Here there be grogs

Here are Augustus and Brigitte. Yes, Brigitte is being groomed to be a turb/leader, eventually. Please keep in mind when RPing them they are 15 and 13, respectively. Old enough by the Medieval paradigm, but most people should be looking down on them as "those meddlesome kids". Both were found and adopted by Molly in an abandoned orphanage on the verge of freezing to death in York, England. Brigitte is obviously Spanish, and speaks Catalan that she learned from her parents, but doesn't remember her parents at all.

Augustus, Shield Grog in Training

Characteristics: Int 0, Per +1, Str +2, Sta +1, Pre -2, Com +1, Dex +2, Qik +1
Size: 0
Decrepitude: 0 [0]
Warping Score: 0 [0]
Personality Traits: Brave +1, Lazy +1, Loyal +2, Reckless +3, Subtle -2

Virtues: Covenfolk[0], Apt Student[1], Warrior[1]
Flaws: Ability Block: Academic[+1], Reckless[+1]

Fatigue Levels: OK, 0, -1, -3, -5, Unconscious
Wound Penalties: Light 1-5(-1); Medium 6-10(-3); Heavy 11-15(-5); Incap 16-20, Death 21+

Abilities: Athletics 1[Running], Awareness 2[Alertness], Bows 3[Short Bows], Brawl 2[Gauntlet], Charm 1[Being Witty], Chirurgy 1[Binding Wounds], Etiquette 1[Magi], Folk Ken 1[Peasants], Great Weapon 2[Warhammer], Guile 1[Elaborate Lies], Hunt 3[Tracking], Language: English 5[Insults], Language: French 3[Martial Terms], Single Weapon 3[Axe], Stealth 3[Wilderness], Survival 2[Wilderness], Thrown Weapon 1[Javelin]

Equipment: Axe, Javelin(s), Warhammer, Shortbow and Quiver, Round Shield, Partial Leather Scale, Firebuilding Kit, Bedroll
Encumbrance: 12 (If carrying EVERYTHING - he usually brings either the Warhammer OR Axe and Shield combo, not both)

Brigitte, Shield Grog Leader in Training

Characteristics: Int 0, Per +1, Str +1, Sta +1, Pre +1, Com +1, Dex +1, Qik 0
Decrepitude: 0 [0]
Warping Score: 0 [0]
Personality Traits: Brave +3, Cheerful +3, Loyal +2, Organized +2,

Virtues: Custos(Academic)[1], Arcane Lore[1], Warrior[1]
Flaws: Carefree[+1}, Motion Sickness[+1], Offensive to Animals[+1]

Wound Penalties: Light 1-5(-1); Medium 6-10(-3); Heavy 11-15(-5); Incap 16-20, Death 21+

Abilities: Artes Liberales 1[Literacy], Athletics 1[Climbing], Awareness 2[Searching], Bows 3[Short bow], Brawl 1[Dagger], Charm 2[Flirting], Code of Hermes 1[Mundane Relations], Etiquette 1[Magi], Folk Ken 1[Magi], Great Weapon 2[Pole Axe], Hunt 2[Covering Tracks], Language, Native: Catalan 5[Expressive Terms], Language: English 2[Insults], Language: French 3[Martial Terms], Language: Latin 3[Martial Terms], Leadership 2[Inspiration], Lore: Dominion 1[Creatures], Lore: Faerie 2[Traps], Lore: Infernal 1[Undead], Lore: Magic 2[Creatures], Lore: Order of Hermes 1[Mundane Interactions], Magic Theory 1[Lab Assistance], Stealth 1[Hide]

Equipment: Daggers x3, Pole Axe, Short Bow, Partial Leather Scale, Firebuilding Kit, Bedroll, Bag of Cold Iron Nails, Cross, Pouch of Sea Salt,
Encumbrance: 7

I will not be able to post them onto the wiki until tomorrow.

Gerard will absolutely LOVE them.
Show them the life, train them, be a big brother figure... :smiley:

Augustus needs a Brave rating. Maybe even just give him Brave +0 ?

Can anyone with Magic Theory assist in a lab? Cuz, if so, we need to start a cult, er I mean, school.

That's my understanding. And smarter than the average bear, that always helps. That's one of the cornerstones of Claudia's character concept, and I'm pretty sure that's the way it was decided to go.

Of course, if the magus isn't Gentle Gifted, they're going to have to extend their Parma over the lab assistant to keep them from..oh, I don't know, sabotaging the work because the magus will use it to take over the world or something.

