game jumps

for apprentices, training until their first adventures:
Antonio- your arts are opened, and have 2 seasons before your first adventure- the first of these is being taught magic theory with a source quality of 23, then you have 1 season of free activity prior to your adventure- Argus recommends you spend it in the library, but it is your choice...

Eleni- your arts are opened and 6 seasons go by before your first adventure. The first season you are taught magic theory with a SQ of 9, then he has you assist in the lab for 2 seasons on a ReAu enchantment. Afterwards he checks out a book on magic theory which he assigns to you with SQ:15. He spends a season teaching you Rego with SQ:9, and has you assist in the lab for another season before your big adventure, this time binding his familiar, a bird. He has gotten a set of tapestries for you to study, you simply have not had time to do so yet...

Xene- you also have 6 seasons until you first adventure- during the first of these you are taught code of Hermes with SQ:21 including your apt student bonus, then you have a tutor in ancient Greek with a final SQ of 20, followed by a tutor in magic theory with SQ:20, and a tutor with another season of the code of Hermes with SQ;20. minos then instructs you in intelligo with SQ:21, followed by another season of tutoring in the code of Hermes with a SQ:20 before your adventure.

Constantine- you have 19 seasons before your first adventure, though it probably feels like an adventure far sooner- after opening your arts artemis spend s aseason teaching you etiquette with SQ:19, after which you are put through 2 seasons of training in brawl with a grog at SQ:9 and then sent out to "scout" the city, and learn the area lore with SQ:7 (though you can take study experience in something else you pick up running around the city!), she then teaches you rego with SQ:19, followed by a private tutor teaching intrigue(SQ:17), another season of hand to hand training (SQ:9) before being sent into the city again to get a feel for the city and what is going on- he next season she teaches you mentem (SQ:19) then you have 2 seasons of tutoring in ancient greek (SQ:17/season) before being sent out once again to get intelligence on the goings on in the city. The next season she teaches terram(SQ:19) and a season of tutoring in ancient greek (SQ:17) and a season in learning charm (SQ:17) before being sent to learn more about the city once more. she then spends a season teaching you finess (SQ:19) before putting a book in front of you on divine lore (SQ:20) before your real adventure begins.

For the seasons practicing Area Lore Constantinople, what is the source quality of the secondary thing I choose to study? Or am I misunderstanding?

Also I assume my Ability Block: Martial doesn't effect Brawl?

Curious about opening the arts, would Midos have left Xene with Enchanting Music, converted it to an hermetic virtue that he knows, or if the alternate idea of very closely related virtues is allowed let it be converted into something Midos doesn’t have.

Two questions! Do we get exposure XP for Opening the Arts, and do we get any exposure XP from our presentation?

Eleni- your arts are opened

Opening the Arts = 2 exposure xp, Magic Theory

The first season you are taught magic theory with a SQ of 9

1st season = 9 teaching xp, Magic Theory

then he has you assist in the lab for 2 seasons on a ReAu enchantment.

2nd season = 2 exposure xp Re
3rd season = 2 exposure xp Au

Afterwards he checks out a book on magic theory which he assigns to you with SQ:15

4th season = 15 book xp, Magic Theory

Summae or Tractatus? What's the level if its a Summae.?

He spends a season teaching you Rego with SQ:9,

5th season = 9 teaching xp, Re

and has you assist in the lab for another season before your big adventure, this time binding his familiar, a bird.

6th season = 2 exposure xp (Te, Fo)

What Arts did he use to bind the familiar?

He has gotten a set of tapestries for you to study, you simply have not had time to do so yet...

How many tapestries and what are their Aesthetic Totals?

http://amfightorflight.wikidot.com/ingasiaacct
the book is level 5- sorry I wasn't clear, it was an assignment, not a gift
he has gotten 3 tapestries so far with aesthetic values of 26, 26, and 28.
for seasons of practicing area lore Constantinople you can choose to study something else instead, since you are not supervised. It would follow the standard rules for practicing an ability.
brawl is not classified as a martial skill, so no, it is not affected
Xene was left with enchanting music- technically she has the ability and not the virtue since she did not take the virtue, which having been opened is no longer a free virtue.

1 Like

I didn’t think the allowance to take the supernatural ability with gifted gave you the virtue.

Xene put her 5 adventure xp into Order of Hermes Lore.

it doesn't, which is the point. On the other hand learning after you are opened grants the virtue for free, so it's odd...

I didn't think you could have a supernatural ability without the corresponding virtue. Does it not function, but only let you teach/write? Or something like that?

No, it works fully. It’s part of the rules around making a character with The Gift who doesn’t have their arts opened or any other “opening” thing.

Weird. I thought if you learned through the gift you gained the virtue, whether opened or not.

TBH, probably just an oversight created due to "we don't want to give them the 5 xp equivalent" virtue not really meshing with how it works later.

And I'm notoriously bad at actually checking errata so...

honestly I think it is just one more example of somebody slapping something together and calling it good and not thinking it through.

1 Like

For a second I thought that was in response to Trintion... who I didn't even call "done", let alone good.

:smile:

Not sure if you're waiting for us but if so, both my characters are good to go.

Same here.

Used the adventure XP on Order of Hermes Lore 1, spent the Opening the Arts exposure XP on a 1 in Ignem and Terram, added Magic Theory 2 with a speciality in Corpus and 8 XP toward Magic Theory 3, and spent Antonio's free season reading the Quality 23 summae on Creo for a score of 6 with 4 toward a score of 7.

At the earliest I'll have Trintion ready-ish and posted for pending approval by tonight or tomorrow morning. Should be free to work on him tonight and will try to get him done.

I am wanting to make sure that not only magi are up to date, but that companions and grogs who might be joining those adventures are ready to go, as well as getting some things taken care of on my side of things as well as personal time. I will be stating things soon.