Fear Feeders (phobophages)

It’s a lot better than 4th ed. where combat is just a competition to find out who passes out last.

:wink:

I don't think using Fatigue and inflicted Flaws as Fear/psychic damage really counts as a whole third wound track.

Absolutely not! I was thinking of adding a "Spiritual Damage" wound track, which... Urk. Just no.

That has not been our experience at all. Then again, most of y'all have probably never tried ArM4 with shotguns and assault rifles available to grogs, companions, and magi alike. So far magi seem to prefer handguns, though.

But, that 5th example in the thread I mentioned above had, what, like 5 Light Wounds, or was it 10 light wounds and 5 Heavy Wounds? There's only one check box per Fatigue/Body level on the 4th ed. character sheet.

It’s not hard to track you just use tally marks for each wound level. Fatigue still has only one box for most characters (some animals and supernatural beings have more of particular levels but it’s rare).

Anyway, the easy thing to do would be not to have a separate track but to mark them differently like one did with aggravated wounds in the White Wolf games and then those interact with healing differently.

I was re-reading bits of Dies Irae yesterday. "The End of Time".

It's 5th edition, but, if you have access to it, it describes the "Lunar" Quality (which you can retrofit as a virtue), which very closely fits the bill IMO

I think you missed my point there, or I made it poorly.

In 4th (and prior), you take 5 damage above Soak, that's a Light Wound. Now that your wounded, you don't get another Light Wound, you move to the next (Serious or Heavy?) wound the next time you get Dmg >= (Soak+5).

Granted, 5th probably compounds the "death spiral" of wound penalties a lot more direly, but it's more streamlined in the older versions. YMMV, of course.

Aside from the "discarding differences less than 5" in (Attack - Damage) - Soak, it takes ~ 30 points of damage to put a completely healthy size 0 creature in the grave in ArM4.

(There is, I believe, one more Body/Fatigue level each than in 5th, as it was in 2nd & 3rd)

And you missed my point, or I made it poorly.

First, that I was actually not trying to start an argument, see :wink: above.

Second, I will never play 4th ed. again because of the fatigue rules being absurdly harsh and turning combat into a test of stamina.

1 Like

Fair enough. I'll go ahead and mark the Solution I already chose to close this thread.