Grog concepts

Mercurio approves of Gloriana keeping more fertile young women in the lab with him.

by house rules as long as the fertility ritual created character is either ungifted or played by someone else, all of the FR granted abilities are considered free.
Also keep in mind that fertility lore does not require the Gift. You could write tractatus and/or train a grog to lead these workshops as well. There are certainly plenty of tractatus on leadership...

Hi silveroak,

Have changed Gloriana's plans slightly, put in one more season of training with Marah, in Winter (she was working Spring and Fall, changed to Fall and Winter now). Gloriana will be inflexible with this, she expects the potter to change her plans according to the Maga's needs.

somehow the potter is not surprised...

1139 is the year Anna's child Fortitude is age five! I assume I should fill out his stats now? His 1139 activities are just going to be Practice Latin2 and Chores2

Yes, although I'd recommend putting him in Latin class instead of just practicing. Prosperina is teaching it in the spring with a base SQ (before apt student, teaching labs or affinities) of 15.
Also keep in mind that according to Apprentices anyone with the covenant raised flaw can start with a score (but not a native language, so only up to 3 at age 5) in Latin.

Tada! Good idea about the Latin. I think Anna will wait a year to put him in the more formal classes.

do you want to run him or shall I? He should be added to the planning chart, the fact it is post adventure posting won't be an issue because we have never had a 5 year old join the adventures...

Charity is age 5 starting in 1141, so she need a slot on the big advancement sheet. Someone also needs to pick her "random" virtues/flaws out. I suppose she doesn't really count as a grog though. :confused:

has anyone volunteered to take charity as a character?
It looks like John has lost interest in the game, and she is not an apprentice-
I hereby bequeath the flaws:small frame, offensive to demons, environmental sensitivity:dryness
and virtues: apt student, book learner, independent study
you may assign up to 7 more points in flaws and virtues as you see fit.

I have not lost interest in the game, I am just finding it difficult to come up with a concept. I would be happy to play anything but a Verditius or a fire wielding Flambau as I am now playing both in other campaigns.

You have been absent for quite a while and this is a fast moving game. If you were going to take Charity as a character it should have been decided before now. I posted about possible options for characters you could take and saw no response, and given that that was a while back assumed you had lost interest.

Trying to plan out things for Sybilla, I noticed Edith is still using the Granite of Virtue she purloined! How cheeky! Her adventure’s result was not to be cast out or terribly punished, not to “purchase” the thing! :wink: Still, none of my characters care about this, so Edith, you do you! However, this means she is getting 1 point of Warping/year, so should already have a related Minor Flaw.

Good point- I hadn't considered warping from an object of virtue...
of course this would mean a magus who used such an item in their talisman would take warping as well- one point per year per item

Well, if that were the case, Andros would be in line for an extra 5 points of Warping/year! But no, specifically using them as Talismans allows hermetic Magi both to use them (ordinarily can't because they have no Penetration) and to avoid the ensuing Warping: RoP:M p. 125:

silveroak, Zola Potter's LR hit 127 Lab Total. She has Faerie Blood and Faerie Legacy, and Faerie Background, so the bonus is +26, not +13?

for a LR designed by a Merinita, yes.
how did the stabilization go?

There was no Discovery, so no Stabilization, unfortunately. Gloriana rolled a possible botch, thankfully avoided, and that leaves the lucky potter with "No extraordinary Results" (0+3 = 3) and Gloriana 12 Vim poorer. Maybe with Aroldo, luck will change for the better!

Hi silveroak, something I noticed: some of the grogs are taking classes with Teachers whose Gain Limit has already been reached. For example, Armani grog, with 6(5) Awareness, is set to take a class in 1144 with the Sneaky Arts Teacher, who can teach up to 6.
Is it that the Gain Limit is up to that final point before they reach the next skill level (ie, in this case, 6(34))? Thanks!

No, I probably would have caught that and changed it when I went through processing the results.
It would have been a GM error, except Armani isn't taking a class with the sneaky arts teacher. Orwell, Maximus, Roger and Ricardo are...
and apparently what you are referring to was the class he took in 1143, where I missed him going over by 5, and will correct...