dinner

Silas leans back in his chair.

“Well there is of course the Wizard War but we should really have Okeannetis here for that. Consolidating the investigation proper into what occurred should also be handled once we know a little bit more… I suppose we might be finish for today.”

He turns to Aetherius and continues.

“My intentions for the last remainder of today were to check the storage, noting any particularly common physical containers for the vis. Should help in identifying our Sources and common trade partners.”

Argentius nods to the others.

"I'm starting to study one of the Vim tractacti so I can be better prepared to learn the Vigil later this summer. If you need me to assist further with anything else, I'm happy to help. The languages issues aren't a barrier… mostly. So if I can help, even simply to validate the efficacy of anyone translating, I'm happy to do so."

He takes another drink.

FYI, reading a tractatus for a partial season means you won't be able to read it again in another season and you will only get partial XP from it.

1 Like

"Very good. Let us proceed along these lines."

Lares leaves, goes find Izri, and has this discussion with him:

"Sodales." Tastheus smiles gently. "I clearly need to study this new Code of Hermes as soon as possible. We can reconvene later."

Silas gets up as well and excuses himself. He hurries after Lares.

“Sodalis. It’s good that I caught up to you. Since I can’t be much aid in the organization of the covenfolk myself I can at least offer my creations. Burrow this tablet.”

Silas rummages through his belongs and gets out the wooden tablet. He looks at it his handiwork suddenly regretting any idea of parting with it. However, he extends his arm slowly and offers it to Lares.

“If someone touches it, it will display a few words summing up their character. Could be useful in ensuring that only trustworthy individuals get through. To see it you must lower your Parma and hold it as someone else touches it. Use it however you see fit. You can hand it back and some feedback at a later state.”

Silas looks at Izri with some curiosity as he waits for Lares answer.

Argentius rises and nods to the others. "I'll be in my lab studying. I'll also take another look at my records and maps to see if I can piece together any clues on trade or relationships beyond Al Kufra that might be helpful to us."

Aetherius nods. "Have a good evening everybody."

Lares seems surprised at Silas’ offer. He takes the tablet gingerly, like he’s afraid of breaking it, and examines it in awe.

“This is beautiful, Silas! And very useful. I was worried about not knowing the covenfolk, but this should help me identify any bad apples before trouble comes up. Thank you. I will take good care of it.”

Plasmatoris rises to his feet as the various magi stand. He picks up his carrying satchel and shuffles on after Aetherius. "I do think we should get information on our vis sources - and I think the best bet for it is speaking with the younger covenfolk. I offered my assistance in speaking to them and organizing, do you plan to do any more work on that before bed, or should I retire to my own explorations for now?"

Aetherius smiles at Plasmatoris. "Sounds like you and Silas have a good leg up on me. I do wish to offer my assistance, but unless there's an urgent business, I was intended to mostly retire for the evening. Our vis sources will still be where they are tomorrow. I'd be happy to share a drink at this time, and maybe talk about something else than covenant business, if you would care to join me, and we can work on this in the morning? There's no lab project to interrupt which forces us to work 16h straight on, after all..."

Aetherius looks arround. "The invite's open to anyone who wants to have a drink and talk about something else than the charter and our missing century."

The Jerbiton's grin is a bit wild. Plasmatoris seems to switch between mania and concentration in his expressions. "While I would certainly enjoy a chance to relax, I can't promise the conversation won't turn to what happened to the other Magus Plasmatoris who lived here before me. After all, when speaking to magi, so many of the topics of conversation revolve around our great plans and goals - and many of us had pursued them in our lost century."

"No doubt we'll talk magic. The Gift is such a huge part of our existence. But covenant management can wait until tomorrow. Deal?"

"I would be delighted to meet you for a more casual evening. I might bring dinner if my sketches too look at while we talk," says Plasmatoris. The brief mania which struck his smile seems gone again. "I think learning who our curse-bound companions are will be important."

He takes a few steps towards the door before pausing. "If you could send a message to my studio when you decide where you want too relax, we can meet there.". Then he nods and is out the door.

Two minutes later he hustles back in, grabs the things he left on the table, and leaves again.

What kind of common space exists at the covenant that can be used for such an evening chat?

This question was for the gamemaster.

Aside from the dining/meeting room there are benches around the evaporating fountain which at least cools the air a bit around it.

Plasmatoris would live that fountain for an evening conversation. Also, you can yell at him in his studio when he inevitably doesn't show up on time.

Sounds good. Aetherius will go on a mythic quest for mead, beer, wine or whatever it is the local covenant drinks and when he's found some, will go and get Plasmatoris so they can hang out arround the fountain.

go ahead and put the fountain conversation here instead of starting a new thread for it.