Cruciatus for ArM

Derp! Fixed.

The only mention of ease factors for resisting PeCo I can find is EF 6 for resisting disease, with an increase of +1 Magnitude for each +1 to the Ease Factor.

The analogous PeAn spell, Agony of the Beast, has a Stamina + Size stress roll of 9+ to do anything but "lashing wildly about, upsetting any nearby objects, and howling in great pain." And while PeCo and PeAn aren't exactly identical, most of the guidelines are the same – almost verbatim descriptions for the same level. As the OP, I'm comfortable calling it an Ease Factor 9, based on that. Moreso than resisting poisons from CrAq or resisting disease from PeCo, unless someone can convince me otherwise.

Not quite sure where Christian Anderson got the +1 Magnitude per +3 Ease Factor, but it sounds familiar and about right. And I can see someone inventing a more excruciating version of the spell to make it more painful and thus more difficult to resist.

CrAq box on p. 121, creating poisons.
Same is found for MuAq, p. 123.

Though admittedly PeCo appears to increase more slowly, this looks more like an error. <- Personal opinion!

As Tellus said - Creo Aquam.
But all things aside since Agony of the Beast is already virtually the spell you need save for being a different Form, in hindsight I wouldn't muck it up more than I have to. So just accept the fixed Stm roll. Sure, it does sound like the PeAn 4 guideline is more powerful than the PeCo 4 suggests. But the Co guideline has no roll and lists only "pain" so...perhaps this is what happens if you make said roll? I guess this is just one of the minor discrepancies there are among guidelines.
I think the spell this thread ended up with is allright.