Help needed on spell guidelines

I'd say that hitting a piece of armor hard with a weapon is a normal trigger not requiring a linked or environmental trigger.

It seems just as restrictive as saying a command word or moving the item in a particular way.

Change it a little - have it activate each time you strap a buckle, and give it 10 buckles. (and spont a unbuckle/rebuckle spell for a group to renew).
Offcourse in order to make the item you need a serious lab total, and most likely a long time... So there wouldn't be too many of them around. And since wearing such an item for any lenght of time will generate a lot of warping points even for its creator, most magi wouldn't use them...

Personally this is more fun as a discovered artifact than something you make yourself... (hmm - maybe I'll include it...)

Correct me if I am wrong, but you have to be constantly affected for a whole year to gain a single warping point. An item designed for you that you can activate and deactivate should cause no warping at all. As a corallary, the reason a Longevity Ritual grants one Warping Point a year is because it is constantly affecting you throughout the year, day and night, each and every moment.

You're probably not wrong, but your statement has enough wiggle room in it that people could say that you are.

In order to get the warping the character needs to be subject to the effect for most of the time, so I'd think that six months and one second would be all that's really needed.

Fifth full paragraph in the middle column on p 168

Sorry for the pedantry.

Serfs parma - but I believe that the rule was something about using it more than half the time - and once you declare that you're making a habit of using it, you will definatly be using it more than half the time.

Yes, there's a point to this.

This is the reverse of a magus's talisman staff allowing him to extend his range, while another staff couldn't. A touch spell wouldn't be transmited by a sword, be it wielded by or against the magi.

I keep bringing this scarecrow up, but someone who does that to you is a killer DM. Still, that's an awul lot of use. Do you make a habbit of using it when you make breakfast? While you are in the lab? Do you wear it in your sleep? It really does take a lot of use to qualify as half the time. Making a habbit of using it every time you go out on adventure would not count. You have to have this thing strapped on 24/7 for the better part of the year. If you wore it twelve hours a day everyday except Sunday, then that falls short of half-the-time, and thus there is no Warping.

And besides, even if wearing it 24/7/365, this is still no more that 1 warping point a year.

Agreed with marko on this.
Unless the enchantment was constant and the character specified that he had his talisman most of the time, I'd put no warping in it.

Even with Sun duration, I doubt a character will increase his strenght even 1/2 of each day, especially when in his laboratory.