Entropy & Creation (Spring 1236)

Probably not Cidito's. Though that may have happened earlier. Inspecting the serpents you notice they have tiny legs wrapped close to their body under a layer of skin. Wings too. And the cutest little baby kitten faces!

"We should find some way to take these with us." Fleur looks around to see what the troglodyte congregation is doing now, whether it has changed in response to the dragon kittens.

There are three of them. The priestess directs you to choose one and she'll take the other two. Felecia has no preference. She is horrified and revolted at what has happened.

Is there any discernable difference between the three?

There is now :slight_smile:
One seems silly and happy. Another seems mean and aggressive. The third seems calm and wise.

She will take the third dragon-kitten. Then try and get directions out...

allow me to mentalate on what happens next...
(mentalate is a cross between mental and percolate, and I think I picked it up from Animaniacs some fifteen years ago).

Whenever you're ready

Okay...
:smiley:
The exit is apparently a simple path leading up around the corner to the left. You might be shocked to discover that it is winter. The landscape is dark, cold, and barren. No animal activity, no vegitation, nothing.
You trudge back to the covenant. The village of Arans and the Keep are crumbling ruins empty of life.

"Felicia, would you lend me your second sight? I want to be sure that what I am seeing is real, and not another aspect of faerie." She will do a fatiguing spontaneous casting of Sense of Faerie Power (InVi:2) (In:1+Vi:2+Sta:3+aura?+die roll (invisible castle seems to be down right now)/2=3+? so assuming no botch it should be cast.

You do detect a huge amount of Faerie Power, Aura 10+. But what you are seeing is real on this regio level. The whole of the world is devoid of life and exists in a state of eternal winter.

"Oh great, we exited the cave to Arcadia, apparently the court of winter." Fleur leads the group back to the covenant at Andorra, figuring this is where she will find the queen or king of winter. She can't remember which winter has.

The covenant is likewise lifeless and deserted. This is far worse than winter. Nothing lives. From your memory of the placement of things, all things that were non-living previously are still placed where they were. Buildings, furnishings, the dead tree by the road, the food stocks, etceteras. Everything that was living is gone. There are no people or animals, the living trees are now gone, there ain't no life nowhere.

But if you are persistent, you search the covenant and find several surprises. The layout is slightly different, somewhat older. The new tower in the one corner is now the original, matching the towers in the other corners. The Forge of Vulcanus is missing, but there is a different forge on the other side of the yard. The courtyard wall is lower and in disrepair, the Mercere Tower looks brand new yet lacks the other buildings adjacent to it.
The veteran grog I assigned you (I froget which one), he says this is how the covenant would have looked around fifty years ago, circa 1185 or so.
Back then, the Reception Hall on the ground floor of the keep was called the Grand Court and was configured like a throne room.
There, sitting on the throne, is a man frozen over by a coating of crystal clear ice. He looks like a macho version of Doctor Strange, dressed in light armor and clothing (of a fashion fifty years ago) with various Arcane Symbols. An Order of Hermes Lore check can tell you more if you examine the details, but the obvious ones are the Flambeau Hourglass and the symbol of Andorra Covenant which is a griffon and a drake grappling (Peregrine, please chime in with the proper heraldic description you devised :slight_smile: ).

[size=50][color=red]growf?[/size]

Invisible castle is either still down or down again.
Order of Hermes lore:1, Int:3, rolling a die at home (do we need to find a different die rolling site?) I get an 8, which gives me a 12 total for order of hermes lore.

I trust your rolls.
You examine the man in more detail, and find three important clues. Another Flambeau symbol, the Forked Dragon of the Knights of Seneca. Then his green eyes, unblinking under the ice, they remind you of someone. Carmen? Then finally, you identify that thesymbol on his breast must be his Wizard's Sigil. You have seen it before here at the covenant, on a mediocre tapestry and inscribed in a text somewhere. An arc, with jagged prongs on either end and a tine at the center peak.
This man is Antonio of Flambeau, former Pontifex Maximus of Andorra lost in Twilight some seven years ago.
:exclamation:

Fleur considers the situation. Is this the man, or a faerie copy of the man? If he was really lost in twilight there is no reason he should be here in a faerie realm. Unless he was presumed to be in twilight and was lost in the caves. Either way she should try and awaken the figure. Perhaps a CrIg to melt the ice...
Creo: 12+Ig:1+Sta:3+aura bonus:5+die roll (3)=24 divide by 2=>12, heat object to be warm to touch: base 2, range touch:+1, target individual, duration has three levels from this roll, so duration:moon

You mean "Per pale, gules and argent, a griffon and dragon combatant counterchanged"? :smiley:

Yes, that's the one :smiley:

And now I know exactly what it looks like :smiley: