Dies Irae cover now up

Do we know if there will be a pdf available sometimes soon?

Hi,

I think the democratic process tends to produce the leaders that a people deserves.

A perfect and just God is likely to cause or permit the same. (In a game with medieval values, it isn't rhetorical to ask "What have we done to deserve this?")

Anyway,

Ken

It's out but still no table of content? This would seriously affect my decision to purchase. What scenarios are actually in the book and what kind of material is included for them?

I suspect the ToC would really give the games away. I'm hoping to see some comments in this thread before long that should influence your decision.

I'm determined to buy it no matter what, but would like to know what's inside anyway. If only because I can't wait until I find the time to physically go and purchase it. :wink:

So it's more like an adventure collection instead of a proper sourcebook? Too bad. :frowning:

The End of the World I'd assume?

It's a collection of four sagas, truthfully-- each one sets a premise for a particular method of destroying Mythic Europe, it then lays out how such a saga would be pursued, details major events and NPCs, talks about how the world will change, and how the magi might survive in the world after its destruction.

-Ben.

Hahaha, true. Though I'm curious as to the particular ways it'll end. :stuck_out_tongue:

Same here. Anyone willing to spoil it for us? One-sentence summary of each scenario would be enough for a start. :unamused:

Edit: Checking my inbox helped. Thanks to the mysterious benefactor. :wink:

The scenarios are all about magic - conflicts, disasters, and general magical happenings. I had been expecting something more along the lines of Mongol invasion, war with the Church, or civil war in the Order but on reflection I'm glad Atlas did it this way. It feels right to end the edition with a back to the roots of Ars Magica feel.

A coven raises the Berklist from beyond, and the world ends in flames.

I think they missed this one, but I like it! :wink:

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I’ve tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.

My copy arrived yesterday.

It feels really good to have a complete set of ArM5. :smiley:

And such a fine set for such a fine game line it is, sir.

Congratulations on a work so well done, Mr. Chart. :slight_smile: