GO TO GRAND TRIBUNAL!!!

Lol...

They havent read enough of the threads where i go on and on about houserules or historical facts and "maybe-facts" then!

I think the bigger difference is rather that perception is different. But also cultural difference adds a lot to it.
I always have to "tone down" a good bit whenever im on a non-Swedish forum...
Weaklings everywhere... :wink:

Also, i simply dont have enough posts(or rather, not enough spread within them) on this forum alone to make up a full character from, so i used characteristics from overall. I also used a couple of ingame characters that i liked playing as "filling" or improvement.

Anyway, there might be an argument for being a Flambeau for being heavily into martial stuff, or Ex Miscellanea for my very scattered interest in very odd and nonstandard things. But Tytalus? Thrives on conflict, nonono, that´s about as far from reality as possible. Any conflict is just incidental to or accidental due to the important part, discussion about interesting things!
I rather dislike conflict. I´ve been called a pacifistic militarist at times... Its knowledge that matters! Cleary Bonisagi. :wink:

Oh thats a neatly done translation of reality...

Verticius Tytali

Constantly engaged in contests of one stripe or another, Verticus particularly enjoys running contests at Tribunal that combine storytelling and magic theory (particularly as they relate to enchantments). These contests are entered into willingly by members of may Houses and have been known to attract everyone from the newly-Gauntled to the most curmudgeonly Archmagus. While some who know him well think they understand the purpose of these contests, and they might be correct at first level, none have yet surmised the true nature of these events at thier deepest.

When not engaged at Tribunal or the preparation thereof, Verticius is known spend time studying the Arts of Intelligo and Perdo, particularly as they relate to the forms of Terram and Vim. He is regularly consulted by other magi in these matters as well as higher applications of Arithmatic and Geometry, and often assists them in thier lab just for the joy of participating in the experiments.

He is a not un-handsome bearded man appearing to be in his early middle ages and tends to wear clothes of a modestly succesful merchant. He carries his talisman (some sort of wood and metal scribing tablet) with him most of the time and seems to write on it whenever he pauses in his walk.

He shamelessly makes friends among the Mundane and seems to have found a way to mitigate the effects of his Gift in most, but not all, circumstances. He has even found himself a wife while attending the local parish church (a Romanian woman of well nigh magical gifts in teaching the liberal arts). They have taken to touring magical areas both near and far. Rumor has it that he and his wife will be travelling to a mountainous island somewhere in the Antipodes by use of an enormous enchanted metal bird sometime in the near future.

yeah, definitely not a Tytalus.... :open_mouth:

I agree with Niall, this looks fun!

Quadrâgintâ Quattuor (Forty-Four) ex Merinita
A somewhat goofy-looking magus with obviously faerie blood (although gremlins are highly anachronistic, other faeries associated with damaging tools are featured in period folklore). He's usually seen in ill-fitting brightly coloured robes. A non-outstanding magus by all accounts, Quadrâgintâ derives his name from the fact that he was the 44th apprentice to be successfully gauntletted at his home covenant.

Quadrâ fancies himself an expert on Magic Theory, particularly as it pertains to non-standard effects and is always eager to share his knowledge with others. In fact, however, his understanding is trivial and composed almost entirely of choice tidbits he's overheard other magi discussing - something obvious to anyone who spends more than a few minutes speaking to him.

Still he seems cheerful enough when proven wrong and tries to help out the host covenant by magically cleaning up after other, less tidy, wizards (Spaminator).

Lol...

Really though, Tytalus is rather my opposite. For Tytali, conflict is THE thing, for "me" its just an unfortunate and unwished for consequence of involvement in matters of interest. Its just that my degree of determination and stubborness combined with the basic "-noone is automatically right" conspires to land me in plenty of hot debates.
Meanwhile, my quest for knowledge is unending. And if i buy a new game, im more likely to start making houserules for it than i am to play it. I created my own scenarios for the old computer game Harpoon through nothing but hexediting... Tinkerer, researcher, inventor and to a lesser degree builder, thats my main. Conflict is something to be stopped not used.

To go to a meeting? Waste a season? Ridiculous!!!!!

