Critique my house rules?

Books not handy. But I believe it's in the core book. If it isn't, then I'm wrong and have just done it this way for so long that I forgot it's not canon.

It is not in the core book.
As Project Redcap summarises, it is not clear how you can change them in-game, and includes two common house rules, one of which matches Ovarwa's.

I was initially tempted to pick this up, but according to the HoH:TL p120 insert, the compensation for the lower power of the Tremere Minor Virtue (and a season of service per year) is Magical aid from the House.

But you're probably not including those aspects, so v substituting a mMF that's more widely useful should be fine

Hi,

Yeah, that almost never works. Losing 1 season/yr is a huge, huge loss in itself, if played as Exposure; I suspect this becomes a source of missions harmonized to the overall campaign in most sagas, similar to a Story Flaw like Mentor. The meager benefits suggested in HoH would not compensate, especially since NPCs and other contacts often provide assistance if it helps the story (and often withhold assistance that might be expected from V/Fs if that would help the story.)

I think an elegant way of working around this kind of thing is for a player who wants to represent deep obligations to House Tremere to take Favors or Mentor or something like that. A player who wants to play a magus of House Tremere with much looser duties simply doesn't take the Story Flaw; his magus might be drafted every now and then without taking a Flaw, similar to the way a faerie might bother some other magus as a one-off thing because that's the Story of the Week. Mentor includes both positive and negative aspects of being a Tremere. But Tormenting Master, Personal Vis Source (House Tremere sends me stuff!), Strong Parens...

Anyway,

Ken