fourth edition books worth getting for fifth ed. games?

so! i'm pretty new to fifth edition (and had only played second and third, a billion years ago) and have now accumulated a wealth of fifth edition books but the only fourth edition book that i have, so far, is the revised 'medieval bestiary.'
are there any fourth ed. books that folks still find of value when it comes to playing fifth edition?
(i understand that the rules are quite different and don't mind converting i'm more interested in lore/canon/etc. that hasn't appeared in any 5e books but remains relevant.)

2 Likes

I would say the location books, in particular any tribunal that has not been re done in 5th Ed.

4 Likes

Remember this this thread?

3 Likes

Déjà vu: 4th Edition Tribunal Lore? - #5 by loke

2 Likes

I'm a sucker for the Medieval Tapestry, which I read a lot as a teenager new to Ars Magica in 1998. I bought it because I had something like $27, and the other book was $29 after taxes. Pretty much it gives you an array of NPCs along with some neat back story. You can also quickly grab and use/reuse/reskin as needed into other NPCs.

3 Likes

thanks for the responses!
(and 'the medieval tapestry' wasn't even on my radar but now i think i need it!)

2 Likes

It is a good book indeed, and if you don't mind a bit of rules conversion, a good inspiration for 5ed too

1 Like