Hermetic understanding of the fork

In itself, sure, but no rule can be read purely on its own. It has to be understood in the context of the rest of the system. Some of us try to read the rules like a system of propositional logic, but it has never been written as such. It is an hermeneutic project to make sense of it. Nothing is obvious.

I do agree that the InTe 2 guideline could be clarified by adding " possessed by the caster" to "appropriate skill".
One part of his arguments that grated was his ignoring all the other InTe guidelines , and twisting definitions to justify ignoring them.

Perhaps I have been recently traumatised by Australian politicians asserting (significant paraphrasing) that the best way forward to climate change prevention is to embrace green hydrogen, and government's preferred method of producing green hydrogen is the one that involves burning lots of coal, because it incorporates existing infrastructure synergies and skills,. As such we can assume it is the cheapest option.

I said incorrect, not obviously incorrect. While the poll shows a near 50/50 split in opinions if you look at who is taking what position everyone who has established familiarity with the system on this board, including people who normally disagree vehemently on such topics, are predominantly saying no.

1 Like

@ezzelino
First, thanks for trying. I appreciate it

I've read your post 3 times at different moments, hoping it would get better, but, sadly, I don't understand what you mean .

And that's putting aside the fact that I disagree completely on your point c)
To me, this would mean that you could have a written text in an unknown language, carve it on stone, and then say "obviously, it's a love letter!". The message is independent from the medium, yet you're using the medium to get information on the message.

Luckily, it doesn't matter at all!!!
First, I do not play with your troupe, so it has no importance whether I'm confused or not :crazy_face:
Second, whether you're actually clear and consistent in your reading or not (I can't tell, because I don't understand), you sure think you are, which means it works for you, and thus, there is no problem here either. :partying_face: