Fast casting spontaneous counterspells

Somehow I missed this post when I read the thread.

Since there are no real magicians we can ask, lets use a technology analogy, inaccurate as it may be.
Since corporations are sometimes recognised as people (several jurisdictions distinguish human beings as 'natural' people, so corporations can be 'preternatural' people ie wizard analogues).
Corporation A and corporation B both invent a 'spell' called 'door intercom'. In order to cast this 'spell' that alerts a person on the other side of a door of your presence and identity, you need to make the gesture of press a button and speak a greeting with identification.

One argument is that the words and gestures are identical.

Another argument is that they are totally different words and gestures. Intercom A has its button on the same level as the speaker grill, and it is a rocker button. Intercom B has the press button under the speaker grill, and there is an inscription that says "speak friend for entry", which will probably bias my words to include parts of that phrase.

I tend to say that while there are some minor differences between the words and gestures, they are recognisably similar, enough that a knowledgeable observer has an easy (though not automatic) skill check to know if you are doing the 'door intercom' words and gestures.