How about an official release for more spells?

With it sounding like all of the threads will only be used for errata, i'm bummed by that as I'm not confident that the majority of Ars players ever look at errata, I have a suggestion for a different product.

Presuming no new version of a 5th edition core rulebook with fixes, how about a new official release of a grimoire? Just spells to help make it more clear how the magic creation system works? Even if it was pdf only, I know I would love that. I know there are online resources for spells, but I personally would rather pay Atlas for official spells, even if some of those spells are from other products, to make things easier to find!

5 Likes

I'd definitely buy it.

2 Likes

A product like that could also include a truly comprehensive list of guidelines.

2 Likes

Great idea, add that also!

A book of spells and magics and mystical virtues and additional lores and such would be awesome. I would buy it in a heartbeat. Especially if they added things like adventure seeds on gathering writings about long lost spells or works to make spells better, or whatnot.

2 Likes

I do really like the idea of a book with a collection of standard guidelines and whole bunch of spell and items using them, with the spells and items partly chosen to show how guidelines are intended, how circles intended to work, why one might choose Individual +2 magnitudes over Group, etc.

This will never be a comprehensive set of guidelines, as that rules out anything not printed as being available. We should note that since the core book is has been known that the list of guidelines that has been printed is incomplete; there exist unwritten guidelines.

2 Likes

Yes, when I said comprehensive I mean of the official guidelines to this point in time, not that those could ever be the only possible guidelines.

1 Like

I would happily buy this book as well!

1 Like

I should say, I'd happily write up a pile of spells as examples. I'd also happily read through piles of spells to vet them.

3 Likes

Yes! And, some rules of thumb for things like "+2 complexity", "+3 elaborate design", and "+1 fancy effect" would be greatly appreciated as well.

3 Likes

I'm thinking that Ars could use a release with all the new errata (just so it may be errataed again in the future :sweat_smile: ), guidelines as outlined by Samsaptaka (So much that!), and, since it mostly concerns magic, new spells to illustrate how all of this works.

I would buy such a book, but, then, I'd buy any new Ars book :yum:

2 Likes

Seconded.

1 Like