Cygna ex Bjornaer

ufff
If it does wind up being more of a Level 30, that would put it out of Cygna's price bracket.

My reasoning with making it Base 10 instead of Base 20 is that I was seeing it as "control an unnatural emotion...bravery where...usually cowardly" and "imbue all of a person's responses with a particular emotion" as being on the same level as "tell the truth"...truthfulness/honesty being an emotion in this situation. I didn't think it would be as powerful as "control a human being as long as you can see him" (level 15), and I didn't think "tell the truth" qualified as "one complex command" (level 20).

Oh, I hear you. It is, however, much cheaper to be able to discern the truth than force it from someone.

Characteristics: Int +4, Per 0, Str -4, Sta -1, Pre 0, Com +1, Dex 0, Qui +1
Size: -2
Confidence Score: 1(3)
Virtues and Flaws: Status: Hermetic Magus; The Gift; Affinity with Mentem; Animal Ken; Enchanting Music; Ferocity (vs. Eagles); Gentle Gift; Great INT; Heartbeast; Puissant Mentem; Puissant Music; Unbound Tongue (HoH: MC 38); Wilderness Sense. Deficient Ignem; Delusion: is haunted by the shade of Adorjan Versalez; Diabolic Past; Humble; Necessary Condition: Singing (Major); Susceptible to Infernal Power; Wrathful (Major)
Qualities: Accomplished Flier, Timid, Vocal x2 (Sanguine with Phlegmatic Aspect).
Reputations: None

Combat Init Atk Dfn Dam Load Rng
Beak or Claw +2 +1 +5 -6 n/a n/a

Soak: -3

Fatigue Levels: OK, 0/0, -1, -5, Unconscious

Wound Penalties:
-1 (1-5), -3 (6-10), -5 (11-15), Incapacitated (16-20), Dead (21+)

Abilities: Animal Ken (canines) 1; Area Lore: England (old covenant area) 1; Artes Liberales (logic) 1; Athletics(flying) 3; Awareness (sight) 3; Brawl (dodge) 1; Code of Hermes (Wizards March) 1; Concentration (study) 1; Craft: Baking (desserts) 1; Craft: Sewing (mending) 1; Enchanting Music (pacifying) 1; English (native)(covenant) 5; Finesse (Mentem) 1; Folk Ken (magi) 2; Heartbeast (changing to human form) 1; House Bjornaer lore (Clan mysteries) 1; Latin (Hermetic) 4; Magic Lore (Dragons) 1; Magic Theory (inventing spells) 3; Music (singing) 3; Parma Magica (Mentem) 1; Penetration (Mentem) 1; Russian (Novgorodian dialect) 5; Survival (woodland) 1; Swim (long distance) 3; Wilderness Sense (directions) 1

Finally finished (I think). Added the Combat section to the main character sheet, and a post for her Heartbeast form. That was a little tricky, as there isn't a "Swan" listing in the free Mundane Beasts pdf download. Wound up using stats from the 4th ed. The Medieval Bestiary (since attributes are unchanged between editions), using the Swan's Virtues and Flaws from HoH: MC p. 41, and finding stuff with the same Fatigue Levels/Wound Levels and juryrigging those numbers.

Your virtues in swan form (luck, inspirational) differ from those human form. Why?

Because the book (HoH:MC) said that swans have those virtues, and I just added the ones (and flaws, if there were any). If that's no good, I can take them out.

edit n/m, I just realized that the beasts in the sidebar in HoH:MC are Swans of Virtue, not normal swans. Let's see....*rolls over to bookcase to grab Medieval Bestiary. Nope, no virtues. Just the abilities Athletics (flying) 3, Awareness 3, Sing 4, and Swim 3, which I think are all unchanged between editions (except that Singing is now Music (Singing)). I'll fix that.

ok

I'm an idiot.

Tinkering with my new Metacreator, and I realized that I have not only Affinity with Mentem, but Puissant Mentem as well, which means that my Mentem level should be 13, not 10.

Which, I think, might have made a difference in my spell selection. Ah well...just have to remember it for advancement in a bit. kicks self, hard

... :confused:

Welcome to the losers fraternity! :smiley:

I changed it to 10+3 (because it is only lvl 10 for writing books and teaching). Also because it's easier to calculate future xp cost.