Damocles Ex Miscelanea

Weeeell; I mean. Cult Initiations are fun stuff; could experiment around with that and try to make new stuff.

yes, let me know when you are ready for me to check over your character

Ok, added a character sheet at the bottom of Character's page. Added spells and revised virtues and flaws.

I do not consider attachments to be an official sheet, I will go by what is on the page itself.
Heroic personallity us not appropriate because 1) it is too many personality flaws, and 2) it is a heroic trait limited to heroic characters, which are a defined type of mythic companion and cannot be Gifted.

True, Blood of the Heroes, a Special Virtue that marks you as a Mythic Companion does exclude you from having a Gift like all the other Mythic Companions.

However, the Heroic Virtues and Flaws are not exclusive to this Mythic Companion archetype. You can also take Heroic Virtues & Flaws if you fulfill certain criteria. HoH:TL makes a distinction between Blood of the Heroes, a Mythic Companion and “Heroic” characters who fulfil the criteria in some other way.

1. You got Blood of the Heroes (Mythic Companion, standard approach)
  2. You have Legacy story flaw. (Companion or Magus)
  3. You got Mythic Blood. (Magus)
  4. You are a Magic Human (Heroic stuff can be taken as Qualities and Inferiorities)
  5. (Optional) At storyguide’s discretion some other circumstances might Qualify you for Heroic stuff (one suggested approach is Latent Magical Ability).

Since Damocles has Mythic Blood, would you allow Heroic Personality?

Cleared up extra personality trait, added spells to the sheet.

Also I gotta ask. Do you have objections about me having Visions Flaw? It seems like a very flexible flaw that can make stories, but it would mean I’d be having 1 Major and 1 Minor story flaw; don’t know if this saga follows the standard recommendation of a single story flaw per character.

I was not considering the mythic blood because there was also the issue of too many personality traits, but you are correct that that is allowed.
I am fine with visions, but only if it is the only story flaw- personally I think it would work better than plagued by Olympians since I don't see the Greek Gods going around in the Mythic age plaguing everyone of a given bloodline and/or tradition- they plagued Odysseus, not Telemachus.

True enough; I had though maybe Supernatural Nuisance could be more appropriate to represent general Faerie antipathy / hatered for the character; with the Olympians themselves only really taking notice if he does something extremely stupid / good. (think endgame boss appearing too early)?

Ok so; removed Compulsion, added Craving for Travel. I'm hoping I could use the flaw to represent his adventurous spirit and battle-lust rather then desire to see different locations. Same result though; different motivation. How does that sound?

Heroic Personality needs a trait to be associated with; I am thinking Thrill-Seeker 5 or something related to fighting. Blood Knight character archetype is what I am going for here (enjoys combat for combat's sake)

Finally, I added spells to the sheet. Only one I think I should elaborate immediately upon is the " Form of Gigantes the Earth-Born". I took the effects of having a stone body from the Bjornaer chapter; saw that all other elemental shapes have hermetic spells covering them, so I figured this should be possible. What do you think?

first off, "blood knight" really isn't an appropriate tag, being a modern gaming concept rather than tied to anything actually legendary or mythic as I look through the flaw it also does not indicate a need to describe the heroic personality, it states that you may have personality traits up to +/- 5, not that you have to have one specifically for the flaw, whose main component seems to be that the SG can take control of the character at will...
secondly you still have 2 story flaws, where you are allowed 1

Will "Thrill-seeker" work instead? Could be argued to be in the same avenue as reckless bravery; as you willingly put yourself in dangerous situations?

Replaced the Major Story flaw with Supernatural Flaw Faerie Antipathy.

Negative Sympathy Trait: Underworld. Damocles's strength is sapped by the faeries whenever he ventures underground; for the Underworld serves as the prison of the Titans, and a testament to the failure of the Gigantes to avenge/liberate them. All rolls receive a penalty of -3 when underground.

How does that sound?

Actually, about the Horrifying Appearance – Snake Legs that often accompanies Gigantes blood; would you temporarily be able to turn those into normal human legs with Muto Corpus, for the purposes of social interaction?

that works, let me resume analysis
you have hermetic theurgy listed as a "free" virtue, and it is not part of the initiation scheme of the tradition. Even if it were these initiated virtues are not free, merely allowed.

My bad thought it was greenlit as the minor hermetic virtue for the tradition. Also anything marked as "Free" merely means I didn't have to pay for it with the starting Virtue & Flaw points, or it comes from another virtue and no extra cost etc.

Switching it to Affinity Terram; would need to quickly rearrange 2 spells and some XP.

Also, how about that Horrifying Appearance – Snake Legs question?

yes, you could transform your snake legs into natural legs temporarily. However there would be a penalty to physical activity utilizing them as they are not natural to you- essentially abilities like athletics (running) are considered to be at 0 under these conditions unless you develop them separately (the same as heartbeast abilities need to develop separately).
regarding my point in hermetic theurgy or anything else you might initiate, those virtues do count against your starting allocation of virtues and flaws if you have them at gauntlet.

Gotcha.

Would only Athletics ability need to be retrained?
...My Size +2 aside, can I even use the Ride skill with Snake Legs? Seems awkward.

I assume these snake legs would fall under Corpus form, coming from Giants...and me mostly being a man still?

As for the Theurgy, I don't feel comfortable moving my current virtues around so I will probably try to gain Hermetic Theurgy later on in the game.

the legs are corpus- the snake legs do not prevent you from riding, but your size is an issue in that your mount will need to be size 3+, as well as the problem with the Gift.

as for theurgy, you won't be able to get it in 3 years, so you need to make the change to the sheet.

Oh yea I know, i didn't mean to get it in 3 years; rather in play, after that.

Anyways I'll be switching Faerie Antipathy with Horrifying Appearance - Snake Leg(s).

Changed my XP to reflect Affinity Terram.

Purchased the use of Human Legs as "Human Athletics", it's own separate ability (during Apprenticeship when he has access to the transforming spell)

Altered the spells that were theurgical into something else.

by my calculations you have 21 too many points in arts and abilities, I also don't see why your apparent age would be different than your actual age

Unaging for the apparent age difference.The Virtue allows you to choose your apparent age besides it's other benefits; can be equal to or less then your actual age.

As for extra XP, I found the problem (Forgot to reduce Leadership after moving around XP. Was rounding up XP from Affinity Great Weapon too)

Fixed.

Also, if I wanted to change character's name; would that be an option?

when the character is done tell me what name change you want and I will do it, characters have been known to disappear from the wiki if the name is changed incorrectly.

There are some issues I am still digging through on your spells, the first of which is that you do not have the capacity to start with Maintain the demanding spell, ward against heat and flames, or form of the gigantes based on the levels you have them- remember an aura of 3 is presumed pre-game.

I still need to review your custom spells for accuracy of build, but your starting abilities seem to be in order now. One thing I do want to mention, in the future, please ask where there is any uncertainty instead of assuming that whatever you want to do is okay and then arguing for what you did. It saves both of us a lot of headaches.