)

I left it up to you. Scylla warns to check the vis from the Burgh. It was normally intended to be magical but sometimes they may have some fun and put in faerie vis or, if their agreement is not kept, just a glamour. All part of the fun.

Anyone interested in getting the Warped Livestock hook? (RoP:M pg 79)

I have not tabulated everyone else's choices, so tell me if we have something redundant.

The Apprentice's Library
This is a series of books written by a particularly sarcastic and particularly powerful member of House Bonisagus. The various forwards and descriptions describe these as being perfect for apprentices or newly Gauntletted magi who had poor parens.
Magic Theory: A Primer - L8/Q11 Magic Theory
The Basics of Parma - L8/Q11 Parma Magic
How to Control Magic - L8/Q11 Finesse
Your First Look at Vim L20/Q10 Vim
How to Write Neatly L5/Q15 Profession: Scribe
Total B.P. 165

The Font of Purest Water
In the center of a long since abandoned Sanctum is a pristine fountain. Water constantly pours out from a pitcher held by a statue of a woman. The font never overflows and water cannot be withdrawn always slithering back into the font. At each Solstice and Equinox a pawn of Aq vis collects in the water. At each Equinox an additional pawn of Creo vis collects as well. Currently 20 pawns of Aq vis sit in the fountain and 5 pawns of Creo vis remain as well. There is just enough lab equipment around the fountain for a Hermetic Magus to move the vis to another object.
Total B.P. 35

That's okay...I have. :smiley:

The Magic Theory summa is a duplicate.

You mean Tractatus? (I'm not seeing any other MT Summae). No, Ironboundtome paid for two Magic Theory tractatus.

Nope

I can select something else, though. I do see I need to edit to correct the Vim Vis. 3 BP buys another 15 pawns.

Sorry, I didn't see the edits on the post (I don't normally go back and check posts for edits, so it would help me if people would post that they've edited posts, if the edits are relevant).

Don't have to change it if you don't want to, I can see us having two MT summae, especially with as many Inventive Geniuses/Puissant Lab-Rattery we have here now. :smiley:

Sorry. My bad.

We could just make a copy of one of them for our own use. Much cheaper.