Faerie Spells of the Road: Spells for Moderation

I've not really tried creating any faerie spells, so here is a mixed bag for comment and suggestion.

Faerie Spells of the Road: By Valonia of Merinita

Valonia of Merinita lived without covenant, within a tree that contained her sanctum and simple laboratory. The tree stood in the middle of a pathway that wound through a faerie forest. When she disappeared a Quaesitor was eventually sent to investigate. It is believed that she eventually became a true fae, and deserted her dwelling for Arcadia. However, this tome of faerie spells was recovered, and copies of it are a prized possession of many Merinitans.

Faerie Intuition of the Path: InIm 25
Whilst the Maga concentrates she can see and hear anything upon the road she stands upon.
“I sensed your step, stranger. By what venture have you sought me out?”
By use of this spell, Valonia is able to enact many other enchantments.
[B: 2, R: Road +2, D: Diameter +1, T: Vision +4]

The Whispering Pathway: CrIm 5
By concentrating the Maga can conjure a disembodied voice which speaks to the person on the road she has espied.
“Turn back … turn back! … Nothing awaits you here nor wants you!”
[B: 1, R: Road +2, D: Concentration +1, T: Individual; intelligible speech +1]

Discourage the Inquisitive Stranger: ReMe 25
This enchantment disinclines a person to travel any further along the road. Only individuals with particularly strong motivations will continue their journey.
“Turn back, stranger, for this path is not for you.”
[B: 5, R: Road +2, D: Sun +2, T: Individual]

Sense of the Stranger’s Purpose: InMe 15
For a person the Maga is aware of, she can sense the general and most powerful motivation they possess.
“You seek my aid in a matter of love. Well then, stranger, tarry not upon the road.”
[B: 5, R: Road +2, D: Momentary, T: Individual]

Fair Weather Blessing for the Travellers: ReAu 15
This faerie blessing ensures that no rain shall fall upon a traveller, so long as they remain upon the road.
“As you travel friend, let me ease the path of your journey.” writes Valonia.
[B: 4, R: Road +2, D: Sun +2, T: Individual]

Ease the Passage of a Night’s Journey: MuCo 20
A person blessed by this spell gains the eyes of a cat, and will be able to see in near darkness, so long as they keep to the path.
“Let not the night make you fearful, for you shall see all that awaits you upon the road.”
[B: 2, R: Road +2, D: Sun +2, T: Group +2]

The Weary Step of the Uphill Path: PeCo 20
This curse causes the target to lose one fatigue level, as if the path were suddenly much more uphill than it appeared.
“No, stranger, this road is too long and steep for you to travel. Turn back while you may!”
[B: 10, R: Road +2, D: Momentary, T: Individual]

Blind to the Road’s Bend: PeCo 30
This curse blinds the target, leaving their eyes milky with cataracts. This will heal as a Heavy Wound.
“Now you shall pay for your stubbornness! You have brought this upon yourself!”
[B: 20, R: Road +2, D: Momentary, T: Individual]

This is the third time a spell of this sort has come up on this list (And we've only been running since November).

There is some discussion of wheter this is a sense target or not. The previous discussions are buried in these threads

Hi Erik,

Yes, I'd seen some of the other spells - this is just one interpretation of the rules.

I figured that to be able to scan the road, which is quite a powerful ability, the spell should be reasonably medium level; but obviously I wanted to avoid the 'Boundary' target as I didn't think that this ability merited a ritual.

This is a compromise really. The vision target lifts the level of the spell so that it is not a powerful affect at trivial level, and justifies the ability to scan a road without resorting to ritual 'overkill'

I can imagine all sorts of lower level versions of this spell though, perhaps allowing a person to see part of a road, or simply the nearest person or group along it, etc.