discribing myself as a wizard

int +5
body +0
dex -1
personality +4 wrath(I do have temper it's just mitigated by medication)
bookish+7
virtues & flaws-magical memory,slow mastary,carbuncles,gaming nut & inventing genius(ideas only)
that(I think)discribes me in a nutshell
tell me if you disagree.

I disagree.

You know yourself.

Who am i to disagree?

+5 int and you can't spell correctly?

I am guessing by "body" you mean "strength". I noticed you left out a few stats. Communication and perception, coincidentally.
Abe, you are truly fascinating.

+5 int, huh? Wow.

...Whats a carbuncle?

I concur. :laughing:

Is it the things that grow on ship hulls....wait those are barnacles

Maybe carbuncle is a typo...

Are you fresh or salt water?

Two words : Failed Apprentice. Also, you would automatically have the flaw "Incomprehensible."

Carbuncles could be either of the following:

1. A crystalline formation of Iron, Aluminum and Chromium Oxides (Essentially, green garnets - they form in the bottom aluminum smelting furnaces and have to be jack hammered out before a re-line of the furnace).

2. Acne (aka Zits, Pimples, et alia...)

Steve

I have a confession to make.
In another thread, the one about character designs, Abe asked for people to post their design of him. He asked for it and Ravenscroft gave it to him.
So I asked him why he doesn't do it himself...

Aww... I'm doomed to hell.

BD-

... yes. Yes, you are. You, and all who post here, sadly. :unamused:

Steve- I'll disagree with those definitions, tho' either could be a modern adaption of the original meanings.

A "carbuncle" is a medieval word (Middle English, and so contemporary with Ars) that originally/literally meant "live coal" (as in an ember).

It does have two main meanings- one is any red, round gemstone., esp a garnet.

The other is something like a boil, but more unpleasant on several levels that we need not describe in detail here. To equate that with acne is not quite precise by several degrees. (The "live coal" refers to the size, color, and sensation of a carbuncle on a human.)

(Thus the spell "Earth's Carbuncle", ReTe 15.)

Both usages are largely obsolete in modern common dialect (unless you're using technical vocabulary about gemstones or anthrax.)

I certainly doubt if Abe has either, but I hope more that this conversation dies here.

[sigh]

BOOKISH?

Abe, you haven't even read the rules for the game yet. How can you describe yourself as bookish?

DOH!

Got it!
Are you making a reference to the shape?

Wasn't the Gnothi Seauton at Delphi - "Know Thy Self" - more of an advice or call than a fact? That you ought to know yourself rather than stating that you neccesarily do know yourself? Which would imply that most, or at least some, of us don't...

On the other hand Abe might be the Pythian Oracle of this Forum..? Sitting at the navel of the earth breathing certain vapours and asking questions when sought for an answer; and speaking in versed answers not always understood by those seeking him. :laughing:

the Pythia was (on occasion) a noble [woman] of aristocratic family, sometimes a peasant, sometimes rich, sometimes poor, sometimes old, sometimes young, sometimes a very lettered and educated woman to whom somebody like the high priest and the philosopher Plutarch would dedicate essays, other times [one] who could not write her own name. So it seems to have been aptitude rather than any ascribed status that made these women eligible to be Pythias and speak for the God.

:laughing:
I like it!

His presence certainly has revealed things about some of us that otherwise we would never have observed. :wink:

Maybe that's the problem- we should be asking him the questions!

I also disagree

LMAO :laughing: :laughing:

Certainly not how I would have defined Abe statistically. For one, I would have used ArM5 rules to write the character instead of some random numbers thrown into a pseudo-stat frame. But well, it is Abe, so....

Xavi

Just don't ask him to design himself as a character! :open_mouth:

Furion wrote:

"Wasn't the Gnothi Seauton at Delphi - "Know Thy Self" - more of an advice or call than a fact? That you ought to know yourself rather than stating that you neccesarily do know yourself? Which would imply that most, or at least some, of us don't...

On the other hand Abe might be the Pythian Oracle of this Forum..? Sitting at the navel of the earth breathing certain vapours and asking questions when sought for an answer; and speaking in versed answers not always understood by those seeking him. Laughing
Wasn't the Gnothi Seauton at Delphi - "Know Thy Self" - more of an advice or call than a fact? That you ought to know yourself rather than stating that you neccesarily do know yourself? Which would imply that most, or at least some, of us don't...

On the other hand Abe might be the Pythian Oracle of this Forum..? Sitting at the navel of the earth breathing certain vapours and asking questions when sought for an answer; and speaking in versed answers not always understood by those seeking him. Laughing"

Exact! What i meant is that Abe should look in himself (possible by himself). But i really like the idea that he's a kind of pythian Oracle of the forum. That actually put Abe in a new light. I would grant him the title "Oracle" so when he post, the new comer don't see apprentice, journeyman or master...

Vote for Abe for Oracle.

Abe, you got my full support!

-Bellysarius

For comunication -3(non-talktive)
perception-5(tend to overlook the small)
I have acne
as for the bookish trait that is because I like to read(I have never met a book I couldn't resist except for the harry potter series)I just tend to forget what I have read after a while & I usually like to read real books,that's all.
hope that helps!

So speaketh the Oracle :wink:

Abe can't be the Oracle - these aren't the Delphi Forums anymore.

Maybe he is. He's as clear as any oracle I have ever consulted. "Questions for Abe" should have it's own thread.