Herbalism

Yep , been posting too much on the White Wolf Boards. :slight_smile:

Last time I checked, Atlas was a publishing company. They're job is to publish material. That's how they eat. I rent videos, that's how I eat.

Atlas doesn't have to publish four books a year, and then in addtion to several people not eating, we can all lament how we wished their was more Ars Magica books.

RPG's are always and forever caught in a Catch 22 of "Wish their was more books v. They sold out and their's to many books!"

If Atlas could publish the core book and survive until the end of the time, then there would be no need for them to produce and publish four more books a year. Of course the core book might cost 30K+.

I've expressed my opinion on the matter of supplements, moreso than I intended to. I respect other peoples opinions on the matter but I stand by my own. You will not convince me and I have no real desire to convince you. I will not post on the matter again and probably should not have in the first place. I certainly have no wish for the good folks at Atlas to starve. :slight_smile:

Now let us return to discussion of the game of Ars Magica... a game I believe we all greatly enjoy else we would not be here.

Yeah, I've been posting at the previous forums for years. I'm a nuanced rules monger that often provides quotes and page numbers to establish a canon ruleing. To date, no one has told me to stop. I'm not advocateing plagerism and I would stop immediately if told. The way I see it, these discussions and occasional rules quotes encourage discussion that can lead to sales.

For instance I had no interest in RoD until it recieved several great reviews and references to material was discussed here. As soon as I can pay the rent and still have some cash left in my pocket, it's the book I'm going to buy.

Chuck

Well i am still waiting for my FLGS to come through with my order.
I would have purchased [color=darkblue]Divine simply because i buy all the Ars books as they come out.
However , i am particularly looking forward to reading the section by Alex White after having followed his posts on the Berk-list.

Too bad that the Chuck Amok Video Store isnt closer , i would rent a few extra DVDs (especially anime).

Just an FYI, "Fair Use" does allow you to quote from books on forums if you like, as long as you clearly indicate that not only is it a quote, but form where that quote is taken.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_use

Sphynx

First, I wouldn't get my legal advice from wikipedia.

Second, if you had read the article, you would note that your summary is incorrect. According to your rule, I could legally "quote" the entire ArM5 text as long as I indicated what the original source was. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that wouldn't be Fair Use.