Greetings and a question

This is a very good explanation, now I understand better how Hermetic Magic functions. Thank you very much, sir.

And I guess I can only invent potent spells of my area of expertise, right? Again, thanks for the super good explanation on how potent magic works, really useful.

So, leather works for MuCo (animal), but does it work for the heartbeast?

I've been talking to my group and they are fine with Minor Magical Focus (thunderstorm) affect those spells I mentioned before, so it's fine and I can get Potent Magic (thunderstorms) too, I guess. I'm ok with having no Major Hermetic Virtue, there are just too many minor virtues that are great.

I'm getting tiresome, but thank you very much for helping me.

It could be argued too that a leather glove also can use the bonus for transformation which is present on the table for Jewelry/Clothing too. A glove is clothing, so it is appropriate for your concept.

Better tiresome than boring. :mrgreen: Discussing these things is fun.

I'm...not sure, actually. In general the Heartbeast is kinda written like the Shapeshifter virtue, only embedded into Hermetic theory - so I would think it would work; but it may be unique in some way. I'll go check HoH:MC when I get home, this evening. However, I think this may be why a previous poster said not to worry about it too much - it very well may have not been fully addressed in the rules.

The Heartbeast ability only changes the form of the magus. It does not and will not change clothing or other varied items. IIRC, I recall reading about Bjornaer with talismans that can transform with them and remain on the beast form.

MuCo magic only works on a Bjornaer when he is in human form, and a spell that changes him to the same animal of his Heartbeast would leave him susceptible to corpus magics, in addition to not being much of a Bjornaer thing to do.

Indeed - I just looked this up - HoH:MC, pg 22, discusses what happens when a Bjorner changes form. "The clothes and possessions of the magus do not transform with him."

And later on, on pg. 24, the callout discusses how to use a well-known magical effect to get an item to identify if the wearer has changed, and if so trigger a suitable effect (such as "change the shape of this item into something suitable for an animal to carry or wear.")

"Percieve the Change (InAn 14 - constant effect that detects if the enchanted item is touching an animal; if so, it triggers any effect tied to it with a Linked Trigger. It cancels any effect as soon as it is carried by a human being. Base 3 +1 Touch, +2 Sun; +1 2 uses/day, +3 environemental trigger (sunrise/sunset))

And it looks like it can be installed in a Talisman, which suggests that talismans CAN be altered by transformation effects. (or installed using range: personal, for that matter.)

This is very interesting, since I dont want to transform into my heartbeast and be naked afterwards. Besides "Perceive the change" I should get some Muto spell to transform the clothes and such, right? Any idea?

Our Bjornaers either (1) Creo Herbam/Animal some robes/clothes, (2) have grogs/apprentices carry around extras, or (3) run around naked and not worry about it--we're magi by gum!

Rich

You could also just alter the illusion of your body, and add a warming spell. I've had a (shameless) player do that a while back.