Huh - I read too much into Reckless. Adding a Brave +1. :slight_smile:

Oh, if you intended to substitute Reckless for Brave, go ahead.

That's an excellent question, and I'm really not sure the gift ain't required, with Failed apprentice being an exception. But I can't tell (serf's parma)
Otherwise, there'd be little incentive for magi to assist each other. Just for a bunch of mundane helpers.

If no one has the books, I'd suggest asking on the boards.

Core rulebook, p. 103 (left column, ¶ 2) says, "Anyone who has The Gift and a score of at least one in Magic Theory may help you to perform any activity that uses your Magic Theory."

So, yes, it seems that you do need The Gift to be a lab assistant, and that the Failed Apprentice Virtue is a specific exception.

I ran out of Arcane Lores to choose from, guys. Somebody suggest me something to replace Magic Theory with. :slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue:

For which character?

And, well, Magic Lore! We could have an expert in magical beasties.

Well, since Brigitte is the one who has "Magic Theory 1[Lab Assistance]", I'm assuming that it would be here.

Also, taking another look, it seems that Brigitte can't technically take Magic Theory anyway. When she took Custos, she took the ability to take Academic Abilities at creation; Magic Theory is an Arcane Ability, as are Dominion Lore, Code of Hermes, Faerie Lore, Infernal Lore, and Magic Lore; the only Academic Abilities it seems she has are Artes Liberales and Latin (which she can take by taking the Custos Virtue regardless). At least according to her Wiki character sheet (and the sheets on the Wiki, I'd be inclined to treat as "official" anyway). She can learn Magic Theory in-game if she wants, as far as I know.

Would you want to take her subcategory as Arcane instead of Academic for her Custos Virtue instead, and move the five points elsewhere, or leave it at Academic and redistribute those points? Or is there another option I'm not seeing?

And then train him as a Magic Animal Tamer!

Abdul Fati bin Saladin, honorably retired Captain of Saladin's Mamluk Army

Characteristics: Int 0, Per -2, Str +2(1), Sta +1, Pre +1, Com +2, Dex +1(1), Qik +1(1)
Apparent Age: 46
Decrepitude: 0 [4]
Warping Score: 0 [1]
Personality Traits: Brave +3, +Honorable +3, Humble +3, Loyal +2, Stubborn +2

Virtues: Covenfolk[0], Privledged Upbringing[1], Puissant Teaching[1], Warrior[1]
Flaws: Arthritis[+1], Humble[+1], Missing Hand[+1}

Abilities: Artes Liberales 2[Arithmetic], Athletics 2[Running], Awareness 1[Alertness], Brawl 4[Gauntlet], Carouse 1[Sober Partying], Chirurgy 2[Cauterization], Etiquette 1[Military], Folk Ken 1[Prisoners], Great Weapon 4[Long Spear], Language, Native: Arabic 5[Martial], Language: Castillian 4[Slang], Language: English 1[Torture], Language: French 1Language: Greek 2[Torture], Language: Italian 1[Torture], Language: Latin 3[Academic], Langauge: Yiddish 3[Housekeeping], Law, Arabic 1[Muslim], Leadership 5[Military], Lore, Area: Cijara 2[Walls], Lore, Area: Phoenix(regio side) 2[Walls], Music: Religious Prayer 1[Chants], Profession: Soldier 3[Officer - Captain], Ride 2[Battle], Single Weapon 8[Heater Shield], Survival 2[Desert], Swim 1[Long Distances], Teaching 5[Single Weapon], Thrown Weapon 4[Javelin]

Equipment: Scimitar(Long Sword), Javelin(s), Heater Shield (retired), Metal Scale, prayer mat, two wooden balls that fit in his palm
Encumbrance: ??

Aging Rolls (done assuming the +3 Health Living Modifier)
35 - 40: 6 years +1 (+4 Age - 3 Living Modifier)1d10+1=5, 1d10+1=4, 1d10+1=11, 1d10+1=2, 1d10+1=11, 1d10+1=10
41 - 48: 8 years +2 (+5 Age - 3 Living Modifier)1d10+2=8, 1d10+2=7, 1d10+2=5, 1d10+2=8, 1d10+2=8, 1d10+2=6, 1d10+2=10, 1d10+2=11
Fati's 1202 Stress Roll1d10=3
1199 Age a Year +1 5
1200 Age a Year +1 4
1201 No Apparent Aging 1
1202 Age a Year +1 7
1203 No Apparent Aging 1
1204 +1 Aging Pt - Dexterity 10
1205 Age a Year +1 8
1206 Age a Year +1 7
1207 Age a Year +1 5
1208 Age a Year +1 8
1209 Age a Year +1 8
1210 Age a Year +1 6
1211 +1 Aging Pt - Quickness 10
1212 +1 Aging Pt - Strength 11

I'll trust the math. He hasn't seemed very humble, though.

