Houses of Hermes: Societates

I can confirm that I wrote Ex Misc traditions. NDA be damned...

[Andrew: You need to put your chapter title in your bio next time. :wink:]

David has formally outed several of us. He said I did Jerbiton and none of the traditions in Ex Misc.

Certainly no doubt of that, after seeing the table of contents... :slight_smile:

Synesthesia: Switching the Organs of Perception! Perhaps we have the answer to all our blind magi.

I always thought that this could be done through standard sense target intellego imagonem spells.

A spell with a target of hearing that allows you to hear smells, a spell with target vision that allows you to see tastes, or a spell with target touch that allows you to feel sounds all look to me to be perfectly doable without venturing into any wierd research, mysteries, or virtues

Youpi!!!!

I want it, I want it!!!!

I like the return of the sahirs, I love sahirs (and invocators in general)

Aaaargh!!!!

This is so great!!!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

And it will give all those hedgies an edge! :smiley:

I also look forward for those "less intelligent magi" :smiley: Might be fun...

And all those perception/illusion rules...

Oh, but it is more fun to make people guess. :unamused:

(I was just poking fun about the NDA. The authors' bios leave little room for doubt about what piece(s) I did. ) :slight_smile:

You're too close to the work, I think an outsider could think you wrote one of two chapters...

Now, Erik's bio gives his sections away.

EDIT: I didn't see that Mark identified his chapter, so by process of elimination, I guess we must know which one you did.

Flame on.

Yeah, there's also the bit where I acknowledge Erik's help on the Cult of Mercury - fairly easy to cross-reference with the table of contents.

Still, I'm not admitting to anything in particular. :wink:

Well I was reasonably far off from my first guesses (see about the fifth post in the first page of this thread where David corrected my assumption about Timothy's section).

So,

Flambeau - Andrew
Jerbiton - Timothy
Tytalus - Mark
Ex Misc - John, Erik, Nick

Makes me wonder then about the Normandy Tribunal book, with as-yet-unlisted authors. Perhaps Mr Shirley will be expanding across the Rhine to detail the home turf of his Tytalus magi?

Now for the inevitable wait for shipment to Oz....

Regards,

Jarkman

PS David did say the Intro to Societas was very short - so short in fact that it's the back cover blurb!

It can be. I am walking very softly around the edge of things I'm not allowed to discuss due to my NDA here. You are perfectly correct that you can just do this now.

You ease my fears Tim. I worry that many spells that should be perfectly reasonable to create normally may get eaten up by an encroaching number of virtues narrowing what is possible for hermetic magic to do.

The line has, to my recollection, always been pretty good at avoiding this but my worries still persist.

Now go and enjoy your honeymoon.

Alright. I know NDA is an acronym for "Non-Disclosure Agreement."

I feel like a dullard, but why would any of you need one of those (barring speaking of unreleased material)? Is there something important about disclosing who wrote what?

I'm talking about Erik's point about synthesia. He's right that you can -already- swap senses for sensations. He was saying that it was weird that the new book includes it, because he thought it was already something magi could do, and not new stuff. I can't comment on the contents of the unreleased book, because of the NDA, but I can say that yes, he's quite right, you can do this already under the core rules.

Tease. :stuck_out_tongue:

This book can't come out fast enough!

-K!

All authors have to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement in order to write for Atlas Games. As to the reasons, that is really a question for John Nephew, but I think it makes a great deal of sense.

The NDA says we can't reveal any information about a book before it's published. That includes what parts each of us wrote. So basically the NDA says I can't announce to the public "hey everyone I wrote this chapter." I think that is funny because now it is totally obvious what I wrote and yet I still can't say it. However I can see why no one else enjoys the joke as much as I do. :blush:

On a related note, exactly who wrote which Ex Misc tradition is something that can't be revealed until after the book is published.

I'm waiting for it to come out so I can purchase Ancient Magic and Societas together to save on shipping fees. I've been waiting a long time ... :angry:

I am enlightened. 8)

In my defense, I had no idea our bios were going to be part of the introduction, rather than placed at the back of the book. :slight_smile:

WOW!

How much IS shipping to Israel?