Divining the location of your new apprentice: yes or no?

True, but suppressing your magic resistance is a conscious act that requires you to concentrate. As soon as you stop concentrating, your Form resistance comes back even if you did not activate your Parma for that day. What would be the odds of suppressing your Parma at exactly the same time as another magus casts a boundary-target spell? Almost inexistant, IMHO.

Thanks for the responses, all. Some of my own thoughts:

1. The particular question was about Divinaion, so memorized spells are kind of moot (until it gets integrated! Long term plan on that one...) But yeah, for general purposes, I can totally see creating a normal spell that could potentially scry on normal magi.

2. I'm guessing that an In Vi spell could detect the difference between a magi and someone with an Unopened Gift. Consider that the effect can "Detect the Gift" and can also "determine the magnitude of the highest technique/form". For a normal magi, that's a positive integer. For a newly-opened apprentice, that's a 0. But for an unopened Gift, that's a Null/Invalid value. Thus, there is some meaningful difference between the three groups, which the spell would (I imagine) be able to detect, if designed to do so.

3. I would think that getting more information out of your Parma would be a case of having In Vi 25 "Touch of the Active Magics" (Base 5: Detect active magic, R:Personal, D:Sun (+2), T:Individual +2 Technique and Form) An interesting breakthrough for this spell would be "Parma integration" - by learning the spell, you can automatically cast it any time you re-up your parma. If that's not quite interesting enough, reduce the duration to "Concentration" or "Momentary", but claim that having the Parma up is enough to hold the spell in place - thus making is a bit more of an actual breakthrough.