Tagline: Are you ready to make the beast with two backs?
Covenant: Phoenix
Saga: Phoenix: Rise from the Ashe
Characteristics: Int 0, Per 0, Pre +1, Com 0, Str +3, Sta +1, Dex 0, Qik 0
Age: 21 (21), Height: 5'9'', Weight: 180 lbs, Gender: Female
Decrepitude: 0
Warping Score: 0 (0)
Virtues and Flaws: Covenfolk, Enduring Constitution (Resist Pain: +3), Reserves of Strength (Strength: +3 once/day), Sidhe Blood [Descended from Wayland the Smith], Compulsion (Drinking), No Sense of Direction, Social Handicap (Outspoken atheism) [Social Dealings: 3]
Personality Traits: Brave +3, Loyal 1, Wanton +3
Combat:
Dodge: Init: +0, Attack , Defense +4, Damage
Fist: Init: +0, Attack +4, Defense +4, Damage +3
Kick: Init: 1, Attack +4, Defense +3, Damage +6
Soak: +1
Fatigue levels: OK, 0, 0, 2, 4, Unconscious
Wound Penalties: 1 (1 5), 3 (6 10), 5 (11 15), Incapacitated (16 20) (total penalties reduced by 1), Dead (21+)
Abilities: Norman French 5, Animal Handling 2 (horses), Brawl 4 (fair fights), Blacksmith 1 (nails) [Category: Consumables], Awareness 3 (horse kicking), Carpentry 2 (cabinets) [Category: Buildings], Furniture Maker 2 (desks) [Category: Buildings], Cooperage 3 (personal sized casks) [Category: Consumables], Wainwright 5 (cargo wagons), Carouse 4 (outdrinking the boys)
Equipment:
Encumbrance: 0 (0)

Tagline: It’s never too late to talk to God
Covenant: Covenant of the Phoenix
Saga: Phoenix: Rise from the Ashes
Characteristics: Int 0, Per +2, Pre +2, Com +2, Str 1, Sta 1, Dex 0, Qik 0 ( 1)
Age: 40 (40), Height: 5'5'', Weight: 140 lbs, Gender: Male
Decrepitude: 0 (2)
Virtues and Flaws: Privileged Upbringing, Rapid Convalescence (Recover from Wounds: +3), Famous, Motion Sickness, No Sense of Direction, Poor Hearing (Hearing: 3)
Reputations: Kind Hearted 4
Personality Traits: Brave +2, Loyal +2, Sociable +3
Combat:
Dodge: Init: +0, Attack , Defense +0, Damage
Fist: Init: +0, Attack +0, Defense +0, Damage 1
Kick: Init: 1, Attack +0, Defense 1, Damage +2
Soak: 1
Fatigue levels: OK, 0, 1, 3, 5, Unconscious
Wound Penalties: 1 (1 5), 3 (6 10), 5 (11 15), Incapacitated (16 20), Dead (21+)
Abilities: Spanish 5 (storytelling), Hebrew 6 (preaching), Calligraphy 2 (hebrew) [Category: Writing Materials], Artes Liberales 2 (rhetoric), Theology, Jewish 6 (history), Civil and Rabinnic Law 6 (Castilian laws on Jews), Awareness 5 (kosher), Chirurgy 4 (bone setting), Charm 4 (Goy), Music 2 (singing), Teaching 2 (hebrew) (10), Winemaking 2 (kosher production) [Category: Provisions], Area Lore: Salamanca 2 (hebrew quarter), Bargain 3 (kosher products from goy)
Equipment: Talmud; Torah

Tagline: Don’t tell the rabbi I made this for you.
Regina's cousin
Characteristics: Int +1, Per 0, Pre 0, Com 0, Str 0, Sta 0, Dex +3, Qik 0
Age: 18 (18), Height: 5'6'', Weight: 150 lbs, Gender: Male
Virtues and Flaws: Affinity with Baking, Puissant Baking, Craftsman, Gossip, Afflicted Tongue [Spells Using Words: Extra botch die], Carefree, Obese (Fatigue: 3) [Movement: 1 on quickness and grace rolls]
Personality Traits: Brave +1, Loyal +2, Mischievous +3
Combat:
Dodge: Init: +0, Attack , Defense +1, Damage
Fist: Init: +0, Attack +4, Defense +1, Damage +0
Kick: Init: 1, Attack +4, Defense +0, Damage +3
Soak: 0
Wound Penalties: 1 (1 5), 3 (6 10), 5 (11 15), Incapacitated (16 20), Dead (21+)
Abilities: Spanish 5 (customers), Hebrew 4 (customers), Arabic 1 (breads and pastries), Bargain 4 (selling for high price), Baking 7+2 (pastry) (2) [Category: Provisions], Awareness 2 (what's in the oven), Area Lore: Salamanca 2 (hebrew quarter), Brawl 1 (food fights), Folk Ken 1 (customers)
Equipment:

This post has been removed because the poster has lost basic math skills due to a power outage.
Real reason, is that a shield grog is missing (and most necessary) so the butcher that was in this spot was called home.
Watch this space in the future.

Note: I've set him up as a companion, but with only three slots. Either to allow for the Black Sheep flaw, or to allow him room to grow. A 15 year old who embezzled from the family business successfully for over a year has some potential to grow! :wink:
Tagline: No, we don’t have that Vis, I think you’re misremembering… See, look at the tally book.
Ra'am's nephew
Saga: hoenix: Rise from the Ashes
Characteristics: Int 0, Per 1, Pre +3, Com +2, Str 0, Sta 1, Dex 0, Qik 0
Age: 15 (15), Height: 5'6'', Weight: 150 lbs, Gender: Male
Confidence: 1 (3)
Virtues and Flaws: Clear Thinker (Bonus: +3 to resist lies, confusion, subterfuge), Clerk, Free Expression (Bonus: +3 to create new work of art), Black Sheep
Personality Traits: Brave 1, Loyal +0, Calculating +3
Reputations: Thief 2
Combat:
Fist: Init: +0, Attack +0, Defense +0, Damage +0
Kick: Init: 1, Attack +0, Defense 1, Damage +3
Soak: 1
Abilities: Spanish 5, Hebrew 5 (technical terms), Accounting 4 (embezzling), Guile 2 (fraud), Artes Liberales 1 (arithemetic), Area Lore: Salamanca 3 (hebrew quarter), Bargain 1 (bait and switch), Folk Ken 2 (townsfolk)
Equipment:

Tagline: How was the council meeting, sweetheart? My, you look tense. Have some wine, come here and I'll rub your shoulders. Now where were we? What did Cygna say again?
Ra'am's wife
Daughters Elizabeth (b.1199) and Abaigael (b.1206)
Saga: Phoenix: Rise from the Ashes
Characteristics: Int +1, Per 0, Pre +2, Com 0, Str 0, Sta 0, Dex 0, Qik 0
Size: 1
Age: 37 (37), Height: 4'5'', Weight: 100 lbs, Gender: Female
Decrepitude: 0 (2)
Virtues and Flaws: Book Learner (Book Quality: +3), Gossip, Educated, Busybody [Magi], Weak Characteristics: 3, Small Frame
Personality Traits:, Brave +3, Loyal +3, Devoted +3
Combat:
Fist: Init: +0, Attack +0, Defense +0, Damage +0
Kick: Init: 1, Attack +0, Defense 1, Damage +3
Soak: 0
Wound Penalties: 1 (1 4), 3 (5 8), 5 (9 12), Incapacitated (13 16), Dead (17+)
Abilities: Castillian 5, Hebrew 5 (storytelling), Artes Liberales 2 (literature) (5) [Literate in Latin and Hebrew
], Area Lore: Salamanca 2 (jewish quarter), Baking 2 (breads) [Category: Provisions], Arabic 3 (diplomacy), Latin 3 (hermetic), Housewife 5 (raising precocious kids), Bargain 5 (household supplies), Music 2 (singing), Awareness 2 (where the kids are), Folk Ken 5 (covenfolk children), Guile 5 (dissembling to Ra'am), Intrigue 2 (Ra'am's interests), English 3 (market lingo), Norman French 2 (market lingo)
Equipment: