HOOKS: Questions about the new book

For the record regarding wikipedia's quote, there is a Catalan law from the XVII century (maybe it was XVIIIth? I would need to check) that points out that the marriageable couple needs to be asked if they want to marry. We found that when researching family history (we are at 1450 now and it is getting harder because now the documents are in Latin). The priest that wrote about it sounded quite annoyed at the fact of having to ask the couple about this.

Of course.
You're right!! :unamused:
On the other side, Belgen is not necessary an antagonist to the alliance, the Belgen's takeover could settle the affairs of the Magi (there are two Merenita in the troupe :wink: ) and, perhaps they could take the side of the Faerie Queen and manage some compromise. How knows ?
So Magi need some holes on the Queen plans.

Thank you, Mark Shirley and Xavi for your historical advices.
This is the information I needed to understand the plot.
Effectively, knowing this aspect of the medieval marriage, theFearie Quenn do not need to celebrate the mariage with a priest to claim the fief.<- Black line :mrgreen:

Thank you Richard for your helpful and friendly answers.
I will, surely, have a great time with your story.

I'm glad you like my two Hooks, hope others may find them useful as we'll.I think it's more fun if the situations aren't all easy and clear cut.

Thanks for writing them, I did really like them indeed (and the rest of the book, as well).

I couldn't agree more.