Greek Muspelli

It looks like I am going to run a Theban tribunal saga later this year and I want to use Muspelli as adversaries. Has anyone else done the work of converting their patrons to Titans? I am being lazy and asking before I spend time thinking about the details of this

I thought about it and then decided it was too much work.. I am not surprised you have come to the same conclusion. :stuck_out_tongue:

As this will be needed for the main arc of my next campaign , I am going to have to do something

You want to use the actual Titans as direct patrons, as opposed to Typhon, Ekhnida etc?

That is the current plan, although I have not completed my research or started assigning abilities so my plans my change

Why don't you just have straight up Muspelli in Thebes?
There were certainly Scandanavians in the area, such as the Varangian Guard in Byzantium/Constantinople.
They might still have their traditions without syncretism, especially since their Jotun connection is part of a secret, dangerous cult.

1 Like

I have made some progress on this.
For the purposes of my campaign it would be better to go with Muspelli linked to the Greek Titans as I have several other plots tied into the Greek faerie gods and so on which means that the plots will tie together. I also want the main antagonist muspelli to be able to pass as a freind of the covenant which really requires they be greek .

Using a Norse Muspelli in an interesting idea and I may try to use it , as it could give an interesting story

there is no shortage of titans and other fabulous being in greek mythology so really just go nuts.

If it were me, I would use the same rules and just give them a new skin.

1 Like

Essentially thats what I am doing. I decided to use Hecate and to consider a tri-partite entity with Infernal, Fey and Magic aspects which may or may not be different beings. Depending on what works for the campaign

I have come up with the abilities for a few of them, still need to decide on favored flaws but will probably only do so if I expect to use them in the game

Muspelli of Hecate

Entrancement

Hex

Goetic summoning

Shapeshifter

Spadomur

Threads of fate

Typhon

Shapeshifter

Wild fire

Winters breath

Summon animals

Valgaldrar

Entrancing music

Cronus

Shapeshifter

Threads of fate

Valgaldar

Spadomur

Hex

sjonhverfing

Iapetus

Shapeshifter

Wild fire

Spadomur

Animal summoning

Winters breath

valgaldrar

I take it you weren't planning on using the suggested non-Titan Greek patrons on page 81 of RM, just above the Muspelli Characters heading?

I thought about it and they did not seem to fit with the way I am planning to run the mythology in the background

I'm sorry to post again, but I dug through my stuff and there's some information on Titans in the House Tytlus section of Houses of Hermes: Societas, page 78
It might just be names, though.

Thanks. I can't remember if I looked at that when I was planning this but several of the suggestions are on my list.
It has also made me think about how becoming a Muspelli in Greece works, there are so many Titans/Giants and similar things out there. I think one becomes a Muspelli when one has a mystical experience linked to your new patron , requiring some sort of contact with an artefact/sacred place or the spirit of the Titan , this may only grant the potential. This means that Muspelli can try to create other muspelli but so could a magician capable of contacting one of the Titans, such as a Titanoi of great power which gives me an idea for the villain at the center of the web who can remain hidden until the end game. Although having a Tytalus as the bad guy is a bit cliched.

Please, don't be! :slight_smile:

1 Like