Grog concepts

Alright well I created the names for another archery squad, I'll probably stat a bunch of them soonish

I statted about 3 of them but they were really just copies of what were already made, with a few virtue changes and I didn't touch the flaws as I'm bad at choosing flaws.

I noticed Captain Orwell does not have any virtues granting martial abilities, which would be rather essential...
He is also 5 points over 33 years old.

Master Archer Maximus is 5 points over age 25.

Hadrian is 5 points short of age 20.

Are you sure they're over? I basically copy pasted their abilities and ages from the first archery section, also I forgot to remove second sight from Hadrian when I change that over, changed to awareness.

As for Orwell I wasn't aware that characters weren't allowed to have martial abilities without specific virtues, regardless I changed intuition to turb trained.

Some virtues also grant points in abilities, usually 50, that are not counted towards their age. If you erased one of these virtues the same stats will result in an older character. Turb trained is such a virtue, bringing it back in does make him 30 years old.
Also the second sight virtue gives the ability at 1 for free, so it costs 5 points less than an ability not gained through a virtue.

Also once again survival is based on terrain type, not region. "Locri Wilderness" is not a survival specialization "shore" or "forests" would be.

Also Master Archer Maximus is limited to a score of 5 in bow unless he is 30 years old, and then 6 unless he is 35 without a virtue such as affinity of puiessence that allows him to break the barrier...

You can't just copy skills and ignore the effects of virtues- they have a much more inter-related impact than flaws in general.

Missed the impact of Hadrian's puissant bow the first time- he is age 15 from the listed abilities...

If the 7 ability in bow for Maximus is brought down to 5 he is age 21, but that also makes Hadrian a better shot with the bow than the "master" bowman...

Hmm,fair enough I thought the way second sight/supernatural abilities and virtues worked was that you could only take points in supernatural abilities if you have the virtue, in any case I see what you mean it grants an additional 5 exp.

Also I'm trying not to disregard virtues, I'm just making mistakes about how I'm doing it.

Ok so in the case of Hadrian does turb trained give them the language of the covenantfor free? or is that 4 score of latin taken from his development xp? If it's the former then I'm getting 30exp short of 18.

I changed maximus' bow ability to 5 and when I calculated it his age and abilities exp all added up.

On the note of survival, that was me being confused by the specialties description in the book, I changed it to "forests"

Both are true, they give you access to the ability and a beginning score of 1.
Turb trained gives you access to martial abilities and Latin. It doesn't actually provide extra points- I need to go through the grogs I made as well, I believe I may have messed this point up frequently as well...

Looks like I made that mistake with the shield grogs, it has been corrected now.

That puts Captain Orwell at age 33 plus 5 points, and Hadrian at age 18 plus 5 points.

Added awareness to orwell and folk ken to hadrian

This is grog stuff, so I put it here:
silveroak, just noticed Pelagrin/Pelligrino (?) Herblorist has ability block-social, doesn't look like she'd be able to learn Etiquette or Charm.

Markus just wrote a Magic Theory tractatus, and it's listed as unscribed? (he has Prof: Scribe 6, even if his Dex is -2).

Also, Phillippe Huntsman is writing tractati? While he has a valuable set of skills (Hunt/Wilderness Lore/Animal Ken), doesn't his -1 Com put him out of the parameters set out? Or is he doing this with his own materials/money, in spite of?

1)good catch, I'll need to adjust that
2) I'm using scribal quality (scribe+dex) instead of scribe ability for the +1 bonus
3) He has been given special permission for supernatural abilities given the interest which has been shown in those. He is still barred from writing on more common topics.

silveroak, Simian Rex Grants the grog Phillippe Huntsman the Way of the Woods Major Virtue during the Summer 1120 adventure they shared. Permanent like. This costs SR 5 Confidence (or 5 Permanent Might, but we'll go with Confidence), which I will deduct now. The monkey does it on his own, and it has no plan on extending Andros the same treatment except maybe on a temporary basis during some adventure.

Hi silveroak, something minor: noticed Eloise Huntswoman has written 3 MT tractati, none of them apparently commentaries, but her MT score is just 4.

Also, Markus should read some MT tractatus, he has been at 5(29) for 17 years! Andros directs him to do so. Most Apprentices go through his instruction, and it's vital to raise that Gain Limit.

I accidently linked her maximum number of tractatus to her magic lore instead of her magic theory in my spreadsheet...
noted on the orders to Markus

silveroak, is Patrice's enchanting music tied to the Faerie Realm? I ask because if it's tied to the Magic Realm she shouldn't be getting Aura Warping.

no, that is magic, brain glitch

In Winter 1131, Gloriana crafts Hermagoras's LR, she has a Lab Total of CrCo64 + 5 Int + 17 MT + 6 Aura + 8 Lab + 10 Familiar + 11 Sybilla = 123.

I do not see Hermagoras with any Magical ability (he has Monstrous Blood, don't know if this aligns him), so this LR is at ½ strength, right? = 61, a +13 LR. This is 9 Cr/Co pawns from the stocks?

BTW, can one craft more than 1 LR /season (even if at lower levels)?

Also, who will create Byron's LR?

no, only 1 LR per season

Got it, thanks!

silveroak, before I post the adventure of Arduino seeking a craft instructor, I'd like some feedback regarding the grog concept behind the instructor itself.

I made a wiki page for review: http://praesidiumorae.wikidot.com/wiki:anvy

I have not double checked the math on the abilities, but it appears good.