I would go for low-medium, but I don't really feel it makes that much difference for a new covenant. We're going for a new covenant, so it should probably be Spring?
The rules make it easy to write high-quality, low-level summae. That said, I don't have a problem with a library with primer-level books with low qualities (Q4 to Q6). Their probably throw-away books for most established covenants, so I agree that we should have them for essentially free. (Or maybe a token 1 build point for each? Except, are we even going to be counting the build points?)
A bunch of tractatus (which are more useful than summae) as well and some mid-level summae (L10-12). It's probably easier to get hold of mundane Abilities books, as these can easily be copied by mundane scribes. Lab texts are usually quite usuful, for spells mostly but some items are also nice.
How many players/magi do we expect for the covenant? We could have each one prepare part of the library, based on each magus' interests.
Ok, I'm going to suggest some stats for the covenant, quick an dirty. That's just a basis for discussion, not anything I want.
If we go for low-medium level (let's say 300-400 build points), we could divide it between:
- 250 library (including lab texts)
- 50-75 vis sources (10-15 pawns/year)
- 25-50 for the rest (money and specialists).
Possible boons and hooks (minor boons/hooks are not identified, major and free ones are identified in parantheses):
- Site Boons: Regio (major or minor), Healthy Feature.
- Site Hooks: Regio (major or minor), Regio With Unexpected Entries (minor), Flickering Aura, Poorly Defensible, Road (major or minor), Weak Aura (x1 or x2).
- Notes: Petronius would also like Mystical Portal (minor boon) or Uncontrolled Mystical Portal (minor hook), but it is not essential. If it is there, it could be in a degraded form such as an unworking or inactive one.
- Fortifications Boons: Manor Hous (free) or Island (free)
- Resources Boons: Right, Secondary Income, Vis Grant
- Resources Hooks: Regional Produce, Vis Salary
- Residents Boons: Hunters and Sailors (free) or Peasants (free), Criminals, Veteran Soldiers.
- Residents Hooks: School (major), Dumping Ground, Fosterage, Refugee.
- External Relations Boons: Powerful Ally (major), Local Ally.
- External Relations Hooks: Hangout, Itinerants, Public Vis Source
- Surroundings Boons: Chase.
- Surroundings Hooks: Fallen Temple, Festival, Ford, Massacre Site, Roman Ruins, Sanctuary, Ungarrisoned Castle.
Let me stress again that those are just a list of the boons/hooks that seemed possible for the covenant while quickly going through the list.