Hermes Portal Back Issues

Thank you.

I bought the issues from 9 on. This is very much appreciated. Thanks to all involved!

V

chokes on coffee from laughter

The Calendar is worth the wait alone. Most excellent!

Just in way of an update.

Atlas has posted my PDF of the compiled table of contents for Hermes Portal as a handy reference:

atlas-games.com/pdf_storage/ ... ntents.pdf

which includes a link to the backissues here:

pagesperso-orange.fr/styren/herm ... ermes1.htm

and a link to it's spiritual successor, Sub Rosa:

subrosamagazine.org

The second issue is due out any day now...

Regards,

Jarkman

Much thanks to make available those hermes portals. In our previous campaign, I actually made a long story on the island of Manx. The last ussues would have been of a great use !
I regret I didn't knew it's content.

Haveing read extensively those HP, I'm thinking seriously about getting Subrosa.
I suggest to make available the table of contents of each issue of Sub Rosa. Maybe it is already the case. But then, I suggest to be a bit more "aggressive" in your "marketing". :wink:
Sometimes it's doesn't hurt to be bombarded by information :wink:
Long live Sub Rosa!

The previews of issues #1 and #2 do show the tables of contents.

You can download preview #1 here
http://arsmagazine.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/subrosa-issue1-preview.pdf

and preview #2 here:
http://arsmagazine.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/subrosa-issue2-preview.pdf

Issue #2 is due out RealSoonNow...any day, from what I understand.

-Ben.

You should translate thought into serious action IMO! :slight_smile:

There's a competition to win an Ars book just by subscribing!

As Ben pointed out above, the previews contain the ToCs already.

Issue 2 is now out and Issue 3 is in planning.

A complied ToC at some stage would be a great idea but there's only been 2 issues so far. Perhaps Alex will compile the contents on the Sub Rosa site at some stage...

Err, I'm not sure who you're referring to here. It's Alex's fanzine. I'm just a fan of Hermes Portal and thought it was a shame to go to waste - making the Hermes Portal table of contents is one way to encourage people to see what a great fanzine it was by downloading the issues Eric Kouris has now made freely available.

As Timothy pointed out previously on these forums, for Ars to maintain its own fanzine, Alex needs lots of support, both in terms of regular articles and in subscriptions.

Hopefully people get inspired by HP and support Sub Rosa.

A quick look through the contents of HP reveals were the luminaries of ArM5 (including the current Line Editor) got some of their teeth cut in a metaphorical sense.

The gauntlet has been thrown down...

Cheers,

Jarkman

PS I've always thought it a shame the Mythic Perspectives on CD idea never came to reality and this was a strong incentive to badger poor Eric into making HP available lest it sink into obscurity. MP Issues #9-#11 are available via e23 and are also worthwhile for the small cost involved IMO but we've lost a whole lot of history there sadly..