Does Cabal Legacy (TMRE) allow a magus a second Major Hermetic Virtue?

Fair enough. My sense of "value" differs but that's exactly why I was asking for input.

From my point of view it's not as if a Major Virtue at character creation is inexpensive, and since Cabal Legacy already provides you a path to obtain it, potentially in a cheaper fashion, the value of being able to take it upfront (paying heavily for it) is even less.

Yes, there are canon cults that start with a major virtue, I listed a couple but very often those ones offer few, if any, other major mysteries. NeoMercurians and the Terrae both also offer Divination but it seems like it’s a later thing for the Mercurians, it might be the initial thing taught to Terrae Magae. As I said above I would likely not allow a second Hermetic Virtue but a single Major Mystery Virtue would be fine if it was fitting for the cult for them to initiate that early. Having two mystery virtues, even two minor ones, I would balk at. But remember it is explicitly stated that Cabal Legacy, the flaws taken do not count as ordeals so it could screw up any highly dependent initiation chain one makes.

I think you are implicitly assuming that the "deeper secrets" are Major Virtues, whereas the "introductory secrets" are the Minor Virtues. Which, by the same passage you refer to, is often but not always the case. For example, Mercurian Magic is very reasonably an "introductory" secret since it lays the basic framework for the neomercurian philosophy. For the same reason, Holy Magic, and probably Chthonic Magic too, would be "introductory" despite being Major.

Ultimately, whether a Virtue is Major or Minor is tied to its relative utility, which does not necessarily reflect how "deep" it is. To make a real world example, I think that "literacy (i.e. basic reading and writing)" is a Major Virtue, whereas "knowledge of quantum physics" only a Minor one.

It is an Army'ism. Whenever someone says "I assume" they are braying "I ass!" like a donkey. It was met with instant eye rolls and ignoring everything else. "Assess", while actually used, indicates "I/we have the potential of being an ass with this...".

I spent 20+ years as an analyst and while I was paid to provide my opinion, it was always things like "high probability", "moderate probability", "most likely", "least likely", etc. Those are a lot more technical then what they appear at first glance. "High probability" for example indicates a 61~90% rate. Moderate is a 31~60, Low less than 30%. Over 90% was one of those "We assess..." moments, since it is what should happen but Murphy will make you into an ass sometimes.

There are others like someone asking "Repeat" or "Repeat that" instead of "Say again". Repeat means to fire again at last target.

"Hoa!" is a traditional response that can signal lots of things based on how it is said: Agreement, disagreement, do you copy/understand, yes I copy/understand, you're an ass, head up ass, etc.

Pretty much everything is low grade cursing.