Marius JPC Ex Myscelanea
Great thinker, infamed sorcerer and really a wanabe theurgist self-trained, he was born in the near villages of Toletum, their parents near to the comunity of scholars, his father pecaminarius and his mother helper (scribe) of a Notarius; his Blatant Gift brought them problems with his neighborhood and family. Soon one of the companions of a near Covenant recognized and guided to the Order, firstly like apprentice of a Trianomae Magi with poor patience. He left the Bonisagi for Ex Myscellanea after problems by his Parens.
He has very capacities over spirits and strange ideas on Moral Philosophy, Theology and Magic.

And real Life is:
I am a student of Arts an languages, Spanish Filology really. Too old sometimes and to young anothers. TV fan and moderator. Comic eater /otaku and marvelzombie. Born and lived in Madrid, bur i can talk Catalonian, je.
I love Ars Magica, then i have problems to play sometimes because i am nearly the only in my club and gamers coven.

The troubles with this - at least for me - is that my Internet personality is quite vague compared to the real-world one. It's much the same but less well defined. If I were to describe myself in ArM terms based only on my online activities...I'd have a hard time find a House for one. I mainly prowl this forum, I lurk a lot but post less. I lke to help where I can, and gladly look things up and do calculations, and also ask a lot from my fellows. So by this description (research and investigation along with the sharing of knowledge) I sound like a Bonisagus. And this might apply for many of the forum users as well.

Yes, posting in English always means getting one' politeness up (it's the same with German: it is ruder by far).

Heaven's Thunder Hammer:

A Flambeau Crusader, at the Grand Tribunal to try and get Official Hermetic Support for the next Crusade, and falling short of that, find new magi to come with him to the Levant tribunal to kick the crap out of the Egyptians, in particular, then any other Muslim facing him on the field of battle. While his hermetic name is Maximus ex Flambeau, he has enchanted a gigantic hammer to smite his enemies. He never parts with it easily, and prefers to carry it around with him at all times. His hammer has earned him a great deal of notice, and now goes by the name of his hammer, Heaven's Thunder Hammer. Rumor has it that can indeed smite the ground as if hit by the wrath of God, splitting the earth and killing hundreds in a single blow.

Please note that the following is with a lot of tounge in cheek - don't take it too seriously:
Direwolf (ex Flambau - no way he is a tytalus) - formerly of the Order of Odin, he never quite grasped the hermetic magic used by the order of Hermes, nor classical philosophy. Rumour has it that he has discovered a lost form of magic, and that he is the master of a secret cult within the order... His political enemies call him a hedge mage, but rarely to his face.

As for myself, I would be Ulf ex Tytalus.
He hail from Norway, and am a strong believer in the value of a good debate. Has no known political agenda, but may have been known to join debates just for the fun of it. Believed to speciallize in the art of Vim. Accompanied to the tribunal by three of his apprentices. Currently nominally part of the Normandie Tribunal, but resides in far off Norway. (may add to this later).

(MONTHS LATER)

Hey Xavi,

So... whatever happened to this?

Forgot about this! Will make a short report in brief :slight_smile: All in all there were 9 players (the 3 usual suspects + 6 friends) and me circulating around the house.

In a certain moment the bathroom became packed with Tytalians (DW, Ulf and Verticius) discussing WHO they were going to f*uck royally, while the kitchen saw Davidus Carta, Joanes Epistula and Janus Michaellus discussing about hedge traditions with Severin ExTitalus (Laura) in the kitchen, and deciding if they introduced the discoveries in the next folio or not. The kitchen moment was quite amazing, specially when Joanes Epistula was offended because he had already reported the alternative non-Gifted magic users, not some upstart from Mann that wanted to take the credit for something researched long time ago! The big thing was (obviously) the decision of what to do with the Partitio Monaviae and the fact that were two covenants from opposite tribunals (Hibernia and Loch Leglean) in the island.

Unfortunately nobody thought about taking pictures :frowning:

Report when I have a moment. It was great, though. It is the first tribunal that we play with external people, and it was amazing.

Cheers,
Xavi

Looking forward to it!

Fun! Was the "forum in-joke" detected by the players?

Jordi and Laura read you all, so yes. Jordi had great fun "representing" some of the forum members. Laura was more limited, since she mostly played Severin, and spent most of the tribunal trying to earn support for our covenant. But yes, it was fun :slight_smile:

Xavi